+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.6 NB PvE

Default 1.6 NB PvE

With the changes to Blackout, will 51NB be a viable melee spec or will 38 NB still parse higher? Anyone done any testing?

Champion of Telara

36NB should still be slightly better with current gear.

51NB would, in theory, scale better with AP, but more poorly with crit.

51NB would probably win with full orange gear (and the new lesser essences) but purple weapons. 36NB will probably win with orange weapons.

But, they are vaguely close. The bigger question will be a "4x" NB spec that gets Blackout and maybe another point or two, but retains the crit dmg bonus from Assassin.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    36NB should still be slightly better with current gear.

51NB would, in theory, scale better with AP, but more poorly with crit.

51NB would probably win with full orange gear (and the new lesser essences) but purple weapons. 36NB will probably win with orange weapons.

But, they are vaguely close. The bigger question will be a "4x" NB spec that gets Blackout and maybe another point or two, but retains the crit dmg bonus from Assassin.
    49NB 17Sin maybe? This would get most of the Blackout bonus + the 20% crit modifier.

And I presume the alternative is 51NB 10MM 5RS? If you stacked AP?

not unless they make it better than it is currently on the pts

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion of Telara

Yes.

The bottom line is that currently it doesn't make much of a difference one way or the other though -- 36NB is going to perform better for the forseeable future.

They just wanted to nerf NB defensive cooldowns for PvP and somehow wanted to make 51NB's PvE DPS better than "terrible" at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    49NB 17Sin maybe? This would get most of the Blackout bonus + the 20% crit modifier.

alternate would be 51nb/10sin (serrated + puncture)/5rs unfortunately all melee builds require serrated blades to compete. 49nb/17sin will most likely parse much higher than 51nb since the 51nb talent doesnt add any dps at all and 17sin dps increase is gargantuan.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    alternate would be 51nb/10sin (serrated + puncture)/5rs unfortunately all melee builds require serrated blades to compete. 49nb/17sin will most likely parse much higher than 51nb since the 51nb talent doesnt add any dps at all and 17sin dps increase is gargantuan.
    So going by the 49NB 17 Sin build, 1 point in Murderous Intent + Puncture would be better than 2 points Murderous Intent. Most obvious 2 points to exclude in NB would be Dark Containment and only go 1 point in Improved Twilight Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    So going by the 49NB 17 Sin build, 1 point in Murderous Intent + Puncture would be better than 2 points Murderous Intent. Most obvious 2 points to exclude in NB would be Dark Containment and only go 1 point in Improved Twilight Force.
    murderous intent isnt a huge dps boost to nb... it's more a filler point anyways as it only affects white hits, serrated blades and puncture. but yea that's the idea, but id sooner take both points out of imp twilight force and keep the incap, never need a snare anyways...
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Champion of Telara

The 51 NB talent adds what, 600+ times 5 hits and costs 1 GCD.

Other general attacks do like 1100 damage + 600 (1/5 blazing). So it is a minor DPS add. Costs a good chunk of energy though, and since NB/x isn't super flush on e, it does drag slightly. Not a bad burst AOE cooldown once per minute though.

Edit: Does not compare with the crit dmg though, obv.
    Last edited by EasymodeX; 11-01-2011 at 11:10 AM.

I tried 49 NB / 17 AS today when I copied over and pulled a 2640 parse with full bard buffs, Coda of Jeopardy, stones, cupcake, vial, 4 piece plus NB crystal, and Fang of Akylios.

Not bad but I wasn't extremely impressed either.
    Harker - Breaking Bads - Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Harker View Post
    I tried 49 NB / 17 AS today when I copied over and pulled a 2640 parse with full bard buffs, Coda of Jeopardy, stones, cupcake, vial, 4 piece plus NB crystal, and Fang of Akylios.

2640 is actually kind of bad. If you parse that amount under ideal circumstances, it'll really suck in game.

Best I found was 51nb-10mm-5rs but I was hoping something else would be better. 51nb-8assn-7mm parses higher on the dummy, but I don't think it'll scale as well.

One saving grace is the extra damage when a mob is under 30% health, death damage attacks and blazing strike are what gets the boost, so might do decent... without larget crits I'm not sure how it'll do, probably hit 3k on Sicaron or a little more... that's it.

I need to test it more to say for sure, but can't be bothered.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-01-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Rift Master

We'll have to see, it's one of those situations you where your not going to know till it goes live.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Best I found was 51nb-10mm-5rs but I was hoping something else would be better. 51nb-8assn-7mm parses higher on the dummy, but I don't think it'll scale as well.
    10MM + 5RS is actually very bad for scaling. The portion of your damage from the +40% AP you get with that build will not benefit from +AP raid buffs at all. Crit buffs work but the build has no magnify pain so even their effect is not as high as it could be. I think 49/17 NB/Sin will scale the best and if it is doing only 2640 under ideal conditions then it does not predict well for high NB builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Harker View Post

eh? what do you do in other specs? i never parse with debuffs and rarely get over 2100 in any spec so 2640 is a lot, especially considering the 2800-2900 parses on murdantix...

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    eh? what do you do in other specs? i never parse with debuffs and rarely get over 2100 in any spec so 2640 is a lot, especially considering the 2800-2900 parses on murdantix...
    Consider it this way, the only raid buff missing in that mix is the soul drain debuff (usually not applied on that encounter) and some crit buffs. So if it's 2640 on the dummy, given knockbacks, etc... it'll probably be about the same on Murdantix I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    10MM + 5RS is actually very bad for scaling. The portion of your damage from the +40% AP you get with that build will not benefit from +AP raid buffs at all. Crit buffs work but the build has no magnify pain so even their effect is not as high as it could be. I think 49/17 NB/Sin will scale the best and if it is doing only 2640 under ideal conditions then it does not predict well for high NB builds.
    I'm not following on the ap scaling from raid buffs. The way I understood it, 5RS buff is applied as pure stats so all further ap% boosts are based off the 5RS buff, it's just the 25% MM ap buff that's not buffed again.

5RS is like a base stat increase.

Other issue is the 51 NB ability is actually decent. You have to factor in not having it, it's a dps increase to use it single target despite being an aoe attack.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-02-2011 at 04:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast