+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ailion - Melee Rogue vs Melee Warrior DPS. Please read.

Default Ailion - Melee Rogue vs Melee Warrior DPS. Please read.

You do realize that Melee wise its a pretty tight race these two classes run for DPS right?

What is going to happen when Warriors Melee DPS get adjusted up due to current changes that are waiting to take place?

Not all of us like to ride a crutch and some of us prefer melee rogues over ranged rogues, so why should we be held down because of this?

Can we expect to see Melee Rogue DPS be increased to met Warriors newly found melee DPS that is going to take place in the near future?
    Last edited by Taemek; 10-30-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    You do realize that Melee wise its a pretty tight race these two classes run for DPS right?

What is going to happen when Warriors Melee DPS get adjusted up due to current changes that are waiting to take place?

Not all of us like to ride a crutch and some of us prefer melee rogues over ranged rogues, so why should we be held down because of this?

Can we expect to see Melee Rogue DPS be increased to met Warriors newly found melee DPS that is going to take place in the near future?
    I would hope so, though sometimes it's easier to just nerf a couple souls that are out of line than to buff all the other souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    I would hope so, though sometimes it's easier to just nerf a couple souls that are out of line than to buff all the other souls.
    Agree 100%.

Ascendant

Not tryin to follow you around as I frequent all the forums, but what dps increase are you talking about?There is nothing on the pts indicating we are getting a dps boost. The only thing they have said happening for non tank warriors is they are fixing our bugged energy talent in our tree (nerf), and then fixing energy to be like it is with us using the bugged talent.

I think our other thread and mine and your back and forth bickering has gotten out of control. I do however agree that melee rogues and warriors should stay neck and neck. Anyway man, enjoy your thread.
    Last edited by NJoyTheSilence; 10-30-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

In all likely hoods Trion will nerf rogues. Theirs just too many complaining to ignore and not enough rogues standing up and saying no. Trion really can’t understand that a core 1% is excellent players, and then others are from poor to average. The problem people have is us average players run into a elite or no skill r8 player we die. Then they run to forums and holler and end up cutting rogues dps to make these players happy. This in turn hurts the rest of the player base and one reason all my friends left this game. They hate being the bottom of the food chain, where in every other game there are second or third.

That being said they already made some radical changes to night blade and will hurt its leveling aspect. It was one of the best for its immunity to damage to run away and its 8 second dodge everything was great way to get away with heal was too low. Now Black out does not effect magic and from what I read they are taking it away completely. It is really a shame for rogues who are leveling, as I loved that ability to get away from agro mass mobs.

It also looks like marks men next on the block. That just points to being a fourth class citizens in Trion again. They took away hit and run for the increase to other damage. Now they reducing the other damage back to pre 1.5. Which makes no sense and I will keep reading to see if correct.

That does not help ones that were warrior switching to rougés as they saw some trees that could be exploited to put them on top of the food chain. These exploiters that defected from warriors are also hurting us. They know that once triton nerfs rogues it back to warriors and being on top in their eyes in pvp. As they use this as an excuse to make rogues look bad. The sad thing is these exploiters really don’t have any skill; they just exploit the game to make up for the lack of skill. As warriors are still top dps in PVP and PVE, yet some refuse to except this fact.

Say what you will, but for most part we did not have a exploit problem with rogues and a lot like to use their own build or pigeon hole into a few select builds for raiders. It’s only since last patch that it’s gotten bad. It does make me wonder why, as that usually a warrior player problem and area of expertises. As their trees mix and match a lot better than rogues did before patch 1.5. I can be wrong, but there a ton of post saying we are rolling rogues on forums. Thus, a mystery that needs to be solved.

That why I truly think theirs is no hope for rogues. The other classes don’t want rogues to compete with them. They use terms like all rogues have built in stealth, slip way and that all have supper powers built into the tree with ultra good healing. While I love to see slip away and permanent stealth in all trees for rogues, it just not possible and ruin the game. But from what you read it just that and more. Thus, rogues have no real hope.
    Last edited by youkiddingme; 10-30-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Some melee builds are up there... I can think one of one good one, but I agree some could use a little upwards nudge. Hopefully that's how nightblade turns out, nightblade from how I see it got a pve buff and a pvp nerf.

