+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sin/NB pve build

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Sin/NB pve build

The build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....hVRcxofV00M.M

The build is mainly an assassin since it uses impale and final blow as the default finishers. NB is the supporting soul which compensates for sin's weaknesses by provides damage bonuses, good combo point builders, aoe and ranged abilities. RS is the leftover points mostly because the build scales well with AP and RS gives a blink which is useful.

On bosses such as Matron where you want to do cleave damage you can use weapon flare to build combo points and fiery chains actually increases your dps on the main target if there are adds. I wouldn't call it an aoe build though.

Fiery spike is around 50 dps increase when selfbuffed but you have to pay a lot more attention to the rotation. It's probably not worth the trouble most of the time unless you are going for a maximum Sicaron parse for example.

Scourge of Darkness can be used as a finisher in melee rotation or it can be kept available for phases where you are out of melee range to keep up the dps, depends on what the target is. The effect on dps is quite minimal.

Since most of the combo point builders are fire or death damage you may not end up always getting the full benefit from expose weakness especially when using ebon fury. Using SoD between final blows during ebon fury is a good idea. Just make sure impale and puncture are ticking and serrated blades gets procced a lot from crits and you will get the most out of expose weakness.

Basic combo point building macros.
    2-point bulder: Puncture > Dusk Strike > Backstab > Twilight Force > Fiery Chains > Primal Strike > Fiery Spike
    1-point builder: Backstab > Twilight Force > Primal Strike > Fiery Spike
    AOE macro: Fiery Chains > Weapon Flare

Additionally I have Fiery Spike, Final Blow, Impale and Scourge of Darkness outside macros. Rotation is just the normal combo point building, Impale as finisher is first priority if it's down, then either use SoD > final blow or just save SoD for ranged phases and use final blow. Without fiery spike the rotation is very easy. With fiery spike you have to pay more attention but it's doable.

The build is still a work in progress and I have not used it on raids but maybe someone else has tried a similar build and can share his experiences. On dummy it parses higher for me than the 36NB, 49NB, 51NB , 51 sin, 46 sab, sabdancer, mandancer, 51BD, 40BD and blinkblade builds. The asstalker/bloodstalker 32 sin/20 rs/14mm might parse higher but I'm not too fond of the build because of the blinks' forced positioning and it can't be parsed properly without fervor so it's a bit tricky to compare. Marksman still parses higher even with the nerfs but not by a lot and I think this build would scale better in raids.

And which crystal would you use? No matter which one you used you would be using it ineffectively.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    And which crystal would you use? No matter which one you used you would be using it ineffectively.
    Assassin crystal. Like I said you won't always get the full benefit from expose weakness but you do get most of it. You produce about 3 physical attacks per second so if you hit a finisher every 6 seconds then you get 18 out of the 20 on average so you are not losing much most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread