+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 164
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: NB/RS heavy rogue builds - excessively overpowered.

  1. #121
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Dueled a cleric a few times today as nb/rs. Guess how many times I won? ZERO.

    We are both rank 8 so it's not the gear difference. I consider myself a half way decent rogue and used all my damage reduction cooldowns. Still no clue how this spec can kill a cleric guys please help.
    I've had the same problem, except I think the cleirc I fought is in partial P7 and partial pP8 gear, and he came after me when he was at half heatlh and still one. Mind you, I was just finishing a zone event, and running my pvp MM, but I simply could not hit him hard enough to DO anything, and he was pounding me like a punching bag from my max range.

    NB/RS isn't the only 'unkillable' combo out there that has enough dps to slap most anything out, it's just the most obvious one, usually. I can kite and kill most NB/RS rogues, because most of the people playing it aren't the 2% of good rogue players; hell, I'm pretty sure I'm not in the 2% of 'good rogues'.

  2. #122
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    if a cleric is specced defensifly a roque cant win against him. Though that is a pure solo specced, in warfronts any decent roque will just ignore those clerics. Same goes with warriors, if specced right roque cant win 1on1.

    this makes me believe roque is by far NOT op. He is well balanced and plays his role as dpser well. People just have to adapt to roques being a threat cause we had a long winter sleep ^^
    Last edited by Antigonos; 11-08-2011 at 05:53 AM.

  3. #123
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Its an unbelievable premise because it actually is impossible. NB/RS can't kill a p8 of any soul in the game in <10 seconds. I'm not saying that its not overpowered, but people are grossly exaggerating the damage the spec puts out
    It's likely not possible for someone rolling around in P8 gear because they get a pretty health end/health boost from P6-P8, sure. I mean you can tell who is and isn't P8 and/or sigil'd up running this spec by the 2k-3k health difference. You can't say it's impossible, though. Not everyone is P8.

    Also, just so we're clear, I'm not the poster you were originally responding to. At no point have I ever said anything different than what I said in the posts you're quoting. Another 10% mitigation might have gotten me another GCD.

    The qq is still unfounded in group play, but entirely valid in small-scale.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-08-2011 at 06:01 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  4. #124
    Ascendant Archemys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moebro View Post
    Again I witnessed a single NB/RS build guy taking on 4-5 people. As he 'worked' on each one, eventually they started to fall one by one. I joined the fray, and was bursted in a few seconds (capped valor too) by the guy who then returned back on to the others. I purged him, but he just reapplied the buffs and resumed the battle.

    This build is the new "FOTM" for bad players, it's akin to 'cheating' right now in my opinion. RS shouldn't be able to be combined with excessively high damage builds, the real RS skills need to be moved higher in the tree to prevent these builds.

    It's just way overpowered.
    That doesn't compare to cheating like double ticking Devouring Shadows. That's actually an exploit that puts out huge damage.

    RS/NB works as intended.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

  5. #125
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tCOperator View Post
    I can kite and kill most NB/RS rogues, because most of the people playing it aren't the 2% of good rogue players; hell, I'm pretty sure I'm not in the 2% of 'good rogues'.
    U can't kite good NB/RS ) 4 blinks on 25s CD so that's 1 blink every 7-8 sec.

  6. #126
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    i srsly hope all u crybabies stay with rift at 15th of dec...

    'awmahgawd i got pwned by a rogue! how can that happen?!? I'M DA BEST PLAYA IN DA WORLD!!! to the forums!!!'

    ******s.
    Last edited by norgor; 11-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.

  7. #127
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    You realy should read more or you end up looking silly like now.
    On block trinkets are now also on deflect so useable by rogues
    You take a 30% damage reduction to get deflect no one in their right mind is running in guardian phase for deflect in pvp and takign a 30% damage debuff on self

    The Rogue enters a guardian phase, increasing Armor Value by 50%, all Resistances by 50, threat generation by 200%, Endurance by 30% and decreasing damage caused by 30%.

    You have to have Guardian phase on to get deflect. Once again misinformation about deflect and how godly we are in pvp running it while taking a 30% damage reduction yea I think you guys lost your mind

  8. #128
    Rift Disciple Xahz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    NB/RS depends a lot on the situation but those situations are so specific that I no longer keep the build. What I mean is it's not a good dueling build and it's not a good build for fighting in larger groups either. It's a spec that shines more than others in this little niche of small group fighting and CD dumping against offensive and/or CC dependent specs. I just don't have room for something that's worse in group fighting than MM and worse in world PvP than sin/rs or sin/rs/bd.
    Wait what? NB/RS is a fantastic dueling build and probably the best group fighting spec we have. If by "large group fighting" you mean "spamming AoE fighting" than yea, MM is a better bet, but that rarely ever happens outside of Scion or zone events. How is NB/RS worse in World PvP in any way compared to Sin/RS besides the lack of perma-stealth?

    My take on things: NB/RS is an extremely powerful and versatile build with certain specific weaknesses; mainly that its susceptible to purges and doesn't put out nearly as much burst as MM or Sin does. You have to understand that part of the reason NB/RS is so popular is because NB really doesn't synergize with almost any other Rogue tree. Sin, BD, MM - they all have a host of talents that focus on increasing physical damage. They also have a lot of abilities that overlap or overwrite each other. RS gives GENERAL survivability increases and GENERAL damage buffs, its the perfect compliment to almost any Rogue spec. NB/RS maintains its popularity because it has a lot of crutches for lesser geared players (or "bads" if you want to go that route) to rely on. Almost every other rogue spec dies instantly the second someone sneezes on them, but NB/RS can take a beating and still help a lower-ranked player feel like they're being useful. Its a fun spec for them because they can actually play the game as a melee rogue as opposed to guarding the graveyard.