No matter what's on PTS or has been planned, I think we should keep things to the live version and give feedback on that.

For me, I can't wait until mages are buffed. We'll no longer be fotm when mages are neck and neck with warrior and rogue dps. The warrior QQ against rogues will stop and it'll turn towards mages.

Heaven forbid we play a game where winning isn't based on the character selection screen.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Some melee builds are up there... I can think one of one good one, but I agree some could use a little upwards nudge. Hopefully that's how nightblade turns out, nightblade from how I see it got a pve buff and a pvp nerf.

No matter what's on PTS or has been planned, I think we should keep things to the live version and give feedback on that.

For me, I can't wait until mages are buffed. We'll no longer be fotm when mages are neck and neck with warrior and rogue dps. The warrior QQ against rogues will stop and it'll turn towards mages.

Heaven forbid we play a game where winning isn't based on the character selection screen.
    Wait, we're all playing Torchlight now? That's the only game non-FPS I've played recently that doesn't tie character selection to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by tCOperator View Post
    Wait, we're all playing Torchlight now? That's the only game non-FPS I've played recently that doesn't tie character selection to winning.
    Nah, I'd say warrior vs rogue right now in pve is pretty good. Couple of hundred dps one way or another, who cares.

Anyone remember when the game first started? A fresh 50 warrior who had the hit for T1 raids could outdps a fully geared rogue. That's what I mean.

DPS numbers don't have to be perfect between the callings, but if my gear is better then someone else's I should do more damage, i.e. Voodoo's rogues with the relic better god damn well do more damage then their warriors without the relic, despite warrior QQ... since everyone seems obsessed with their parses I'm using them as an example.

Things between rogues and warriors are pretty good right now.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-31-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Nah, I'd say warrior vs rogue right now in pve is pretty good. Couple of hundred dps one way or another, who cares.

Anyone remember when the game first started? A fresh 50 warrior who had the hit for T1 raids could outdps a fully geared rogue. That's what I mean.

DPS numbers don't have to be perfect between the callings, but if my gear is better then someone else's I should do more damage, i.e. Voodoo's rogues with the relic better god damn well do more damage then their warriors without the relic, despite warrior QQ... since everyone seems obsessed with their parses I'm using them as an example.

my guess is, when rizaz gets the relic polearm he will do 4500dps or something ridiculous since they scale so well :P

ofc 1.6 and a rogue tank would be necessary since no warrior can hold threat against that lol.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Melee should be the same and all between the two classes...... but what are warriors getting? I've seen nothing on the PTS for dps.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Melee should be the same and all between the two classes...... but what are warriors getting? I've seen nothing on the PTS for dps.
    1.6 isnt live, if devs are smart they will do what they did with 1.3 when all the rogues threatened to quit (they gave us a bone) im sure they will do the same to warriors, just 1 small patch that makes them stop complaining for a long time
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

i'm pretty sure just nerfing MM will solve everything

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    i'm pretty sure just nerfing MM will solve everything
    val almost broke 4k this past week on sicaron without relic 2her... we broke 4k with relic gun.. hum... wonder who is going to win once we are all in equal gear... nerfing mm is not the solution. buffing bm/champ/rb/sin/bd/nb/rng is the solution, leaving 38para and mm alone, they are fine. fix warrior crystals, buff clerics, keep mages happy with 1.6 changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    no it really shouldn't

I rolled a rogue cuz I thought I would be stabbing things and doing the most damage. I would have rolled a warrior if there was a big sign that said the stabby guys are just chumps and the big dudes get bigger swords and bigger numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Prophet of Telara

I agree that melee rogues should be equal to melee warriors. I think what most warriors are QQing about is the fact that a ranged class is able to output 200-300 more dps on melee friendly fights with equal gear. Melee should always be greated than ranged on melee friendly fights, currently ranged is better on melee friendly fights and ranged friendly fights(by 200-300).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast