+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Don't nerf marksman buff our melee builds

Default Don't nerf marksman buff our melee builds

Title says it all. Marksman is in a good place right now being equal to a little bit behind warriors. What needs to be changed is that our melee builds need to be better than it. This can be fixed by improving the crystals. With the nb dps buffs on the pts this might be enough ,but we will need to test on raid bosses to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Just play MM in melee, nothing needs to change. nothing.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Just play MM in melee, nothing needs to change. nothing.
    OP hates marksman, i love marksman, there is no problem lol.

1 rogue has to melee tho for lethal poisons but until a non blink spec can achieve this lvl of awesome, we will be down in the dumps on 2 fights in HK (grug/aky).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    OP hates marksman, i love marksman, there is no problem lol.

1 rogue has to melee tho for lethal poisons but until a non blink spec can achieve this lvl of awesome, we will be down in the dumps on 2 fights in HK (grug/aky).
    27 sin is alright pre crystals

/agree but I love MM now as much as i hated it before... i wanted a bow shooter now i got one hehehehe so i'm good now.
    Malumvomica <The Fabled> Rogue DPS
    DH 4/4 GP 4/4 GSB 5/5 ROS Conq HK 4/11 RoTP 4/4

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Well, my only concern is that Trion, in all its infinite wisdom, prefers to make sweeping nerfs simultaneously to multiple trees while making one FotM instead of focusing on making marginal changes to fine-tune and balance. And us mere mortals cannot understand why these changes might be entirely driven by PvP QQ about somethings, but I'm sure reliance on anecdotal evidence of being killed by a particular class as conclusive evidence that the class is ridiculously OP is the best course of action.

/sarcasm

Honestly, I'd rather see upward tweaks for other builds instead of nerfs given the way nerfs seem drive a previously capable class into the ground.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    27 sin is alright pre crystals
    unfortunately if we get nerfed it will be for our 4pc set bonuses, not for what 99.99999% of the community will see...

there are still some 4pc build alternatives i just didnt make any 4pc guides (minus the nb/sin one) since no one had 4pc bonuses when 1.5 went live. now that things are live i will have to start all over again with 1.6 specs /cry
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Telaran

I'd like to see them change the 44-point Bladedancer ability to something that increases damage like they did in the NB tree. I know they changed Blackout primarily for pvp reasons but making a similar change to Bladedancer would increase its viability for raids.

Make it similar to magnify pain or increase the number of attacks affected by deadly dance.

It seems for pve dps, they are trying to encourage the use of 51-pt builds. 51 mm, 51 nb with new changes, and 51 blade due to the 4-pc bonus.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Title says it all. Marksman is in a good place right now being equal to a little bit behind warriors. What needs to be changed is that our melee builds need to be better than it. This can be fixed by improving the crystals. With the nb dps buffs on the pts this might be enough ,but we will need to test on raid bosses to find out.
    You should never balance a class/souls with gear. That causes other problems. Nurf the gear if it’s a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarlis View Post
    You should never balance a class/souls with gear. That causes other problems. Nurf the gear if it’s a problem.
    Do you understand how the synergy crystals work?

They are gear that provide class bonuses. If one crystal gives 500 dps and the other gives 10 there is an issue. There is no reason to nerf the 500 dps crystal if that crystal is the only one putting us even with other dps classes. The obvious solution is to improve the other crystals(sab!!!!).

Soulwalker

This is laughable...

Really

Quote Originally Posted by Incisive View Post
    This is laughable...

Really
    how so? It makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran83 View Post
    I'd like to see them change the 44-point Bladedancer ability to something that increases damage like they did in the NB tree. I know they changed Blackout primarily for pvp reasons but making a similar change to Bladedancer would increase its viability for raids.

Make it similar to magnify pain or increase the number of attacks affected by deadly dance.

It seems for pve dps, they are trying to encourage the use of 51-pt builds. 51 mm, 51 nb with new changes, and 51 blade due to the 4-pc bonus.
    lol before they changed contra tempo from giving another combo point to being super ghey like it is now, 51bd was parsing 2700 on dummy without fervor, ppl just dont realize how powerful an abililty that gives an extra cp one very other atk is

basically, any tweaks to BD at the upper end will make 51BD OP, was already a 3600parse with 51bd, it needs some love, but nothing drastic, something as small as increasing the dmg of deadly strike would do the trick, atm it simply does too little damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    lol before they changed contra tempo from giving another combo point to being super ghey like it is now, 51bd was parsing 2700 on dummy without fervor, ppl just dont realize how powerful an abililty that gives an extra cp one very other atk is

basically, any tweaks to BD at the upper end will make 51BD OP, was already a 3600parse with 51bd, it needs some love, but nothing drastic, something as small as increasing the dmg of deadly strike would do the trick, atm it simply does too little damage.
    The change could be similar to what was done to blackout. Something like "Increases the number of attacks affected by deadly dance by 1 and increases physical damage by a x% for every point spent over 44."

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran83 View Post
    The change could be similar to what was done to blackout. Something like "Increases the number of attacks affected by deadly dance by 1 and increases physical damage by a x% for every point spent over 44."
    rofl if you increase # of atks affected by DD then you increase BD dps by 600-800, that's my point, even the small increases to BD due to it's insane scaling will be HUGE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast