+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mmmm. 32mm/22rs/12rng viable for pvp ?

Soulwalker

Default mmmm. 32mm/22rs/12rng viable for pvp ?

Hello.
    I am fairly new to rift, and atm i am lvl 36 lving up only in Wf.
    I have a few questions about this specc, i had hoped to run once i get to lvl 50 in a years time or so
    This is thought of as an, on the move specc, meaning i have left out all still standing abilities and tried to go heavy in survivability.

Specc looks like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VcLhhMoo.VGo0z

so a few questions:
    1: Does the dmg reduction from Rs and RNG stack, so that i actually have 12% dmg reduction?

2: Is Piercing shot worth having, with Penetrating shot, and Rendering munition. I mean if i hit, say a warrior with Piercing shot, would Penetrating shot ignore 25% of his new armor value ? and does Rendering munition and Penetrating Shot allow me to bypass 50% of my targets armor?

3: Should i pick up Rift Guard instead of Hasted time, and hit that when and If i get in melee. (This is thought of as a kiter specc, which suits my play style well)?

4: Will i need (or miss) break Free from INF, when i have both shadow stalk and getaway ?

5: will my dmg be enough to actually kill anything other than a half dead mage ?

6: Should i go with Boosted recovery instead of Great fortitude and does it also boost Rift Scavanger ?

Thank you in advance for your feed back.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ailing View Post
    Hello.
    I am fairly new to rift, and atm i am lvl 36 lving up only in Wf.
    I have a few questions about this specc, i had hoped to run once i get to lvl 50 in a years time or so
    This is thought of as an, on the move specc, meaning i have left out all still standing abilities and tried to go heavy in survivability.

Specc looks like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VcLhhMoo.VGo0z

so a few questions:
    1: Does the dmg reduction from Rs and RNG stack, so that i actually have 12% dmg reduction?

2: Is Piercing shot worth having, with Penetrating shot, and Rendering munition. I mean if i hit, say a warrior with Piercing shot, would Penetrating shot ignore 25% of his new armor value ? and does Rendering munition and Penetrating Shot allow me to bypass 50% of my targets armor?

3: Should i pick up Rift Guard instead of Hasted time, and hit that when and If i get in melee. (This is thought of as a kiter specc, which suits my play style well)?

4: Will i need (or miss) break Free from INF, when i have both shadow stalk and getaway ?

5: will my dmg be enough to actually kill anything other than a half dead mage ?

6: Should i go with Boosted recovery instead of Great fortitude and does it also boost Rift Scavanger ?

Thank you in advance for your feed back.
    1. Yes they are additive, See http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...lation-12.html
    2. Rendering and Penetrating stack but I don't know if it is additive or multiplicative. Piercing shot is a flat amount. Piercing shot with 1 pt is a waste of a GCD.
    3. No, use rift barrier for dmg reduction. there are better uses for the hasted time pt though.
    4. You shouldn't need break free. Shadow stalk is on a 25 sec timer in your build
    5. Nope. You're bypassing damage talents for survivability
    6. Boosted recovery is multiplicative ( this was tested don't have the link). So a 30% heal (5 points rift scavenger) is increased to 31.8%. Great fortitude is better.

Some things to consider
    - I know you want to be mobile but the 1st point in master archer with 32 pts in MM gives you 13% dmg when still. I'd learn to stop quickly on finishers.
    - You didn't take ruthless stalker (15% crit after shifting for 3 pts). You have points in fortitude, hasted time and bolster that would be better used here.

Sword of Telara

You'd be missing out on Shadow Fire, which is something I try to always have on CD.

Xsi

You are at level 36. You'll want to test many PvP playstyles long before specs. The main issue with the spec is Eradicate is such an extremely powerful tool (especially for low rank 50s) and adds far more to the success of the team than damage output for that lower rank.

I would assume the intent of the build is to add survivability while adding Vamp Munitions heal debuff coupled with Eradicate purge but you are missing one of the key talents. Nothing will die quickly with this build - it's a tradeoff. Going Sin in lieu of RS will add far more damage (and more important, stealth so you hopefully won't be the first targeted) and Sin also adds the extra CC breaker and a melee stun/blinding powder (depending on spec).
    Last edited by Xsi; 10-28-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    You are at level 36. You'll want to test many PvP playstyles long before specs. The main issue with the spec is Eradicate is such an extremely powerful tool (especially for low rank 50s) and adds far more to the success of the team than damage output for lower rank.

I would assume the intent of the build is to add survivability while adding Vamp Munitions heal debuff coupled with Eradicate purge but you are missing one of the key talents. Nothing will die quickly with this build - it's a tradeoff.
    Listen to this man. It's simple math.

If an enemy has a HoT on them that will heal them for 1K damage and you Eradicate that off you just did an effective 1K damage in a single GCD.

Soulwalker

Thanks you two for your feed back.
    Gives me some stuff to consider indeed.

I think that speccing 44 mm, sort of leaves me with to little points to make Rs a viable solution though.
    If i specc 44mm, i would prolly go Sin instead of Rs.

But again, if my current build will not bring anything to the team, it might not be worth speccing.
    The Eradicate point made, is a good one. Which i will take to heart.

Thank you again for taking time to answer a newbies question.

+ Reply to Thread