+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tank gear vs dps gear?

Shadowlander

Default tank gear vs dps gear?

Please would someone tell me what the major stat difference is between these 2 sets of gear?

Tank gear: Highest endur, often has dodge or parry. Beyond that shoulder/chest/leg/feet will have toughness.

DPS gear: Highest dex, often has Attack power or crit. Never will have toughness and endur is almost always the lowest stat.

Hope that helps, it's pretty easy to tell them apart.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

Shadowlander

ok thanks. I'm a new lvl 50 and just barely got the stats together to make it into T2 entry. But I am getting some pretty horrendous griping from people - evidently some of my dps armor has tank stats and they will not shut up about my dps & gear - not all 'epic or dps gear'.

Haha - wish they would get over whatever problem they have with my gear/dps so I can get on with playing. I'm going to keep playing to get the plaques for new & improved dps gear but the plaques aren't earned overnight for that gear - takes a very long time.

This is the first time in Rift in playing 3 different classes I've ever seen this kind of thing. Most of the time players are very friendly, helpful and more than willing to play the game and have fun.

Yea people are far too used to having easy rides now days with HK and gsb/ros geared people running t2s out of boredom or for the 1 mark of ascension.

Sorry to hear they are ruining you're experience. A simple rule (but not optimal) is to just wear whichever gear has the highest dex you can get, and to never wear anything that has toughness unless you have nothing else.

Hope you can go back to having fun again
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

ok thanks. I'm a new lvl 50 and just barely got the stats together to make it into T2 entry. But I am getting some pretty horrendous griping from people - evidently some of my dps armor has tank stats and they will not shut up about my dps & gear - not all 'epic or dps gear'.

Haha - wish they would get over whatever problem they have with my gear/dps so I can get on with playing. I'm going to keep playing to get the plaques for new & improved dps gear but the plaques aren't earned overnight for that gear - takes a very long time.

This is the first time in Rift in playing 3 different classes I've ever seen this kind of thing. Most of the time players are very friendly, helpful and more than willing to play the game and have fun.
    One thing I would suggest, if you want to avoid drama - if you're in a group with a rogue tank, and tanking gear drops, consider passing on it for the tank. This isn't a fixed rule, and a lot of people have differing opinions on this. However, some people take very, very unkindly to it, and will shout at you.

I'm not saying where I stand on it, but I have seen tanks rage quit over this. Just be warned. Finally, the crafted sets are pretty good. If you want to get better gear, grind some plat, and have those made. It shows that you're putting the effort in.

Shadowlander

I did have my chest piece crafted however I picked Chestguard of Furious Defense - which has the tanks stats. Which I didn't see a problem with - then. However, now I do lol

I was trying to save up for the T2 gear however I guess I'll go spend that 150 tokens on 3 pieces of lower level stuff to avoid these annoying opinions.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    One thing I would suggest, if you want to avoid drama - if you're in a group with a rogue tank, and tanking gear drops, consider passing on it for the tank. This isn't a fixed rule, and a lot of people have differing opinions on this. However, some people take very, very unkindly to it, and will shout at you.

I'm not saying where I stand on it, but I have seen tanks rage quit over this. Just be warned. Finally, the crafted sets are pretty good. If you want to get better gear, grind some plat, and have those made. It shows that you're putting the effort in.
    passing on anything you can use is just a bad practice. however, if you arent in that role then the better option is to ask if they need it. if it were a tank piece and the tank didnt need it then roll. personally im in full raid gear and everything that drops is meaningless to me in instances. i get ppl asking me all the time when im tanking if i need stuff that drops just for the reason you mentioned (ppl get pissed at them or rage quit, so they dont want to steal something).
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 10-29-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

passing on anything you can use is just a bad practice. however, if you arent in that role then the better option is to ask if they need it.
    Yeah, I meant this, but didn't say it, my bad.

+ Reply to Thread