+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Someone explain the nerf to me like a little kid=P

Rift Disciple

Default Someone explain the nerf to me like a little kid=P

Hi ther could someone explain to me this new nerf ? i just see genral 50% to 30% i dont have the crystal which means anyone could give me full details on this would be great thanks,

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Diebymyhands View Post
    Hi ther could someone explain to me this new nerf ? i just see genral 50% to 30% i dont have the crystal which means anyone could give me full details on this would be great thanks,
    Seriously?
    Ip

Theres two aspects:
    a) reduction of the HK 4 piece synergy crystal bonus from 50% to 30%. There would only be a subset of all rogues game wide that have this anyway. Unless your trotting around in at least 4/7 HK, you wont even notice.

b) Improved quick shot. This is the one every. single. rogue. will feel.
    What happens on live right now, is by taking improve quick shot, Electrified munitions will proc First on the initial hit, and then again on the first tick of the bleed (just the first, not every).

It would appear what trion is saying is that this is unintended, it should only happen on the first tick.
    The problem is, Improved Quick Shot (IPS) isnt really native to quick shot, its the primary bleed used by ranged rogues, and further, this type of proccing behaviour works on all dots in game (If EM worked on melee hits for example (it doesnt), Serrated Blades first tick would proc it).

What Trion are now saying is that this is unintended, and we should only be rewarded for the first hit.

How about this Trion:
    1) Remove IPS as a 3/3 ability, and make it 1/1.
    2) Revert the nerf
    3) MM/RNG builds will now have to rotate between QS and SS for their stock builder to make benefit if the bleed effect. In the above case spamming QS will award nothing unless your in your Emp shot/shadowfire/deadeye rotation component.

This will achieve two things:
    1) It gives the MM and RNG builds back their intended behaviour
    2) It complicates the rotation just enough to satisfy the QQ'ers who complain about 1 button faceroll specs (which the best players dont use anyway... but meh).

On a side note, my biggest concern is actually with Empowered Shot alltogether. Because of the way it functions, its essentially "bonus damage" on every shot, and as a result WILL ALWAYS BE the balancing mechanism for trion and the MM build. They will feel that they can increase/decrease absolutely everything by tuning this one ability, which is true. Lets see what happens when stacking T2 lesser attack power essences happens and people start QQ'ing .... again.

On a side note, my biggest concern is actually with Empowered Shot alltogether. Because of the way it functions, its essentially "bonus damage" on every shot, and as a result WILL ALWAYS BE the balancing mechanism for trion and the MM build. They will feel that they can increase/decrease absolutely everything by tuning this one ability, which is true. Lets see what happens when stacking T2 lesser attack power essences happens and people start QQ'ing .... again.
    typo above, Empowered shot should read Electrified Munitions
    Last edited by Warhaz; 11-01-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

thanks alot=p

Warhaz explained it pretty well.

The overall change on 2 abilities means MM will lose about 500 dps on Sicaron (give or take, hard to tell exactly) which is the encounter everyone's been using for a benchmark in the 20 man raid zone Hammerknell ... reason being you get a big damage buff, so small differences look bigger so it's the best place to test specs.

Changing the dot tick from improved quick shot means 2 electrified procs for 1 ability is unintended. Reducing electrified's damage means Trion's intent is for warriors to be higher dps then rogues, given the same gear. MM is the only spec rogues had that competes with warrior dps and it got nerfed. That's what has people up in arms on the rogue forums, it's one thing to change something that's overpowered to tone it down, it's totally another to design a game where a class that everyone chose to play as dps is always second rate. After MM the next best spec is hundreds of dps below and uses positional attacks so can't be used on multiple encounters. After that it's close to 600+ dps lower on Sicaron then MM is now on live.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-02-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    reason being you get a big damage buff, so small differences look bigger so it's the best place to test specs.

After that it's close to 600+ dps lower on Sicaron then MM is now on live.
    Those two sentences don't make a lot of sense to me.

Is there no good "Patchwerk" benchmark fight in HK? Using a fight with random damage increases to compare parses just doesn't sound very... useful, except to sensationalize the forum crying with bigger numbers.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Plane Touched

Unfortunately there's not. Every other fight in HK incorporates movement, add phases, or switching targets so none of them are full-on boss dps like Sicaron. Due to the damage boost from contract it's not terribly reliable for benchmarks either.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    Unfortunately there's not. Every other fight in HK incorporates movement, add phases, or switching targets so none of them are full-on boss dps like Sicaron. Due to the damage boost from contract it's not terribly reliable for benchmarks either.
    Putting a DPS-check boss in every instance probably isn't one of their design goals or much fun for progressing guilds, so maybe we should suggest a "full raid buffs" aura when standing near the target dummies.

Or people can go back to Plut and wear 320 hit?

I dunno, but it sounds like a whole lot of complaining over a very small percentage disparity.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Those two sentences don't make a lot of sense to me.

Is there no good "Patchwerk" benchmark fight in HK? Using a fight with random damage increases to compare parses just doesn't sound very... useful, except to sensationalize the forum crying with bigger numbers.
    Sicaron seems to be the default raid dummy at the moment. Everyone stands still and the buff evens it out over time. The random element is that you usually have to run out 1-3 times during the fight for 10 seconds so all Sicaron parses have to come with a disclaimer of how many times he had to run out.

The bigger problem of Sicaron parses is the differences in scaling between builds. The buff is essentially a +damage modifier. However it seems to be additive to all the other +damage modifiers. So builds that already have very high modifiers scale poorly with it while builds that have low modifiers scale very well. That means there is a systematic error in every single Sicaron parse.

+ Reply to Thread