    Hate on it if you want, but Rogues have a severe lack of viable melee builds at the moment; mostly stemming from Bladedancer being almost entirely garbage. For people like me who enjoy playing a melee spec, we're going to abuse NB/RS because its one of the only viable options we have.
    Last edited by Xahz; 11-08-2011 at 09:34 AM.

  9. #129
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    It seems as thought 51mm/15sin would be able to kill that "solo spec'd cleric" if anything could, gear and skill level being equal, simply from the purges,silence on interrupt and massive damage with STM and VE, especially getting a stealth opener on him.

  10. #130
    Rift Disciple Xahz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavory View Post
    It seems as thought 51mm/15sin would be able to kill that "solo spec'd cleric" if anything could, gear and skill level being equal, simply from the purges,silence on interrupt and massive damage with STM and VE, especially getting a stealth opener on him.
    Not even close. You can't Eradicate their buffs faster than they can reapply them because you can Dodge/Parry Eradicate. Not to mention spamming purges does absolutely no damage, giving them plenty of time to heal themselves.

    You can't burst down someone with avoidance that high - no matter what your spec is.

  11. #131
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Wait what? NB/RS is a fantastic dueling build and probably the best group fighting spec we have. If by "large group fighting" you mean "spamming AoE fighting" than yea, MM is a better bet, but that rarely ever happens outside of Scion or zone events. How is NB/RS worse in World PvP in any way compared to Sin/RS besides the lack of perma-stealth?

    My take on things: NB/RS is an extremely powerful and versatile build with certain specific weaknesses; mainly that its susceptible to purges and doesn't put out nearly as much burst as MM or Sin does. You have to understand that part of the reason NB/RS is so popular is because NB really doesn't synergize with almost any other Rogue tree. Sin, BD, MM - they all have a host of talents that focus on increasing physical damage. They also have a lot of abilities that overlap or overwrite each other. RS gives GENERAL survivability increases and GENERAL damage buffs, its the perfect compliment to almost any Rogue spec. NB/RS maintains its popularity because it has a lot of crutches for lesser geared players (or "bads" if you want to go that route) to rely on. Almost every other rogue spec dies instantly the second someone sneezes on them, but NB/RS can take a beating and still help a lower-ranked player feel like they're being useful. Its a fun spec for them because they can actually play the game as a melee rogue as opposed to guarding the graveyard.

    Hate on it if you want, but Rogues have a severe lack of viable melee builds at the moment; mostly stemming from Bladedancer being almost entirely garbage. For people like me who enjoy playing a melee spec, we're going to abuse NB/RS because its one of the only viable options we have.
    NB synergizes with all the trees except maybe tank role (it does synergize with the tree, just not with tanking), as all the trees have combo point generating abilities and finishers.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 11-08-2011 at 10:20 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

  12. #132
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    LOLOL i love when trolls pretend to be rogues vigorously stating "this spec is so op I WILL NOT PLAY IT" get caught...makes my day.

    dont worry MOe, you may have a chance come 1.6 with blackout being removed, though somehow i doubt it.

  13. #133
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavory View Post
    It seems as thought 51mm/15sin would be able to kill that "solo spec'd cleric" if anything could, gear and skill level being equal, simply from the purges,silence on interrupt and massive damage with STM and VE, especially getting a stealth opener on him.
    The only way a marksman is going to kill a cleric is if he can keep him in that "Magic" 5m range between 35-30m. This requires a flat open ground with no objects for the cleric to LoS. If the cleric can LoS even once he full heals and its a stale mate. If you go in close to break LoS because hes circling around the object the mm will lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  14. #134
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    if a cleric is specced defensifly a roque cant win against him. Though that is a pure solo specced, in warfronts any decent roque will just ignore those clerics. Same goes with warriors, if specced right roque cant win 1on1.

    this makes me believe roque is by far NOT op. He is well balanced and plays his role as dpser well. People just have to adapt to roques being a threat cause we had a long winter sleep ^^

    Yet we are still being nerfed (after finally being balanced lol) because baddies complain and whine whilst sucking there thumbs

    BTW zyz love the avatar......a rogue who loves SW just like me.
    Last edited by Arkkhan; 11-08-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Fakrahasid-R4 rogue Byriel
    Synphanie-R3 Mage Byriel

  15. #135
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Wait what? NB/RS is a fantastic dueling build and probably the best group fighting spec we have. If by "large group fighting" you mean "spamming AoE fighting" than yea, MM is a better bet, but that rarely ever happens outside of Scion or zone events. How is NB/RS worse in World PvP in any way compared to Sin/RS besides the lack of perma-stealth?
    It has much lower damage, has a longer buildup to deal that damage, relies on cool downs and taking yourself out of a fight with plane shifts for surviving, and as you mentioned, is very susceptible to purge.

    By large group fighting I absolutely mean spamming AoE. I also mean more single target damage with less buildup, less dependence on CDs for constant fighting (which isn't limited to Scion or events as you may suggest but it will also very depending on what server people play on), and has much more ease in target switching (not to mention players won't immediately notice you doing so if you're using a gun).

    As for world PvP, off the top of my head NB/RS struggles against tank builds with purge and mirror, chlorolocks, sin/rs, sin/rs/bd, and just about any cleric dueling build. I also fight against NB/RS more than anything now and it's always the same story: they take awhile to kill when their CDs are up but don't deal enough damage to kill me in any of my PvP specs other than MM (which was pretty good before NB/RS users started dropping blackout for shadow warp and running the buffed up guardian phase). Someone before me even mentioned beating NB/RS with his rogue PvE spec so I know I'm not the only one.

    NB/RS is a neat spec and every rogue should try it but it's no world beater.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts