+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need major advice for majorly lost rogue.

Lam
    Soulwalker

Default Need major advice for majorly lost rogue.

apparently i have no idea what i'm doing. love my cleric to death, but i made a rogue to get a break from having to babysit pug warfronts. made level 50 and pvp rank 2 in like 2 weeks, but i'm still green as grass

spec'd 51 assassin, 10 bard, 5 riftstalker. i didn't follow any guides, advice, anything. just kept spending points in whatever made best "common sense" to me playing a new class. what i've found, and why i'm posting:

1. my spec is actually able to kill elite mobs easier than my cleric with dps spec 'cause i dodge so much. BUT.. when i'm helping a lower level person pve quest, i'm way better on my cleric. cleric is just dot dot dot dot aoe = 10 dead mobs. rogue = running around like a crackhead, struggling to keep the mobs off the noob. noob ends up dying. i obviously don't know how to handle multiple critters on the rogue

2. it's impossible for me to kill people in warfronts as easily as my cleric gets killed by a rogue (so i'm obviously doing something wrong here)

3. i'm not a fan of huge macros. i have like 40 hotkeys set up. i want to know down to a tenth of a second why my toon is using which skill. i don't want to use huge macros and play a class that relies on spamming 2 buttons, so if that's what a rogue really is in this game, someone tell me, so i can shelf the thing. i'm a fan of immersing myself in a game, and if winning the game requires less keystrokes than playing PacMan, i'll go play PacMan

4. i'm NOT going to play an archer in this game. i already know it's going to bore the hell out of me (old Asheron's Call, DAoC vet)

i need to improve everything i'm doing with this toon. please ask, help, tell me to **** away

;)

Rift Chaser

The problem is that you are rank 2 and the majority of people outrank you. This is mostly why you cannot kill anything. Another reason is that you are using 10 in bard over other trees that will give you more dps. Assassin isn't about staying alive, it's about bursting people down and getting out of dodge, so you should aim towards that goal in your points for pvp. Really though, melee is rough at low ranks and I wouldn't even try it till you are rank 4, unless you have some top notch pve weapons.

If you want a solo spec that aoes better, drop points from assassin and pick up the bladedancer aoes, and then put points in riftstalker for rift scavenger so that it heals you on kills. This also gives you a charge and teleport to better get to mobs that may aggro your noob.

As for macros, that is entirely personal choice. If you feel comfortable playing without them, then by all means go for it. I use a couple myself, but you are still going to hit more then 1 button depending on what build you are using.

Lam
    Soulwalker

thank you. that makes good sense

i picked up the bard points for a little utility and convenience (and a few more hitpoints)

Two Things To Make Your Rogue OP:

1. Go NB/RS
    2. Smash buttons on your keyboard randomly and blame your team when u die.

Thank you for reading this guide on How To Make Your Rogue OP, and tell your friends, it's free of charge!
    Last edited by Kamahlen; 10-29-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    Kamahlen - R8 Warrior - 10/11 HK - Icewatch. Shard First Lord of War. Hands-Down Worst Warrior EU.

No clue whatsoever if anything thats mentioned above is actually worth reading anymore, so much has changed in the year i've been gone its like.. whoa...

+ Reply to Thread