+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plane Shifting damage bubble

Champion

Default Plane Shifting damage bubble

I have noticed this the past few days, and I'm not sure there is a problem (my guess is working as intended) but thought I would get some others thoughts on this.

I primarily play 34 Assassin 32 Riftstalker as it best fits my play style. I like to kill most things I come across just for the drops and XP, but sometimes, if I'm in a hurry will stealth up just before hitting the mobs. Once stealthed, and since I'm usually in a hurry, I hit planar shift to get past the mobs faster. Once past them I unstealth and remount and am on my way.

With the recent changes to riftstalker, once I hit planar shift I have a damage bubble around me that deals damage to adjacent enemies. So, even stealthed, mobs take damage and attack you which than takes you out of stealth. It also has pretty good range and in a lot of places with tight mob placement it gets fun quick.

If I was the guardian I was behind yesterday, I would of laughed at me too, since I hit planar shift to get in range and the bubble hit a wolf (who than hit me and popped me out of stealth). So a surprise attack turned out to be funny as hell as it turned into a 3 on 1. Two guardians and 1 wolf. At least the wolf died too.

Should the damage bubble affect adjacent mobs while stealthed? I'm on the fence about this, since it does give non-stealth toons a slightly better chance, especially if your stalker is my dumb ***.

Thoughts?

Maybe Trion should make Planar Vortex active only when not stealthed.

RIFT Guide Writer

Don't be in Guardian Phase while Stealthed?
    It doesn't activate a damage aura from Stalker Phase.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    Don't be in Guardian Phase while Stealthed?
    It doesn't activate a damage aura from Stalker Phase.
    I didn't even realize I had changed which one is normally up. Yep, that was it.

+ Reply to Thread