+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muffin911

Thread: HK - Preferred builds fight-by-fight?

Default HK - Preferred builds fight-by-fight?

Just wondering what everyone is running on what bosses and what the optimal specs are for each?

Currently I'm 51MM most of the time, except on Murdantix (because we have too many ranged and they can't manage to not stand on top of each other) where I go 36NB, and Matron where I usually get stuck on tome-clicking duty so it's irrelevant. And Estrode, but that doesn't count.

We're about to start on Grugonim and then hopefully go upstairs, and I have no idea what builds to use... Does MM still work (in which case I'll probably use the ranger greater in a water resist sigil) or is a melee spec preferred on any or all of the remaining fights? And are there any other fights where there's a better build to use?

Right now it depends on the player, we generally run with 5 rogues per raid.

One rogue tanks (only when you need 3 tanks, otherwise MM), one's a bard, 2 play MM and one Blink-Sin variant.

MM and Blink are all relatively close in dps. Despite what's highest, imo you still should go with 1 rogue as sin for the lethal poison raid debuff.

I play MM on every encounter. If I had to play melee... I'd play MM-Sin in melee range. I tried NB before quite a bit, found it underperformed.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-29-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Murdantix- Marksman in melee range
    Matron- Marksman
    Sicaron- Marksman
    Molinar- Marksman
    Estrode- 51BD
    Zilas- Marksman
    Vlad- Marksman
    Grugo- Marksman
    Garau- Marksman
    Darktide- Marksman
    Akylios- Marksman

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Murdantix- Marksman in melee range
    Matron- Marksman
    Sicaron- Marksman
    Molinar- Marksman
    Estrode- 51BD
    Zilas- Marksman
    Vlad- Marksman
    Grugo- Marksman
    Garau- Marksman
    Darktide- Marksman
    Akylios- Marksman
    This is probably the standard answer... man, thinking about it 51BD would be better then 46 sab for estrode. Wow, sab has been so gutted there really is 0 reason to ever spec it... anyways.

MM crystal is a proven commodity. Most players will only have 1, possibly 2 of them. You won't see diversity until you're able to buy them for inscribeds. Since MM is versatile and proven, there's no reason to ever buy anything else.

RIFT Guide Writer

Riftstalker every fight all you need.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-29-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    MM crystal is a proven commodity. Most players will only have 1, possibly 2 of them. You won't see diversity until you're able to buy them for inscribeds. Since MM is versatile and proven, there's no reason to ever buy anything else.
    I'm nowhere near having enough HK gear yet to replace my 4pc T1 bonus, so this isn;t so much of an issue... but if MM is viable on the rest of the bosses I guess I'll stick with it.

And how does 51BD work on Estrode, I thought it was preferred to stay Sab and keep out of melee range?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    This is probably the standard answer... man, thinking about it 51BD would be better then 46 sab for estrode. Wow, sab has been so gutted there really is 0 reason to ever spec it... anyways.

You can already buy them for inscribed, crystals are common now.
    Also for 51BD, it's a lot less safe to use than sabo for estrode. For example, if you get MC'd before you do a full cycle of CDs once, she'll probably use all of them and you'll be screwed on DPS for a while, you also don't have a ranged attack during dancing steel, and you give her 3 second immunities out the ***.
    My guild actually had 2 (me and another) 51BD/10ass/5RS on estrode this week, the immunities were a huge pita.

Thinking about making the spec 51/10/5 bd/***/sabo to get the RS out of it.

I'm nowhere near having enough HK gear yet to replace my 4pc T1 bonus, so this isn;t so much of an issue... but if MM is viable on the rest of the bosses I guess I'll stick with it.

And how does 51BD work on Estrode, I thought it was preferred to stay Sab and keep out of melee range?
    Depends on how your guild does it, for mine, we just have people run out of dancing steel and don't use any riftblade warriors, and rely on quick purges to save us from 1 shot impales and titan's strikes.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 10-29-2011 at 05:28 AM.

(Gear)

General of Telara

Murd/Estrode ~ Sabdancer
    Everything Else ~ MM

Kinda sad I immediately bought the BD and Sin synergy crystals after the update lol, should've bought the Sab one!

Plane Touched

I use sabdancer for grug (matron, sic, zilas, and estrode also) and stay ahead of the MM rogues by about 50-100 dps. They beat me by about the same on zilas and matron though. I use BD T1 synergy crystal and time my shrapnel charges perfectly for adds. Also I feel that having one sabdancer still in the raid helps a lot for bosses with adds using well timed incriminates.

Murdantix- Marksman/ranger
    Matron- Marksman/ranger
    Sicaron- Marksman/ranger
    Molinar- Marksman/assasin
    Estrode- 46sab
    Zilas- Marksman/ranger
    Vlad- Marksman/ranger
    Grugo- Marksman/assasin
    Garau- Marksman/ranger
    Darktide- Marksman/ranger
    Akylios- Marksman/assasin

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Murdantix - Asstalker
    Zilas - Asstalker for Mages, 51 MM for Ghosts
    Matron - 46 Sabo
    Estrode - 46 Sabo
    Grug - 51 MM
    Vlad - Asstalker
    Sicaron - Asstalker
    Molinar - 51 MM
    Garu - Blink-Blade
    Darktide - Blink-Blade or 51 MM

I hate Marksman with a passion though and will take any excuse i can to melee. Without the 4 piece HK crystal both Blink-Blade and Asstalker can out DPS MM on Sicaron, Murdantix, and Vlad. Blink Blade is awesome on Garu because of all the gap closers, MM is probably better but as stated above, i hate the spec.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Default Please nerf the MM 4 piece HK

wow, wrong spot
    Last edited by Gyle; 10-29-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

RIFT Guide Writer

It's Bloodstalker, and 51 MM is better for Soul Render. Also, I think 51 BD or an NB build is better for Grug than 51 MM. Fair amount of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    It's Bloodstalker, and 51 MM is better for Soul Render. Also, I think 51 BD or an NB build is better for Grug than 51 MM. Fair amount of movement.
    I know its Bloodstalker, but every time i say that someone says "you mean that Asstalker build?" So i have just given up. NB would be better from Grug probably, but i dont have the crystal, so MM is better for me atm. As well on Zilas, MM is great, but leaving fresh Bleed's up on the mages can make a big difference during kite phases, and i like to watch them walk off like they are all good and drop dead a few paces later while im busy running in a circle.

MM will put up much better numbers on that fight, but numbers could not be less relevant on Zilas IMO.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread