+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: De-stealthing for no reason!

Plane Touched

Default De-stealthing for no reason!

Why do I keep getting de-stealthed for no reason! I am 51 point assassin build so my stealth should not CANCEL unless I take damage from an AOE or cancel it or use an attack.

This last time that my I got de-stealthed for no reason, I was in the library warfront in mid, no enemies anywhere, a few teamates standing around, I was just standing there and POP out of stealth for no reason. Nothing, no damage, no enemies near anywhere. WHY!
    Last edited by GreatWhiteRhino; 10-30-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Shadowlander

One word, Fan Out. Damn, thats two words. And I had the same problem this weekend.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by R3nagad3 View Post
    One word, Fan Out. Damn, thats two words. And I had the same problem this weekend.
    Re-Read the ****ing post and try again. I know fan out does it when FAN OUT is present! It was not present. RE ****ING READ IT!
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

I sense much anger in you.

I suggest sending in a bug report. Noone on this forum will be able to answer your question.
    Repine

Plane Touched

And don't even get me started on the ****ing fan out spam ********,. Why should an MM be able to knock an opponent out of stealth with an attack they are using directly at 1 target. They can hit a single target from range with an AOE, fine. But why the **** should that hit a stealther? its like a free de-stealth.

Anybody else has to place an AOE on the ground and hope to hit the stealther. Fan out is firing at visible targets and just happens to hit a stealther and de-stealth them.

Its pointless to even try stealthing anymore with FANOUT!

And then the other half the time when no fan out or anything is happening, ******** de-stealth on its own. This is ********.
    Last edited by Fade2Black; 10-26-2011 at 09:21 PM.

If you have hidden veil up, you wont be destealthed for 15secs. If you're just chilling in stealth doing nothing your not helping anyways.
    Repine

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Nothing, no damage, no enemies near anywhere. WHY!
    So R3nagad....
    Quote Originally Posted by R3nagad3 View Post
    Blind or smart "donkey"?

Might be some bug when you receive a buff from an other player.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    If you have hidden veil up, you wont be destealthed for 15secs. If you're just chilling in stealth doing nothing your not helping anyways.
    This isn't true on Hidden Veil, it's also dropping you out of stealth inside the 15s timer.

I think the issue is occuring when a MM hits you with eradicate after you've slipped away - if the MM is using a bow and hits eradicate and during the arrow travel time you hit Hidden Veil, but receive damage as you do so, it pops the 15s Hidden Veil timer which I think is counted as a buff, which is then purged by the eradicate arrow landing.

I think this is what is happening with Hidden Veil up, but Stealth is getting popped for no reason when HV is not on.

Plane Touched

The whole point of stealth is to sneak up behind an enemy and hit them from behind for as much burst as you can! What the **** is point of stealth if I can't get to an enemy at all because my stealth constantly pops even in situations where I have not been damaged.

This also was not even a problem before 50's warfronts so I don't wtf the issue is here.

It also does not only happen when using slip away.

Also the situation I described where I was just "chilling" in stealth involved a CARRIER standing in mid, and me standing close by in STEALTH waiting to defend him. NO ENEMIES were currently in the area, I was about 15m away from the carrier, and suddenly I popped out of stealth for no explainable reason, I had 10 seconds to re-stealth so it was not an issue that time! but this happens constantly! and destroys any attempts to use ASSASSINATE or any of the stealth attacks before my stealth is gone. There goes half of my burst right there and I need as much as I can get!

Basically it boils down to: 50% of the time my stealth is being removed from Fan out SPAM! 50% of the time my Stealth is removing on its own for no reason. That leaves 0% of the time that I cannot use Assassinate or any other of the stealth attacks making stealth useless. Assassin is my favorite Rogue soul and the only reason I really went rogue, so if stealth is gonna break for no reason, its just pointless, I may as well just run as another 50mililionth MM spamming Fan OUT!

Death to Fan out Spammers!
    Last edited by Fade2Black; 10-27-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Plane Touched

I sense much anger in you.

I suggest sending in a bug report. Noone on this forum will be able to answer your question.
    No anger, just sick of coming to forums(in any game) and posting an issue that is really an issue, and having it brushed off with some explanation that does not explain it! Over and over again, the same occurrence! Just brush it off with some pea brained explanation and call it good.

I also do use Hidden Veil always whenver it up, sometimes my stealth pops away even with it in the 15s timer(even when I wasn't hit).

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Why the **** do I keep getting de-stealthed for no reason! I am 51 point assassin build so my stealth should not CANCEL unless I take damage from an AOE or cancel it or use an attack.

This last time that my I got de-stealthed for no reason, I was in the library warfront in mid, no enemies anywhere, a few teamates standing around, I was just standing there and POP out of stealth for no reason. Nothing, no damage, no enemies near anywhere. WHY!
    It's Trion's way of telling you that sitting around in stealth is worthless.

Rift Disciple

I sympathize with the OP, IMO fan-out should only hit "visible" (visible implying the MM could see you through stealth detection mechanisms or you simply were not stealthed) targets. It's not as though the MM was trying to aim at you since they couldnt see you.

It is fairly lame trying to work yourself towards your target and get slapped out of stealth from no where. Even if you have Hidden Veil up its premature use due to the rogue fanout likely will destroy any attempt to attack your target and get away.

On another note: I have also had on numerous occasions hit Slip Away / Hidden Veil only to drop out of stealth within 2-3 seconds. When this occured I verified each time that the cooldown on HV was off (meaning I did actually use it).

Likely a timing bug where I was hit with dmg from an AE immediately prior to the HV. Seems to me that (since its such a standard combo) that Slip Away / Hidden Veil should me slightly more generous with used together.

Specifically the 3 second prior to destealth timer from Slip Away should be overwritten when Hidden Veil is applied.

Psuedo Code:

CRogue MyRogue;
    if ( ( MyRogue.HasSlipAway() && ( MyRogue.DestealthTimerActive() ) )
    {
    MyRogue.UsesHiddenVeil();
    MyRogue.ResetDestealthTimer( 15 );
    }

I would assume/hope that the spell use event code would look something different but the jyst is there :P
    Last edited by Terry30; 10-27-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    It's Trion's way of telling you that sitting around in stealth is worthless.
    Obviously your just being a ******* because you are not reading the ****ing problem. The problem isn't sitting around and can't stay stealthed, its when this **** happens when you are trying to get behind a target to assassinate dip****, but you already knew that. Your just attempting to get people riled up because your a ******.-

i get destealthed randomly in raids with 0 dmg going on so i feel the OPs pain, it's not a pvp issue...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Re-Read the ****ing post and try again. I know fan out does it when FAN OUT is present! It was not present. RE ****ING READ IT!
    DAMN dude, take a chill pill. It was called Sarcasm. Hence me saying same thing happened to me. But, too many *******s on the forum are quick to QQ when they don't get an answer. I got a thought, as the DEV. Oh, thats right we don't have one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast