+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hey, we got a little buff on the PTS also!

Default Hey, we got a little buff on the PTS also!

The Ranger 2pc HK got boosted to instead of 0.5 cast time reduction on Shadow (making it 1.5) / Splinter (1.0), they are now instant cast.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

God darn it nd I just bought my mm crystal at last.

Doesn't sound that big a buff though compared to all the qq nerds being thrown at us, both from pvp and pve fails who can't adapt and just want us nerfed.

Sorry nubs, I was using tactics and learning how not to stand in the fire for months and so when I got put on par I ripped your one button spec to shreds. And now you qq us back into the shadows.

Shakes head.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Telaran

I tried the t1 ranger crystal on the PTS, seems to be a dps gain for me over the t1 mm crystal.

Makes it worthwhile to use Shadow Fire on CD every 20 sec instead of waiting the full duration since it hits like a truck and is instant.

Splinter Shot seems to do the same amount of dmg as Empowered.

It'll just mean you'll probably want to carry both crystals.

Question:
    By making them instant do they still draw the usual damage multipliers from Sniper Training for channeled ranged abilities?

Good change, it will mean for ranger instead of using the MM crystal you'll use the ranger one.

I'm not sure how it'll be without pets getting fixed, higher ranger might be decent in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhaz View Post
    It'll just mean you'll probably want to carry both crystals.

Question:
    By making them instant do they still draw the usual damage multipliers from Sniper Training for channeled ranged abilities?
    I think so yea, if you mean casted abilities. It works both ways too, making a casted ability instant won't be buffed if you're buffing instants.

Think this change might have more of an effect then the change on NB, have to play with ranger builds before 1.6.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-01-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Rift Master

Finally a change that actually makes sense. Now just fix pets and all the MM qq will go away, right? Because we all want to cuddle with our raptors.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Heck no it won't. I hate pets!

Rift Disciple

I like pets just hate that ranger's pets suck and you can't change them.

ranger 4pc still sux, the 2pc is a boost however, ran some tests last night and it's still behind the nerfed MM which doesnt make sense, ranged + pet should at worst be equal to ranged - pet, but pets are so awful right now it's pathetic.... and the 4pc isnt bad really, it just affects pets, it's like the saboteur crystal affecting bombs instead of charges, bad because bombs are bad...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    ranger 4pc still sux, the 2pc is a boost however, ran some tests last night and it's still behind the nerfed MM which doesnt make sense, ranged + pet should at worst be equal to ranged - pet, but pets are so awful right now it's pathetic.... and the 4pc isnt bad really, it just affects pets, it's like the saboteur crystal affecting bombs instead of charges, bad because bombs are bad...
    Did you try out 28rng-38mm? Might be best to use the ranger crystal with the MM crystal nerf. 4 piece will still suck, but 2 piece bonus could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Did you try out 28rng-38mm? Might be best to use the ranger crystal with the MM crystal nerf. 4 piece will still suck, but 2 piece bonus could be nice.
    i parsed the build, but kept the mm crystal, it's still very good, it never used QS anyways so that nerf didnt change it at all, just lost the 20% from EM which isnt as big a nerf. i think the ranger build in my sig with 4pc will out parse it tho, the ranger 4pc is about 100dps, not great but not terrible either, and the 2pc is very good now, and the 4pc scales with raid buffs so that 100dps may go up to 150dps or more who knows, worth trying out since it's a ranged build that has lethal poison.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Champion of Telara

The real question is whether the ranger pet actually works on Akylios.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    The real question is whether the ranger pet actually works on Akylios.
    yes, ive run it as 38mm and my pet has never died.

Champion of Telara

Well that's cool.

Err, the other half: does the pet successfully attack stuff in the water, or does it get lost in the z-axis?

The more relevant point here is the pet critting so you get the buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast