+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Please nerf the MM 4 piece HK

Default Please nerf the MM 4 piece HK

Title says it all. All of the changes made to make multiple rogue builds competitive are negated by one piece of way overpowered gear. Under normal circumstances EM is 25%+ of a Marksman's DPS. A +50% buff to the damage of a skill that makes up such a significant portion of a builds damage is a DPS increase that cannot be touched by any other crystal, not even close.

IMO most of the other crystals are fine, the Sin crystal is very good, and NB crystal makes NB almost competitive, the BD Crystal makes 51 BD almost competitive. Nobody cares about the Ranger crystal lets be honest, and the Sabo crystal's 4 piece is not the problem, the 2 piece is.

The MM 4 piece however makes 51 MM the top DPS spec by hundreds of DPS. Once you get to the point of having 4 pieces of HK gear, the MM crystal is really your only choice if you care about your DPS at all, which lets assume anyone raiding HK enough to get said crystal does. I am not one of the doomsday criers, and i very very rarely advocate nerfs, but this one individual piece of vastly overpowered gear is completely undermining all 1.6 changes and turning 51MM into the new Sabdancer.

Just make it +30% EM damage, still a significant boost, but much more in line with the benefits given by the other HK crystals. This might still keep MM as the top DPS build, but at the very least it wouldn't be so far and away the best that you are gimping yourself if you don't run that build.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

No thank you.

(Gear)

Yeah that doesn't make any sense.

Really what you should be asking for is to bring the other builds up, not to bring marksman down....

Shield of Telara

Enough with the nerf calls, crap I dont even really like Marksman for my rogue, but to ask for a nerf is plain stupid especially when that overpowered item only puts us maybe 5% more than a Warriors dps.

umm you can nerf it if you make the rest better than it

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Well, the thing is the other specs dont need a buff, they are all doing perfectly acceptable DPS, the MM crystal is overpowered, the other crystals are not under powered.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Dislike.

/chars
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Ascendant

lol @ asking rogues to admit something is OP
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    lol @ asking rogues to admit something is OP
    Apparently you are correct. Every rogue knows that the MM crystal is way better than any other crystal we have, in fact it is better than any other DPS crystal in the game, by a significant margin. But the answer is re-do every other crystal to be just as powerful as a crystal that increases the DPS of the classes maximum DPS contributing ability by 50%?

The other crystals are fine, the other specs are fine, and Marksman without the insane bonus from the 4 piece is fine, but the bonus from that crystal is just way too high.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Spec that I don't like to play is higher DPS..

Please nerf it..

I don't care that it benefits my raid by having that DPS..

I want to be the best playing the spec I prefer..

/endthread

Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    Spec that I don't like to play is higher DPS..

Please nerf it..

I don't care that it benefits my raid by having that DPS..

I want to be the best playing the spec I prefer..

/endthread
    Close but it is actually

Spec i don't like to play is far and away the top DPS spec in the game

It is that good because of one specific item that is vastly more powerful than any other item of its kind in the game

Please nerf it.

I want to at least be remotely comparable DPS with any of the countless other specs that are competitive right up until that one individual item comes in to play.

One item should not invalidate every other spec in the game.

Marksman spec is not the issue, a Synergy crystal that gives it an overly powerful DPS increase is.
    Last edited by Gyle; 10-29-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

We have ****loads of viable specs and crystals right now dude, there just happens to be a best. Get over it and play what you like.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 10-29-2011 at 09:08 PM.

(Gear)

Plane Touched

It is not vastly more powerful.

I would say that the Sin 4pc adds as just as much DPS.

The Sabo 4pc adds just as much.

The difference is, MM is already the highest DPS spec. So it just gets better because of it's crystal.

If Sin was doing say 20% more damage then it is now, you'd be crying that it's crystal is OP because the bleeds do so much damage, or wait.. you wouldn't be because you like that spec..

If Sab's 2pc added any damage to charges instead of bombs.. You'd complain about Sabdancer still being too good etc..

MM is fine. The crystal is fine. QQ about something else, like our AoE DPS. Single target is all we have.
    Last edited by Taraern; 10-29-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Banned

Wow so you want to nerf MM then the only fking spec we have is Sabodancer again?

What a god dam r3tard.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 10-29-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Hoko did 2700 dps on Murd this week in some kind of weird *** melee build. He doesn't even have his 4 pc yet, nor do I think he has 2x HK weapons.

I think you haven't picked the right spec.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast