+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best PvP Assassin Spec?

Rift Disciple

Default Best PvP Assassin Spec?

Hey guys, just hit 50 earlier this week and I'm doing a lot of PvP trying to get my rank up. Currently I'm R2 and I have full R2 armor/accessories and 2x Deathbringer 31 dps daggers, so I'm not super geared but it could be worse.

I've been playing around with a ton of different specs including MM, Sab, NB and now Assassin. Assassin is by far my favorite mostly because I can actually score kills with the burst. When I play MM and Sab I can just never out dps the heals the target is getting. NB has good sustained damage and I feel like I have good defense CDs to survive enemy burst, but the burst seems to be a little less and I have difficulty with healers (though not as much as I do with Sab and MM).

So the spec I'm currently using is 51sin/15rs/0inf. I love the 51pt assassin talent because the burst it adds is just awesome. However once again healers become a major issue if I can't burst them down in 3-4 seconds. I'm considering going Sin/nb to pick up Fell blades, but I'm not sure if I can afford to lose Serpent Strike - it's just SO GOOD.

What are peoples thoughts on Assassin specs?

Rift Disciple

Been talked about a lot on the forums, but I would suggest at that rank you try 51Sin/15Inf/0Rng.

That will give you a heal debuff in Anathema and Cleanse Soul, as well as range damage and finisher.

Rift Disciple

Hmm I'll have to get to R3 before I can try that one, can only reach R2 of inf atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn73 View Post
    Hmm I'll have to get to R3 before I can try that one, can only reach R2 of inf atm.
    I've been having fun with a 51 sin 15 mm 0 Inf build.
    Gamelist: Shadowbane(6yrs) Age of Conan(2yrs) WoW(1yr)
    CHARLIE SHEEN DA GOD: "I'M BI-WINNING..I WIN HERE..I WIN THERE"

[Killer]93%[Achiever]60%[Socializer]33%[Explorer]13%

Rift Disciple

You could try this one:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftsfqddR.x

Will give you Swift Shot and hasted shot for escape/kiting and closing. Bear in mind you will be squishier than the 15RS build, but the Assassin strength is in huge burst damage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarii View Post
    I've been having fun with a 51 sin 15 mm 0 Inf build.
    This is the build I use, but at lower prestige I think there may be some merit in Cleanse Soul etc until you pick up more Valor.

I actually think 51Sin/15MM/0Inf is the best pvp spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anselan View Post
    This is the build I use, but at lower prestige I think there may be some merit in Cleanse Soul etc until you pick up more Valor.

I actually think 51Sin/15MM/0Inf is the best pvp spec in the game.
    I love it for dailies and open world pvp but still am looking for the best warfront build for my playstyle.
    Gamelist: Shadowbane(6yrs) Age of Conan(2yrs) WoW(1yr)
    CHARLIE SHEEN DA GOD: "I'M BI-WINNING..I WIN HERE..I WIN THERE"

[Killer]93%[Achiever]60%[Socializer]33%[Explorer]13%

Rift Disciple

I'll give the 51sin/15mm/0inf a shot. Although I'm a little scared of being kited without having the rs soul...

Plane Touched

I've been loving 51sin 15bd. Assassinate + serpent strike at +100% damage = win.

Rift Disciple

Kiting shouldn't happen in this spec - if you're going from stealth you should be hitting jagged strike > impale, most people are already dead unless they have heals, they just don't know it.

You've also got swift shot and hasted shot to increase your movement speed, and rapid fire shot is a nasty ranged finisher.

I have gone 50-3, 32-0 and other 30+ KBs in Port Scion with this spec - there's actually a Massacre acheivement for killing shard carriers in the warfront, I think you need 10 carrier kills for it.

Sin is also great for Codex (avoid codex area though) for killing and flipping points, the only WF I don't play it in is Black Garden. I can control lower ring in Library and split up the enemy forces in Whitefall and gank the lone runners. Also good for hitting the enemy shard carrier waiting in their base.

The only one I absolutely cannot beat without speccing 38vk/28pal is this 20bd/24sin/22rs spec. It's monstrous. I don't know how well it holds up in WFs though.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Ascendant

The only Sin build that makes sense is 51/15/0 SIN/INF/RNG.

The 15 Marks build is decent, but it lacks Cleanse Soul and Anethema. You'll kill people that aren't getting any heals, and people that don't know how to kite (I.E. use snares/roots/knockbacks, etc.). Dominators will wreck you. Pyros and Stormcallers will wreck you.

0 RNG gives you your ranged builder and finisher. Headshot hits great. RFS is better, but it has a cooldown, and then you're stuck with Hasted Shot. Speedboosts don't matter when you're snared by 50% or more, or rooted, or just got knocked back -- you'd be better off being able to headshot every 5 CPs.

Inf gives you Break Free, which combined with Cut and Run means that you cannot be CC'd for the first DR cycle of an engagement; you can break both CCs and then you're immune due to DR. Cleanse Soul removes most of the nasty snares in the game, and stuffs whatever critical spell ability you need to watch out for in an engagement. You also get Anethema, which while not a great heal debuff, is better than the complete lack of a heal debuff that you have with the marksman build.

Sin is about uptime on your target. When you're at range, no matter which range soul you pick (0 RNG or 15 MM), your damage is gimped and your goal is to get back into range. Inf is better at ensuring you stay in or get back into range than MM is, and it gives you more tools to deal with your biggest threats. Your RFS damage won't mean anything when that Stormcaller rips your face off with his Lightning Burst combo. Inf will enable you to laugh at him when he spends all that time building it up, only to get IMMUNE when he goes for the kill. MM can help you catch back up after you get knocked back by that Warden; Inf will make sure you never get knocked back in the first place because he just gets IMMUNE on his screen.

15 MM/0 INF is good. 15INF/0RNG is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Anselan View Post
    Kiting shouldn't happen in this spec - if you're going from stealth you should be hitting jagged strike > impale, most people are already dead unless they have heals, they just don't know it.

You've also got swift shot and hasted shot to increase your movement speed, and rapid fire shot is a nasty ranged finisher.

I have gone 50-3, 32-0 and other 30+ KBs in Port Scion with this spec - there's actually a Massacre acheivement for killing shard carriers in the warfront, I think you need 10 carrier kills for it.

Sin is also great for Codex (avoid codex area though) for killing and flipping points, the only WF I don't play it in is Black Garden. I can control lower ring in Library and split up the enemy forces in Whitefall and gank the lone runners. Also good for hitting the enemy shard carrier waiting in their base.
    Ahh **** have I been doing it wrong? I've been opening with paralyzing strike for the stun, but I should be using jagged?

Ascendant

Ahh **** have I been doing it wrong? I've been opening with paralyzing strike for the stun, but I should be using jagged?
    Opener depends on situation. Your default opener should be Jagged Strike, because it does the most damage and damage is what you do.

Assassinate is a quick burst finisher; it does less overall damage than Jagged, but does it instantly instead of over time. Use this when your target is low on HP and needs to get bursted down; Assassinate->Serpent Strike is a lot of damage very quickly.

Paralyzing Strike is your control opener. Use it when you need to control your target. If you're trying to get a mobile target (mounted, speed boost), Paralyzing is your opener of choice. If you need to stop your target from casting something (big heals, Devouring shadows, Soul Purge, Eradicate spam, etc.), use Paralyzing to stop them.

There is no "best" opener that you should use in every situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by threash View Post
    I've been loving 51sin 15bd. Assassinate + serpent strike at +100% damage = win.
    ^ This.

The tools are amazing. Dex boost, dodge and sprint rhythmic (which works in stealth), harder hitting spammables with Keen / Quick strike, undefendable attack off the GCD on doge/parry...and yea, Deadly Dance buff on Assassinate / Serpent / Backstab...is...insane.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast