+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strafe a dps loss with raid T1 synergy crystal?

Default Strafe a dps loss with raid T1 synergy crystal?

I apologize for the lack of parse screenshots, but with 3 separate 5 minute parses adding strafe with quick reload CDs, and then 3 separate parses just hitting instant Empowered Shots and bullseye CDs, I came up with a 30-40 point dps loss.

Obviously this post is not for you super geared HK guys, but has anyone else in their Durnes' T1 raid gear found the same result?

AP around 840 with capped crit. Is it simply a question of boosting AP, or will the ES rotation only experience the same benefit, therefore making the rotation superior regardless of the stats?

The spec is 51mm/15rng cookie cutter.
    Tetsusaiga
    Faeblight
    GM of Antioch

with t1 bonus strafe should be a considering dps gain, if it's not, ur rotation with it is wrong. with 4pc hk it still parses better for me, the 2 extra EM procs i get by going QS/SS spam still ends up being less than the 5 separate hits of strafe, this is weird but it just ended up that way for me, ofc i was only doing 5-6min parses and rng could be involved, but most fights aren't much longer than that so i feel it's long enough. my strafe crits for 300pts more than my quick shot, but the real reason i use strafe is the fact that u dont lose any dps while movement when it is toggled, i always try to use it right before a movement phase so i dont lose any dps.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I was baffled at the parses.

opening Rotation is thus:
    Shadow Fire>ES>Crippling
    RFS
    Strafe
    Bullseye>Deadeye
    <Quick Reload>
    Strafe
    RFS
    Shadow Fire>ES>Crippling
    Bullseye>Deadeye

General Rotation is thus:

<main macro>
    instant ES
    Crippling Shot
    piercing shot
    Quick shot
    <finisher macro>
    (either RFS or Deadeye, hasted only if moving is absolutely necessary and RFS in on CD)

Shadow fire and strafe are then mixed in when off CD.
    Mixing in Strafe in resulted in aforementioned dps loss. I'm baffled, as I said.

Is my rotation bad?
    Last edited by Xeorymer; 10-31-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Tetsusaiga
    Faeblight
    GM of Antioch

Telaran

I run a slightly different spec than most and I use Head Shot after I build to 5cp the first time and then whenever Strafe is off CD. I use HS immediately followed by Strafe to build back up for a MM finisher (so my Empowered is instant cast). This is a dps gain over using Empowered at full cast.

So my rotation looks like:

Quick Shot > Shadow Fire > Crippling Shot > Quick Shot > Head Shot > Strafe > Rapid Fire Shot

then into my normal rotation of Quick > Empowered > CP Macro > Finish Macro

yes, u dont use headshot, u have piercing shot as a talent and ability, and u dont use QS near enough...

there is no reason to use strafe if ur not using headshot, none whatsoever.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

Even if Strafe is a DPS loss it still has uses. Running to melee range on Uruluuk while somebody is crystaled, for example.

I use 2 macros... one with ES in and one without for cp build. Reason being that the cast time is slower when using ES without the proc for instant. So rotation would look like:

SF>CB No ES till 5>RFS>Strafe>Headshot>CB ES till 5>Dead Eye>QR>Strafe>RFS etc.
    Last edited by Swinn; 11-01-2011 at 02:00 AM.
    Malumvomica <The Fabled> Rogue DPS
    DH 4/4 GP 4/4 GSB 5/5 ROS Conq HK 4/11 RoTP 4/4

Try doing a 4 point strafe and get your 5th combopoint with a quick shot, iirc it's a small dps gain, at least on the dummies because of the extra damage from electrified munitions. I don't know if this is still the case for 1.6 when the first bleed tick from imp quick shot won't proc EM anymore. I'm not sure if this only counts if you have the MM 4 set HK crystal
    Last edited by Pendu; 11-01-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

+ Reply to Thread