+ Reply to Thread

Thread: seriously annoyed

Default seriously annoyed

So one of our two clerics who run ~icar/dps or other dps specs (the build with the fears that can keep a mob on lock down indefinitely and take it for walks if they felt like it) was missing from our HK raid last night leaving me (as a bard) to try and CC the mobs that use the ranger aoe's (usually a dwarf with a rifle).
    The ability (unsure of the name, the one that hurts..REALLY bad) was being cast through my mez, meaning, I see the icon for my mez on the mob, with a remainder of ehh.. 3-4 seconds left on it and the mob casts the ability I'm trying to prevent.
    Yes, the mob was out of the dps aoe range and far enough away from the rest of the pack that the aoes would not have reached him.
    After the third of such a cast I decide to just spam cast mez and do nothing else, and even while I am spam casting with every GCD the I am watching the mob continue to cast the ability with my mez icon CLEARLY on him with a substantial amount of time left.
    Now, I understand there are no diminishing returns on cc's in PvE, so it isn't that. Why was he able to cast anything at all while mezzed?

Is this broken, or just proof of yet another useless bard ability?

Sword of Telara

Maybe try stun-locking it with Sab?

I'm not in HK, so ignore this if it's completely unviable.

Ascendant

I see this kind of bug in pvp all the time. If you sap and I believe mez someone who is drinking, they willbe mezzed but continue to heal. This bug has been around since release.

Only way I know how to break it is with a stun.

Terror Bombardment cant be stopped with Mez. They have to be squirreled. Maybe fear works, but Mez doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Terror Bombardment cant be stopped with Mez. They have to be squirreled. Maybe fear works, but Mez doesnt.
    Nor does Rift Prison.

Spam sheep five!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Spam sheep five!!!!
    I thought you squirrel four and sapped five!?

I thought you squirrel four and sapped five!?
    No no no you MEZ 5, but you Squirrel 4.... c'mon this is basic stuff guys!

Rift Disciple

we play pingpong with them. the tank pull them with an ability that lets them fly through the air and we marksmen kick them so they go flying again. thats enough interrupt to this bombardment.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Thank you. That is the ability, and very good to know, I will tell my raid leader he is a moron and a do*chebag for blaming me, I'm sure that'll make him giggle.
    Fear does work, those clerics who are so adamant that they have no utility can keep them on lockdown indefinitely. Like I said before, ours like to take his little "pets" for walks.
    /grrrr f*cking men.

Yet another useless bard ability. How quaint.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 10-28-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    Thank you. That is the ability, and very good to know, I will tell my raid leader he is a moron and a do*chebag for blaming me, I'm sure that'll make him giggle.
    Fear does work, those clerics who are so adamant that they have no utility can keep them on lockdown indefinitely. Like I said before, ours like to take his little "pets" for walks.
    /grrrr f*cking men.

Yet another useless bard ability. How quaint.
    The mez icon also seems to show up when it's not actually doing anything. I remember trying to mez/interrupt the big fairy who heals right before Eliam in RDx back in the day with it. The icon would show up, it would count down, but the mob was completely unaffected.

Koe

Our Mez does work, it just doesn't make the mob move so it doesn't cancel casts. They can cast through squirrel and fear sometimes if their movement is prevented.

Also, if anyone needs to do the epic saga quest still, bring a warrior with WotM for the first mob, have him solo it. Second mob, just make sure to have the foothold thingy mezzed at the end of the cast and it will interrupt.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    No no no you MEZ 5, but you Squirrel 4.... c'mon this is basic stuff guys!
    People use sap in raids?

Best to chain squirrel and burn him.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-28-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Our Mez does work, it just doesn't make the mob move so it doesn't cancel casts. They can cast through squirrel and fear sometimes if their movement is prevented.

Also, if anyone needs to do the epic saga quest still, bring a warrior with WotM for the first mob, have him solo it. Second mob, just make sure to have the foothold thingy mezzed at the end of the cast and it will interrupt.
    The whole point of CC, including our mez, is to control the mob so they don't do/cast anything. Why do they have to be moving for them to not be able to cast anything? Seems pointless to me if mez doesn't prevent anything because the mob isn't moving.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 10-29-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Spam sheep five!!!!
    Isn't that the band with that new song 'I drink Jaeger'?

+ Reply to Thread