+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Say good bye to any chance you ever had of tanking raids...

Ascendant

Default Say good bye to any chance you ever had of tanking raids...

Still waiting for the Riftstalker update that was supposed to happen in 1.5... i mean before 1.6... i mean at 1.6... i mean after 1.6...

Just incase any rogues were still tanking raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Xitan View Post
    Warrior tanks got a huge buff this morning on the PTS.

For any point you spend in any tank tree as a Warrior you get a TON of stats now. These changes are undocumented
    Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post
    The Gift abilities used to only give 0.46% health per point, and they now give 0.76% health, 0.3% physical damage reduction, and 0.38% non-physical damage reduction per point. @66 points this means... 50.16% health, 19.8% physical damage reduction and 25.08% non-physical damage reduction as a baseline for spending all your points in tank souls.

Warlord also has a new 5-pt tier 1 talent that increases all resistances by 10/20/30/40/50. T_T I'm pretty jealous about that.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

I wonder if I can meet the hit/toughness requirements on my lvl 43 warrior alt. Pretty sure he would be a better choice for tanking.
    Officer of Ginnunga.

The Gift abilities used to only give 0.46% health per point, and they now give 0.76% health, 0.3% physical damage reduction, and 0.38% non-physical damage reduction per point. @66 points this means... 50.16% health, 19.8% physical damage reduction and 25.08% non-physical damage reduction as a baseline for spending all your points in tank souls.

Warlord also has a new 5-pt tier 1 talent that increases all resistances by 10/20/30/40/50. T_T I'm pretty jealous about that.
    My understanding of this is that they're trying to equalise mitigation across all four souls. Then, when this is done, they can tweak abilities in the soul trees to bring mitigation back down to where it was.

The idea of this is to make all 4 souls equally viable.

Or that could all be nonsense. I'm not sure.

In any case, I've already cancelled my subscription. Will renew it when Trion stops arsing about with Riftstalker. (So probably never)

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    My understanding of this is that they're trying to equalise mitigation across all four souls. Then, when this is done, they can tweak abilities in the soul trees to bring mitigation back down to where it was.

The idea of this is to make all 4 souls equally viable.

Or that could all be nonsense. I'm not sure.

In any case, I've already cancelled my subscription. Will renew it when Trion stops arsing about with Riftstalker. (So probably never)
    My understanding is that warriors with those gift abilities will tank better than riftstalkers even if the rest of their abilities do absolutely nothing.

My understanding is that warriors with those gift abilities will tank better than riftstalkers even if the rest of their abilities do absolutely nothing.
    Either way. Wait and see. If they're going to change the way warriors get mitigation, they'll do the buffs before the nerfs to stop QQing.

We'll just have to be patient.

So because they are TESTING some changes on a Public TEST server, your claim is that Rogues are now forever ruined as tanks?

Isn't this being just a bit rash?
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiron View Post
    So because they are TESTING some changes on a Public TEST server, your claim is that Rogues are now forever ruined as tanks?

He does seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Gods forbid anybody ever waits until the end of the full PTS cycle, so we actually know what will be bought live, then evaluate it and offer feedback to the devs so that everyone can have their calling brought to some kind of mutually satisfactory state.

Let's face it folks: the devs can't and won't please everyone, and we should all just accept that their going to make changes that please the greatest number of people, because the more people that are not completely pissed about something, the more playable the game remains. The more playable the game remains to the majority, the greater the number of people that will continue paying for subs, and therefore, dev salaries.

TL;DR - If the devs try to please all the people, all of time, no one will be happy, so they're aiming to please some of the people, some of the time. That's the way the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiron View Post

This isn't testing really.

If you follow the War dev posts at all, this is their fix to breaking the massive armor loss from VK. This isn't some experimental new change. This will almost certainly go live.

The War dev even pretty much said it would be live. He stated he knew Wars took a big hit with the VK changes, and they would be addressing the issue and buffing their physical mitigation on the PTS. So this isn't even a surprise.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tCOperator View Post
    He does seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Gods forbid anybody ever waits until the end of the full PTS cycle, so we actually know what will be bought live, then evaluate it and offer feedback to the devs so that everyone can have their calling brought to some kind of mutually satisfactory state.[/B]
    Things are put on the PTS because they want us to give feedback. Not that my feedback is going to change it, but if you want your voice heard on a subject you voice it when it's on PTS. Once it's live, it's too late.

God forbid someone complain about a change that will have a negative effect on their chosen play style! God forbid anyone complain that they didn't get what they were told they were going to get. We were told 1.5, then it was in a patch just after 1.5. Then it was sometime between 1.5 and 1.6. We now have 1.6 on test and haven't even seen a hint of the promised 'looking at Riftstalker'.

We're currently looking at 'maybe' getting our class looked at in 1.7. Thats 2 patches late, and they chose to improve the tank which is already at the top of the totem pole.

I'm seriously not happy about this. Not only did they not give us our cake, they gave it to someone else. Someone who already had a cake. And now we get to sit back and watch the warriors eat 2 cakes.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water? There is no baby! The warriors ate him too!
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    This isn't testing really.

If you follow the War dev posts at all, this is their fix to breaking the massive armor loss from VK. This isn't some experimental new change. This will almost certainly go live.
    While the mechanics are very unlikely to change much, the numbers involved are very much subject to change. The specific goal that Atrius has named is to have warrior tank mitigation roughly at around the 1.5 level, but with more flexibility when it comes to choosing a build. If the initial version has buffed survivability too much (I haven't checked out the PTS myself, so I can't tell), then it will likely be re-adjusted to something closer to current levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Elonie View Post
    While the mechanics are very unlikely to change much, the numbers involved are very much subject to change. The specific goal that Atrius has named is to have warrior tank mitigation roughly at around the 1.5 level, but with more flexibility when it comes to choosing a build. If the initial version has buffed survivability too much (I haven't checked out the PTS myself, so I can't tell), then it will likely be re-adjusted to something closer to current levels.
    This.

The OP failed to mention that they simultaneously nerfed a lot of abilities to compensate. Still some balancing to do on hybrid souls though.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post

I just want to touch on this.

It is most likely that those increments will only be met when x amount of points is met in the soul tree itself. With out seeing the numbers required I am going to assume it is something low, like for every point spent in the tree after 21 or something along those lines, so it would be impossible to get 66 points worth of bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Elonie View Post
    Sorry but if they buff all 3 tank souls to 1.5 VK levels, and offer the buffs offered in Pal and Reaver trees, we're going to have issues in 1.6.

Not that Riftstalker doesn't already have issues.
    Last edited by Hellebron; 10-29-2011 at 06:02 AM.

* Rift Guard: Changed to a passive ability. All Plane Shift abilities and Annihilate trigger Rift Guard, absorbing 15% of all incoming damage for up to 50% of the Rogue's current maximum health. Lasts for 30 seconds.

Where is this? Because on the PTS Rift Guard, the tool tip, states that Guarded Steel triggers it. Typo?

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-29-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    This.

The OP failed to mention that they simultaneously nerfed a lot of abilities to compensate. Still some balancing to do on hybrid souls though.
    No what some people have failed to mention is that ALL Warrior tank souls will tank like 51 VK's on live with these changes, with plenty of feedback and number adjustments.

But when it comes to Riftstalker mitigation to bring us up to par with VK's all I hear are the crickets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast