+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: full p8 or durnes and crystal MM

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default full p8 or durnes and crystal MM

    I'm sure that this has been asked but can't find the post.

    I am a raider first and a dirty Pvp type second.

    I have no HK gun so use the p8 gun for raid and must admit I seem to be struggling with dps. In my full p8 with minimal swap out to get to 220 hit I seem to be able to do more DPS then when I wear the 4 durnes and use the MM crystal. I wish it was close but I am 150dps roughly higher in p8.

    I use the 51MM 15 ranger build and have the standard macros.

    Obviously my stats in p8 are massively more than durnes and I am starting to think that the 100ap and1k hp as well as the str etc, I get from p8 out weigh the MM crystal?

    Is this the case or could some kind soul enlighten me as to WTF im doing wrong? lol I top the dp charts in the guild but really wish i could actually make use of the pve gear!

    Thanks for help

  2. #2
    Champion ninefourtyfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    do you have the shadow fire greater?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Sorry for the late reply, Yes I do ( i stack AP on a new engine just for the MM build ).

    stats for durnes for me UNBUFFED.

    5246 hp, ap 746 crit 812

    Stats for p8 gear/Durnes 2 bits AP (stacking AP) and crystal

    6115hp, AP 852 crit 926

  4. #4
    Champion ninefourtyfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    I actually had to read your post again. If you are topping the dps charts, whats the problem? Whats your ave parse like?

    I believe the rank 8 stats surpasses a full t3 set with crystal, dps wise.
    Last edited by ninefourtyfour; 10-28-2011 at 03:24 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I posted because I thought that the MM crystal would be more dps than just using the p8 set.

    Here is last weeks figure from greenscale. The second MM uses the full durnes and MM crystal but with a 41 dps bow. I am thinking it is my rotation or summant because surely my 55 dps gun shoul;d be wrecking alot more dps?


    Name Damage DPS DPS(e) Time
    ME 897758 12.0%
    1926.5 1874.2 466 97.3%
    2nd 813321 10.8%
    1775.8 1698.0 458 95.6%

  6. #6
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    I've got full P8 and the crystal. I literally wear two tanking pieces of Lymond's to get the set bonus for the MM crystal and do significantly more DPS in that gear than in P8. Your rotation is off.
    ~Quiescent

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    First check your rotation and macros.

    I have found that most marksman setups are within 200-300 dps of each other. With only say a fresh 50 and HK marksman showing more difference in numbers.

    Second this could be the rapid fire bug your seeing as well. If your shooting your rapid fire off first and then the number 2 is he could be getting boosted by your rapid fire. ( This should be fixed now and so numbers might change drastically which could change the above note as well.)

    Another issue to look at. I am much slower on my key spams then some of the other rogues in my guild. I suffer from some nerve damage and that gives me a somewhat slower reaction time then others when spamming my keys. There is not much I can do about it but if your not suffering from physical limitations then you might want to up your key press speeds. But even in this I am still only around 100-150 dps off the faster guys.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    thanks guys, so must be my rotation and macros, will re check it all .


    Again thanks for replies

  9. #9
    Soulwalker Bogus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    p8 gear does surpass the t3 armor and you should do more damage in it. The 30Ap from MM crystal and the chance of an instant empowered shot wont make up the difference from the massive AP and Crit youll have with the right pieces for hit. The HK gear is a different story, it is the PvE equal to p8 gear so it will be better than pvp gear.

    Your 55 dps gun will out dps the relic bow from RoS period.

    I have 1100 AP 50% crit in my p8 t3 set for raid 1 and pull 1800 dps 51MM 10NB 5RS. I like the simple set up cant stand macros and keeping count. I like a game I can actually watch the garphics and not keys.

    The T3 armors wont match the AP, Crit and dps I get from this set ever.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    p8 gear does surpass the t3 armor and you should do more damage in it. The 30Ap from MM crystal and the chance of an instant empowered shot wont make up the difference from the massive AP and Crit youll have with the right pieces for hit. The HK gear is a different story, it is the PvE equal to p8 gear so it will be better than pvp gear.

    Your 55 dps gun will out dps the relic bow from RoS period.

    I have 1100 AP 50% crit in my p8 t3 set for raid 1 and pull 1800 dps 51MM 10NB 5RS. I like the simple set up cant stand macros and keeping count. I like a game I can actually watch the garphics and not keys.

    The T3 armors wont match the AP, Crit and dps I get from this set ever.
    Could you tell me what armor you have that allows for 1100 AP and 50% crit unbuffed? Thanks.

  11. #11
    Rift Master Carthoris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzazal View Post
    I'm sure that this has been asked but can't find the post.

    I am a raider first and a dirty Pvp type second.

    I have no HK gun so use the p8 gun for raid and must admit I seem to be struggling with dps. In my full p8 with minimal swap out to get to 220 hit I seem to be able to do more DPS then when I wear the 4 durnes and use the MM crystal. I wish it was close but I am 150dps roughly higher in p8.

    I use the 51MM 15 ranger build and have the standard macros.

    Obviously my stats in p8 are massively more than durnes and I am starting to think that the 100ap and1k hp as well as the str etc, I get from p8 out weigh the MM crystal?

    Is this the case or could some kind soul enlighten me as to WTF im doing wrong? lol I top the dp charts in the guild but really wish i could actually make use of the pve gear!

    Thanks for help
    You should be doing noticeably more DPS with the 4pc T1 crystal vs. R8 gear. The instant empowered shot is literally a free 3/3 Opportunity. For your spec, after a 4/5 pt headshot use Strafe and you won't ever have a cast time for empowered.

    I have absolutely no idea what some of the other people in this thread are doing, because there are several threads discussing this and similar gearing questions and the answer in every situation is "use the MM crystal, because it's ****ing awesome."
    Last edited by Carthoris; 10-28-2011 at 09:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker Bogus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Not only do I have 1100 AP and 50% Crit but 16 ranks trained in Gun Mastery which adds 3.2 dps to guns so my gun is 58.2 dps and all dex and str trained in tier 1 attunments about to unlock 4 to tier 2. Str and Dex raise AP and Crit and so do Items. the p8 has some serious stats over the t3 gear the 75 AP pvp crystal better than 30AP I use 1 PvP sword for the AP it gives over the dagger, I have no idea what my AP shoots up to from ability buffs.

    I saw one warrior in lessor gear doing 1800 dps in our guild and couldnt believe it. He stood alone. Found out he was all about getting his AP as high as possible. AP is the key to high dps get natural high AP and you dont have to starin on Spamming keys. The game is more enjoyable if you can watch it some

  13. #13
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    If you are talking about HK raiding then you need 320 hit not 220. If you are below this threshold you will take a dps hit.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    If you are talking about HK raiding then you need 320 hit not 220. If you are below this threshold you will take a dps hit.
    I was just about to say that at 220 hit your dps is going to be garbage.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    No was based on GS hit values, For Hk i really need to juggle gear to get to 320 ^^.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts