+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Level 50 Low Prestige Rank PVP Rogue Specs

Default Level 50 Low Prestige Rank PVP Rogue Specs

I have been looking through the forums and see some nice looking PVP specs but they seem to come with the disclaimer that they should only be played when you are a higher prestige rank.

I just got my rogue to level 50 and besides reading that I should be throughly prepared to be destroyed as a lowbie rank 50 in the warfronts I was wondering what you guys or gals would recommend as an entry level 50 spec in warfronts?

Please give me your suggestions on what spec worked for you as a lowbie. I'm willing to play melee, ranged, or even support (bard). Thanks everyone in advance.

Rift Disciple

i would say the 2 specs i could see working even at low prest level are, NB/RS due to the damage being pretty good even with crummy weapons, and MM due to the mobility keeping you alive and the buff stripping helps the team, kills healers and mages. BUT i dont really like either spec and i duked it out with 34sab/22sin/10NB and 51sin/5-10-15Inf/0MM since i hit 50 2 weeks in... play whats fun and put time in with a spec you like or youll be miserable while grinding that prest.

Plane Walker

Something with at least 21 Assassin for Improved Stealth, and make sure you take 2/2 Silent Footsteps. Stay out of AoE's, and don't get too close to anyone on the other team.

Don't attack anyone unless they are almost dead already, or they will laugh out loud while they kill you. Look for opportunities to assist high-rank players on your team who have whittled someone else down, and go in for a hit or two to help finish them off.

You could go bard, but the other team will put a number on your head, and with your lowbie gear and no way to stealth, you're a sitting duck.

afk in stealth till r2 :P
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

lgw

Bard !
    Also any MM - great to purge their whole team and then assist any good DD with heal debuff / more purges / damage.

Open world... 40+ Sin / 10+ Infi / X and just Vanish.
    Last edited by lgw; 10-28-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Plane Touched

If you're afraid to be destroyed, don't go face to face right away.

Use the spec that has the most range, and the most mobility + some utility = Marksman.
    Stay with your team, watch your positionning, assist, eradicate & deaden timely, then dps with the rest of your time.

44MM / 22 SIN is my suggestion, stick with your team and when killed stealth back to them. Stick with a high ranker, eradicate often and you'll be R4 in no time
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-28-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    44MM / 22 SIN is my suggestion, stick with your team and when killed stealth back to them. Stick with a high ranker, eradicate often and you'll be R4 in no time
    +1 for this. Also 34 bard/32 RS is a great spec for supporting your team. Motifs don't scale with gear so you're practically as effective at r1 as you are at r8. The only difference would be less healing done.

Rift Disciple

Either you go 44marksman/22 rift for survival and spam purge the enemy team

or you go bard/riftstalker and support the team

you are useless at low lvl prestige as melee spec, if you really have to dps then go marksman

Rift Disciple

44mm/22rs
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Mko.qGtRqdVudR

is what i used. with low dps weapons and shoddy gear it is just better to assist and piss the other team off.

macro your 2 interrupts, deaden first and tunnel on an important enemy, stripping him of all buffs, applying fan out VM (soon to be single target VM in 1.6) and interrupt him non stop. when target has no buffs and still isnt going down, change and purge the next.

use guardian phase over stalkers, and static shot/blink to get out of trouble.

refresh rift guard/barrier often (only need 1 or 2 points) and use hasted if you need a finisher to stay speedy.

you won't be topping any charts, or solo killing anyone, but that rank8 warr on ur team is going to love you if u have cast on targets target on and assist him.
    Last edited by Chastity; 10-28-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Is there a post with the build and macros for this?
    Respectfully
    Artega
    UnlimitedChaos.guildlaunch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Artega View Post
    Is there a post with the build and macros for this?
    Not really any macros for it tbh.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I think dunsparrow has some macros for this build on his site.

I macro fan out with the other AOE cooldown (cant remember)

And I macro empowered shot with hasted shot (the instant one not the finisher).

And I macro RFS and deadeye shot.

I used to macro break free but not so much anymore (except for my sin build)

But TBH... you don't really need it for this spec unless you're a lazy SOB
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Shadowlander

I'm actually using Boomstick spec since R2 (only just turned R3) and I find it

1) more fun than 44mm
    2) no less squishy when actually fighting and not afk in stealth til R4
    3) good if you don't have a pocket R8 to hide behind

I'm pretty stupid though so 44MM/22SIN is probably the best bet, just realise you're going to get turned over a lot if someone strong notices you either way so might as well do it in a spec you enjoy in between trips to the graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejelly View Post
    I'm actually using Boomstick spec since R2 (only just turned R3) and I find it

1) more fun than 44mm
    2) no less squishy when actually fighting and not afk in stealth til R4
    3) good if you don't have a pocket R8 to hide behind

I'm pretty stupid though so 44MM/22SIN is probably the best bet, just realise you're going to get turned over a lot if someone strong notices you either way so might as well do it in a spec you enjoy in between trips to the graveyard.
    glad you enjoy the boomstick spec haven't got much feedback from it since I wrote the guide
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast