+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue P8 gears, what is good pve DPS build?

Default Rogue P8 gears, what is good pve DPS build?

Currently with full R7 & R8 gears, but like do some raiding. Any1 know wat good spec to use?
    Many thanks
    Obb in the area

Quote Originally Posted by Bubb View Post
    Currently with full R7 & R8 gears, but like do some raiding. Any1 know wat good spec to use?
    Many thanks
    see my sig for good HK raiding builds.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

You'll probably need to run something with Bladedancer until you get more Hit items. Or pony up the ~300 plat for the crafted gear.

Hoko, i used to play sabdancer, but since incriminate macro is not working. Therefore i love to try new build. But most my gears are DEX, which build u suggest? how about Mandancer? U got too many good builds at ya sig^^. thanks
    Obb in the area

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    You'll probably need to run something with Bladedancer until you get more Hit items. Or pony up the ~300 plat for the crafted gear.
    i got 200 hits, cause of accessory and enchant
    Obb in the area

Hoko, i used to play sabdancer, but since incriminate macro is not working. Therefore i love to try new build. But most my gears are DEX, which build u suggest? how about Mandancer? U got too many good builds at ya sig^^. thanks
    sabdancer still works, use the real incrim macros

#show incriminate
    cast @focus incriminate

#show incriminate
    cast @mouseover incriminate

the target commands no longer work (and never should have imo). and mandancer works great, especially if you are rocking the P8 crystal.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Sword of Telara

i got 200 hits, cause of accessory and enchant
    220 is recommended. You can still be dodged/parried at 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    sabdancer still works, use the real incrim macros

#show incriminate
    cast @focus incriminate

#show incriminate
    cast @mouseover incriminate

the target commands no longer work (and never should have imo). and mandancer works great, especially if you are rocking the P8 crystal.
    cool..greatly appreciate ya help
    Obb in the area

P8 gear is equivalent to HK gear for stats, going into gsb/ros with it is a waste of time lol, if you want to raid HK you can do so by getting 2 high hit rings (dont have to raid to get em), the BoE neck from eCC, some crappy weapons/guns with high hit, t1 token helm and gloves, and full hit enchants.

only your mainhand and non helm/glove pieces need to be P8.

Rift Disciple

I swap around the p8 weps,gear and PVE hit gear to allow me to have decent ranged/melle dps in GSB,HK.
    The two builds I run on raids are 51MM and ofc a beloved Hoko Asstalker spec.

For MM, I run heavy AP build around durnes 4 set,chest and legs p8,MM crystal, ranger greater engine, p8 gun. I stack all other weps and slots with hit gear till > 220 for Gsb/ros and then more hit slot swaps to get to >300 for HK.
    I'm finding it to be great dps all round with the 4 set of durnes, if you don't enough tokens then would grind out for Durnes Hat and gloves, rest p8, your dps will still rock.

For the melle build i switch to as much p8 as i can to pad my HP, change out engine, p8 sword and wreck havoc on boss! safe in the know that my stats will allow me to survive most of my stupidity.

Being a casual raider it took me ages to get to 4 durnes, I never dungeon, well hardly ever and p8 spoiled me for ros/gsb.

Be warned, You will end up like me, swapping gear out madly as you change spec, thinking this is insane but secretly enjoying it all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzazal View Post
    I swap around the p8 weps,gear and PVE hit gear to allow me to have decent ranged/melle dps in GSB,HK.
    The two builds I run on raids are 51MM and ofc a beloved Hoko Asstalker spec.

For MM, I run heavy AP build around durnes 4 set,chest and legs p8,MM crystal, ranger greater engine, p8 gun. I stack all other weps and slots with hit gear till > 220 for Gsb/ros and then more hit slot swaps to get to >300 for HK.
    I'm finding it to be great dps all round with the 4 set of durnes, if you don't enough tokens then would grind out for Durnes Hat and gloves, rest p8, your dps will still rock.

For the melle build i switch to as much p8 as i can to pad my HP, change out engine, p8 sword and wreck havoc on boss! safe in the know that my stats will allow me to survive most of my stupidity.

Being a casual raider it took me ages to get to 4 durnes, I never dungeon, well hardly ever and p8 spoiled me for ros/gsb.

Be warned, You will end up like me, swapping gear out madly as you change spec, thinking this is insane but secretly enjoying it all the same.
    lol..been swap gears a lot, i also have tank spec, so 2 pve dps spec, 2 pvp spec, 1 tank spec.

running MM with pvp gears? i thought MM focus on AP.

Also, dont think my guild running RoS/GsB(sad). But i been doing a lot dungeon. saved about 150 mark of ascension, but i might spend those on tank set(since i used to MT in WoW, might just go back tanking)
    Obb in the area

Many thanks
    Try Hoko's Blinkblade spec, that spec kicks *** and its extremely fun to play plus loads and loads of damage
    -Smarted the Awesome

Rift Disciple

lol..been swap gears a lot, i also have tank spec, so 2 pve dps spec, 2 pvp spec, 1 tank spec.

running MM with pvp gears? i thought MM focus on AP.

Also, dont think my guild running RoS/GsB(sad). But i been doing a lot dungeon. saved about 150 mark of ascension, but i might spend those on tank set(since i used to MT in WoW, might just go back tanking)
    I need to use the 4 Durnes to get the MM crystal to work ^^, jury is out though on it as I still feel the higher stats all round on p8 as well as the higher base stats with p8crystal evens it out, I only bought the the Durnes cause I had the tokens otherwise, as I said, I would stick to all P8 and stack hit runes on everything else.

If you have 150 tokens then I would plump for Durnes gloves and hat, they both have atack power and hit.

I also carry ros/gsb tanking gear/p8/durnes and various bits n bobs, sad isnt it that we need to do so many swap outs!
    Last edited by Azzazal; 11-02-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    Try Hoko's Blinkblade spec, that spec kicks *** and its extremely fun to play plus loads and loads of damage
    ^ This, the Blink Blade spec is probably the most fun melee spec rogues have IMO and it puts up very solid DPS. Not quite as high as the Asstalker spec, but it is much simpler to use, and has pretty solid AoE to go along with its high ST. I actually run Blink Blade on everything except DPS race bosses where i run Asstalker, just because i find Blink Blade more fun.

Also, check the guide in my sig for a quick rundown of all the raiding specs and link's to their individual guides. (yes most of them are Hoko specs/guides)
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

So right now i got couple spec to use. Blink Blade, Mandancer, assdancer, which 1 put out highest dps with PVP gears, and of course with 220 hits as well?
    Obb in the area

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast