+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Founf A Bug.

Default Founf A Bug.

RIFT 1.5 Hotfix #10 - 8:00am PDT 10/26/11 [NA] - 1:00am GMT 27/10/11 [EU]

GENERAL
    * Marksman: Rapid Fire Shot: Fixed a bug where Rapid Fire Shot was doing more damage than normal when two or more Marksman characters used it on the same target at the same time.

So I log on and go to soloing the same mobs I do everyday and start to see a big difference in my damage to them. I start looking at what hits seem to be less and sure enough Rapid Fire Shot is hitting for 150 per hit less or 150 x 5. I do over 1300 per hit with rapid fire shot on one type of mob I kill everyday but now it wont do over 1157. So they didnt fix a bug they found with two or more Marksman they lowered all Marksman Rapid Fire damage.

I went and tested my dps on the dummy in Meridan and sure enough I'm 400 to 500 dps less on parsers. So this want a bug fix for 2 or more Marksman. It was a direct nerf to all Marksman, that use Rapid Fire Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    RIFT 1.5 Hotfix #10 - 8:00am PDT 10/26/11 [NA] - 1:00am GMT 27/10/11 [EU]

GENERAL
    * Marksman: Rapid Fire Shot: Fixed a bug where Rapid Fire Shot was doing more damage than normal when two or more Marksman characters used it on the same target at the same time.

So I log on and go to soloing the same mobs I do everyday and start to see a big difference in my damage to them. I start looking at what hits seem to be less and sure enough Rapid Fire Shot is hitting for 150 per hit less or 150 x 5. I do over 1300 per hit with rapid fire shot on one type of mob I kill everyday but now it wont do over 1157. So they didnt fix a bug they found with two or more Marksman they lowered all Marksman Rapid Fire damage.

I went and tested my dps on the dummy in Meridan and sure enough I'm 400 to 500 dps less on parsers. So this want a bug fix for 2 or more Marksman. It was a direct nerf to all Marksman, that use Rapid Fire Shot.
    hope they fix it, guess we can stop using RFS until they do...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

RIFT Guide Writer

Bug it in-game.

Plane Walker

Yeah that does sound like a bug.
    I agree with other posters and in game bug it.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Ascendant

Sounds to me like the bug had to do with number of combo points on a target and the scaling of shots. For example damage was scaling with amount of combo points and when 2 marksman launched at same time it took into account 10 combo points. I think what you are seeing is number of combo points no longer effects damage but only number of shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Sounds to me like the bug had to do with number of combo points on a target and the scaling of shots. For example damage was scaling with amount of combo points and when 2 marksman launched at same time it took into account 10 combo points. I think what you are seeing is number of combo points no longer effects damage but only number of shots.
    sounds plausible, bug was hard to reproduce anyways, i saw nothing wrong with it.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

RFS is working normal for me on dummy and players, some mobs however it this very little, i think those mobs just got a lot more armor or damage reduction as im seeing same #'s on dummy as before.

Plane Touched

Seeing a 10-15% Damage loss per RFS as above posters have mentioned..

More of a 100 DPS Loss on Dummies.. but something noticeable when you lose that much damage on a shot =/

Maybe this is the way of bringing us back in line with RW Warriors =/

General of Telara

Hits the same for me. Referencing back to a previous thread where I posted some parses

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3291193

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...a/MMTest_1.jpg

That's with a whetstone btw. My gear has only improve by getting 17 more AP and a couple more Crit. As of now, without whetstones my RFS is critting for 1207, that parse had me critting for 1258 with whetstones on.
    Last edited by Vitto; 10-26-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Unequip and reequip your gear and try again, worked for me

Soulwalker

I did as well experience this issue. But it was back and forth.. meaning at times of the fight I lost damage and each hit on RFS was only at 972 and other times it went back up to normal damage. Definate bug. Report it ingame

I posted that reequipping my gear fixed it while in raid. Well turns out it doesn't. This does appear to be erratic. Mid fight my RFS were all over the board much as Quickbeast pointed out.

+ Reply to Thread