+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can bards pve solo well???

Telaran

Default Can bards pve solo well???

looking for a change on my rogue since the 30-50 grind is pretty much pve now and no pvp so any ideas on some interesting builds let me know ;).

RIFT Guide Writer

I wouldn't recommend bard for regular pve since the damage output is pretty low. You should only consider using bard if the enemy is hard hitting and you need some healing.

Anyways, if you're looking for a good spec then try to make a combination of the bladedancer & riftstalker tree... Bladedancer provides you with some good damage while riftstalker is keeping you alive and gives you alot of mobility.
    Last edited by Elanael; 11-01-2011 at 08:51 AM.

When I was on PvE server my solo spec was bard/ranger. It was a safety spec that could put out large aoe dps, as well as decent single target, I also used this spec in invasions and 5 man dungeons.
    It looked something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...soVz.yGcf0cksz

People thought I was weird for doing it, but I was good at it. Could solo the open world elites several at a time with ease and no rest. Could solo rifts to the end stages and bonus stages with ease and without rest.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 11-01-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Ascendant

Bard/BD/Sab solo's fine. Elites still give trouble though.

I am not ranked, I don't PvP, I am not guilded, but do participate in events and raid rifts without much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    People thought I was weird for doing it, but I was good at it.
    That's the beauty of this game: crafting your own soul setup that works for you and then kicking arse with it.

Of course, endgame still falls into the minmax trap, IMO.

To the OP you are welcome to use bard ,but it might not be as fast as other options!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Touched

As stated, use a combination of BD/RS and probably assassin for your 3rd soul. Make sure you have enough points into RS so that you get the healing based on unused combo points.

Use the AOE in BD to get a group of mobs low, then find the one that is lowest and kill it with as many combo points on it as possible. Then you get a nice chunk of healing and repeat. I was literally pulling everything in sight doing this and it worked great when I was leveling up. And now, Twin Strike / Compound finisher-thing is better than when I was leveling. It will be a breeze.

+ Reply to Thread