+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bwahaha, Sabo is fun as heck

Default Bwahaha, Sabo is fun as heck

I just recently started playing Sabo as a PvP spec(tanking is my main PvE) and I gotta say its hella fun. Sure the ramp up for the Detonate sucks, and I really wish there was actual on-hit damage for charges. But there is just something about blowing up people who like to jump around like rabbits and watching them fly through the air. Especially when its a Dwarf >8). Random thread I know, but Sabo in PvP deserves some credit for how fun it is.

What I'm wondering is the traps, like Entangling Trap, if you set this at a choke point, will it root all enemies that try to pass through, or just the first ones that are around the person who triggers the trap?
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Shadowlander

Until you realize you have no survivability and that charges actually do terrible damage compared to almost anything else But as long as you are having fun, by all means!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by exarkun007 View Post
    Until you realize you have no survivability and that charges actually do terrible damage compared to almost anything else But as long as you are having fun, by all means!
    Sab does decent damage. Could knock down half a health bar at once if done right. The trick is you only Det on people with half a health bar. Harder to 1v1 but shines in group play.

I long for the old days when sabo was good in PvP... I have to admit my enjoyment of Rift declined with the sabo charge booster nerf (not the crit nerf since that was OP as ****). I will grant that it is fun to play though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    I long for the old days when sabo was good in PvP... I have to admit my enjoyment of Rift declined with the sabo charge booster nerf (not the crit nerf since that was OP as ****). I will grant that it is fun to play though .
    I wasn't here for the Armor Pen bug, was it really as bad as people said it was? and what was the original charge booster?
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    I wasn't here for the Armor Pen bug, was it really as bad as people said it was? and what was the original charge booster?
    He's talking about when charges of a specific type added 1 extra charge if Charge Booster was specc'd. So 5 blast charges would become 6 blast charges. However 1 of each type of charge applied became 10 charges and thus lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    He's talking about when charges of a specific type added 1 extra charge if Charge Booster was specc'd. So 5 blast charges would become 6 blast charges. However 1 of each type of charge applied became 10 charges and thus lethal.
    ah, I see. that would be pretty bad...
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

it was crazy in the lower brackets sabs could kill pretty much anyone with a full stack of charges and one detonate
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Sab does decent damage. Could knock down half a health bar at once if done right. The trick is you only Det on people with half a health bar. Harder to 1v1 but shines in group play.
    I do more burst and DPS (both single target and AoE) as MM, and from a greater range. Plus I get a healing debuff, a spammable purge, ability to kite, and a few other goodies. Sab does pretty pathetic damage compared to most competitive rogue specs, which is a shame because damage is pretty much all the spec brings to the table.

Not saying it isn't fun, but there's really no reason to bother with it if you want to be competitive. Hell, I'm full p8 and I can't even drop a Cleric or Chloro with 5 Blast Charges + Carpet Bomb, 4 Annihilation, Detonate, Rapid Setup + Detonate. And even if I got them low, you're doing absolutely 0 damage for at least 5 seconds, giving them plenty of time to heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    I do more burst and DPS (both single target and AoE) as MM, and from a greater range. Plus I get a healing debuff, a spammable purge, ability to kite, and a few other goodies. Sab does pretty pathetic damage compared to most competitive rogue specs, which is a shame because damage is pretty much all the spec brings to the table.

Not saying it isn't fun, but there's really no reason to bother with it if you want to be competitive. Hell, I'm full p8 and I can't even drop a Cleric or Chloro with 5 Blast Charges + Carpet Bomb, 4 Annihilation, Detonate, Rapid Setup + Detonate. And even if I got them low, you're doing absolutely 0 damage for at least 5 seconds, giving them plenty of time to heal up.
    yea I been playing around with it once I hit P8 only thing its good for is big battles like scion. Stick in a group hope you get heals and blow up things at 50% health. You can net a lot of KB's but sad thing is you can do same with MM and have the pluses mentioned above. Just to much time doing little to no damage time in between detonates
    Last edited by sanosuke; 11-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

+ Reply to Thread