+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Strike Back" Mechanics Question

Default "Strike Back" Mechanics Question

Hello everyone. I'm curious about the Bladedancer ability Strike Back. What I'd like to know is if striking back counts as a "physical ability."

Mother's Broken Heart
    Equip: Grants a chance for your physical abilities to deal an additional 80 to 120 Death damage. This damage generates increased threat.

Is it possible for MBH to proc when Striking Back?

Crustacean Talisman
    Equip: Grants a chance for your physical abilities to reduce your target's Attack Power by 25 for 15 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times and generates significant threat.

Also curious about this one, despite the fact that it says "your target's Attack Power."

If anyone has any information about this, please post. Thank you!

AFAIK, yes it does.

Banned

I use the broken heart on my RS, and I'm fairly certain that I've seen a strike back proc it... Honestly, I don't really pay that much attention to it though other than to make sure its' going off every once in a while . . . so it could just be photoshopic memory

Thank you for the responses!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shorrrt View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm curious about the Bladedancer ability Strike Back. What I'd like to know is if striking back counts as a "physical ability."

Mother's Broken Heart
    Equip: Grants a chance for your physical abilities to deal an additional 80 to 120 Death damage. This damage generates increased threat.

Is it possible for MBH to proc when Striking Back?

Crustacean Talisman
    Equip: Grants a chance for your physical abilities to reduce your target's Attack Power by 25 for 15 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times and generates significant threat.

Also curious about this one, despite the fact that it says "your target's Attack Power."

If anyone has any information about this, please post. Thank you!
    I can't speak for the matron's heart... but I can tell you that Strike Back dow not trigger the crustacean talisman. Or atleast I've never swapped onto a target that had the debuff on it.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Just did some research, and counted 100 Strike Backs. I used these 2 Greaters for testing:

Crystallized Stonesource
    Equip: Damaging abilities have a chance to summon a shield absorbing 15% of all incoming damage up to a total of 270 damage.

Thunderous Stormsource
    Equip: Physical damaging abilities have a chance to increase Attack Power by 21 for 20 seconds.

Over the 100 Strike Backs, there were exactly *zero* procs from either Greater Essence. The proc chance on either of those Greaters when using a spammable ability is much higher than 1% each. I'd say about 15-20%, in fact.

It is my conclusion that Strike Back will *not* activate "on damaging/physical ability" procs.

+ Reply to Thread