sooo here are the big 3:

51mm/15 sin

Exposed weakness - pretty good dps upgrade <20m
    Murderous Intent - 4% physical damage
    Ruthlessness - 5% crit
    cruel vengeance - 10% damage

51mm/10nb/5rs

Unseen fury - 15% ap
    Blazing Fury/Coup de Grace - 15% damage for combo point builders and finishers

51mm/10rng/5rs

Eagle Eye - 5% crit
    Improved Quick Shot - 100% chance to do a blead doing a bunch of damage over 6 seconds
    Killing Focus - Increases damage with melee and ranged weapons by 4%
    Unseen fury - 15% ap

So I'm gonna test these 3 specs. Potis is my resident MM expert and he says the nb/rs one is better. However my preliminary tests show the 15sin one to be about 100 dps higher than that. The 3rd build is what I assume phu runs from his raidrifts damage break downs. In this thread we will discuss the pro's and con's of these variations of the 51mm 2 button only spec. Hopefully tonight I can do some serious parses of these and have some numbers for the thread. Going to try to settle this before 1.6 comes out for my updated bible thread.

EDIT: 51mm/15ranger or 51mm/14ranger/1rs are the best this thread is just for discussion of specs for lazy people and those of us unfortunate enough to have lawn mower accidents depriving us of digits.

EDIT2: If you have a different 2 button 51mm spec that is good and comparative to these 3 please post it. So we can compare and figure out the best one!
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-27-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

People are asking for variety among all souls and callings and yet... it comes down to who can push their two buttons harder/faster/better.

:: wipes up with a Kleenex ::

Ahhhh...

Rift... where the buttons play the game for you.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

too bad they are all a good 200-400dps behind 15rng with greater.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    too bad they are all a good 200-400dps behind 15rng with greater.
    I think that's a good thing. If they were only 50 dps apart everyone would go lazymode.

Champion of Telara

As i said, NB/RS requires certain gear so the AP from 15% and the extra damage from NB will boost you properly.

Right now because of Akylios and his hit enchants + no dps weapons dropping and having only tank ones, aka 50 dexterity less and ap and crit and everything, its hard to check differences properly so its not possible in my gear so i cant answer ;D

But someone that can hover around 800-850 AP without RS should parse higher with NB/RS than with Sin.

Doesnt really matter.. 15 Ranger and Shadow Fire essence are too strong so everyone should be using 15 Ranger anyway ;D

any RS spec just requires having proper stats in terms of AP, so the 15% will boost you close or above 1000 AP.
    Last edited by potis; 10-28-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Champion of Telara

Edit times >_>

And since i never read properly..

10 Ranger/5 RS is okay also, probably better than it should be because of the "bug" from Quick Shot , and if you have the AP for the 5 RS its the same as Shadow Fire, just the "slightly more lazy" version.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Edit times >_>

And since i never read properly..

10 Ranger/5 RS is okay also, probably better than it should be because of the "bug" from Quick Shot , and if you have the AP for the 5 RS its the same as Shadow Fire, just the "slightly more lazy" version.
    Like i said here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ild-pve-3.html

i prefer the 51 / 10 / 5 build. Dps-wise they came out almost on par, but 10 / 5 build provides more end and is more mobile cause i dont "have" to use Shadowfire. Btw, i currently use ap lessers only).
    Question: to squeeze out all i can -> would you MMpros advise to use ES and QS (IQS) or simply Swift shot as your builder ?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Huca View Post
    Like i said here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ild-pve-3.html

i prefer the 51 / 10 / 5 build. Dps-wise they came out almost on par, but 10 / 5 build provides more end and is more mobile cause i dont "have" to use Shadowfire. Btw, i currently use ap lessers only).
    Question: to squeeze out all i can -> would you MMpros advise to use ES and QS (IQS) or simply Swift shot as your builder ?
    51 MM becomes OP in PvE after 4 piece HK bonus but even before that you want the 2 piece HK or the 4 piece t3 for the instant Empowered.

Anyways, in an ideal rotation you want to do this:

QS (IQS always)-->2 global cooldowns-->QS

Generally a Quick Shot every 3rd time or so.

to "abuse" the "bug" as it lasts, who knows if they will ever fix it.

That would be the ideal rotation, but kinda annoying to do perfectly until you train it.

But in reality, and mostly because of the Shadow Fire Greater, 15 Ranger is too good ;D
    Last edited by potis; 10-28-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Soulwalker

Maybe it's just some slight lag on my end, but if I do a Quickshot, then another attack and another Quickshot I get the first bleed with EM and immediately reapply the bleed. So to me it seems that the optimal generic rotation would be Instant Empowered Shot, Quickshot, other Combobuilder, Quickshot, Finisher. Of course you need to readjust accordingly for Strafe and Shadowfire.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    51 MM becomes OP in PvE after 4 piece HK bonus but even before that you want the 2 piece HK or the 4 piece t3 for the instant Empowered. [...]
    I am not a raider, so i dont have access to those - or at least wont have for the time being.
    Am stuffed out in t2 (chosed the 25ap crystal) and got the crafted (nimble deathbringer) bp, ring and dagger (soon) which add another 20ap (and 20end).

I could buy the ranger greater and go 51/15, or stick to ap lessers and stay 51/10/5, or switch to 51/15 sin..which i didnt even think about before.

Now that you know about my gear - what would your advice be ?

All of these builds are worthless compared to /15rng, and being lazy isn't an excuse, it's a 7 button rotation. SF, ES, QS, SS/CS Macro, RFS/HS macro, Strafe, Headshot. If that's an issue for you, go play a ****ing console game.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 10-28-2011 at 02:35 AM.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    All of these builds are worthless compared to /15rng, and being lazy isn't an excuse, it's a 7 button rotation. SF, ES, QS, SS/CS Macro, RFS/HS macro, Strafe, Headshot. If that's an issue for you, go play a ****ing console game.
    Someone didn't read the original post ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Someone didn't read the original post ...
    Someone did read the original post, decided to disregard the casual nonsense, and remind people how simple the 15RNG build is.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Someone did read the original post, decided to disregard the casual nonsense, and remind people how simple the 15RNG build is.
    I take it the "casual nonsense" involves the loss of digits then.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Huca View Post
    I am not a raider, so i dont have access to those - or at least wont have for the time being.
    Am stuffed out in t2 (chosed the 25ap crystal) and got the crafted (nimble deathbringer) bp, ring and dagger (soon) which add another 20ap (and 20end).

I could buy the ranger greater and go 51/15, or stick to ap lessers and stay 51/10/5, or switch to 51/15 sin..which i didnt even think about before.

Now that you know about my gear - what would your advice be ?
    Because you dont have the gear, doesnt mean the spec isnt good.

The spec just becomes very very strong with the 4 piece from HK.

What i would suggest is,
    51MM/15 Ranger
    Shadow Fire greater
    5 AP lessers.

After that, you need to check yourself, whats better?

Casting Empowered Shot or using 2 instant ones (QS/SS/CS) instead? I havent really tested with that gear so cant comment, you need to test yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast