+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raiding as a Bard - itemisation?

Default Raiding as a Bard - itemisation?

I have some questions about optimal itemisation of Bard for raiding.

Since none of bards spells can miss i assume i can just ignore Hit, right?
    If it is so PvP gear seems better than standard dps PvE one.
    Besides that:
    What should i aim at then? AP or crit?
    What kind of waepon dps affects Cadence damage?
    Should i use greater essences that gant shield and healing procs?

Thx in advance for all clarifications

Banned

I just use my regular DPS set of gear.

For a trinket I use the Sacred Heirloom of Eth.

For my greaters I use one shielding and one HOT, though I'm trying to replace the HOT with the shielding one from the water raid rift, just haven't won a roll yet.

Telaran

Not sure about the weapon damage, but as far as I know you want to stack AP. I personally use my DPS gear set because there is no way I'm going to itemize just for bard, but cadence does more damage with more AP, and cadence heals for 100% damage done, so by that logic you should want AP. Honestly, however, I haven't looked too far into the issue.
    Anok - [Level 50 Rogue]
    Aylan - [Level 20 Cleric]

Hit is optional, but I wouldn't neglect getting hit pieces, because at some point there will be a new, lesser geared rogue and you will be scrambling to figure out if you can eke out 320 hit to go dps after passing on a bunch of hit loot for the rest of the raid (not that I speak from experience).

I personally ran 4-pc P6 w/ the PvP crystal while I was doing GSB/RoS. I now run crafted Deathbringer chest/shoulders (which I had made before) and 4-pc purchased T1 raid (using the MM crystal I had purchased for my dps set, for the AP, until I get a bard crystal).

I use the Alsbeth trinket and two shielding greaters in my sigil, since Cadence/MoR healing seems to be mostly overhealing anyway.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Sword of Telara

If you acknowledge that your role is more about buffing than it is healing I say wear tanking gear. Safer, and you can stay in trouble spots to finish off your cadence before moving out of them.

For a trinket I use the Sacred Heirloom of Eth.

For my greaters I use one shielding and one HOT, though I'm trying to replace the HOT with the shielding one from the water raid rift, just haven't won a roll yet.
    Why change healing one? From what ive heared SHoE can proc from hot tick from essence too.

Hit is optional, but I wouldn't neglect getting hit pieces, because at some point there will be a new, lesser geared rogue and you will be scrambling to figure out if you can eke out 320 hit to go dps after passing on a bunch of hit loot for the rest of the raid (not that I speak from experience).
    Well - i have more than enough hit for state of raiging my guild is in, but someone has to so that bard duty, and i want to do it best way possible so i'm willing to gather different item set.

atm im using 51bard/ns/rs build, but i've also seen 51 bard/15 bd builds that are ment to provide more cadence healing as well as more damage. Anyone tested it? Is it worth a try?

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Can you ignore hit? Cadence can never be blocked, dodged or parried, but you could possibly miss. I've never tried it as I hate barding because I forget to refresh my motifs, but I'll give it a whirl nekkid in a t2 or something to see if I miss.

As far as items, I believe AP is the priority and the weapon damage used is the bow. At least that's what my vague memory of a conversation with the usual bard for my guild says.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zboq View Post
    Why change healing one? From what ive heared SHoE can proc from hot tick from essence too.?
    It does.

The problem is that because I'm trickling heals all the time and with the SHoE firing every few seconds from my motif of Regen it ends up that a lot of my heals are just wasted over heals. The shields are far more efficient except in cases of extreme raid wide damage, in which case I'm probably popping virtuoso anyway so the extra chance of a SHoE proc is far less than the heal spam anyway.

It's really more of a personal preference I think. The shields may be wasted too if the person doesn't take damage, but when they do it's always 100% effective vs the heals maybe hitting them if they have taken damage, but maybe not 100% effective if another healer hit their button first.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 10-31-2011 at 07:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread