+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what you recommand as pvp spec ?

Telaran

Default what you recommand as pvp spec ?

1.40 ***/26 nb?
    2. 44nb/22rs
    3. 40nb/26rs
    Question what you recommand for open world pvp and warfronts..

it seems 40ass/26nb having hard time kiilling messeh clerics or Justicar/shamman/sen clerics

any tips ?

Rift Disciple

44/22 can take most other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    1.40 ***/26 nb?
    2. 44nb/22rs
    3. 40nb/26rs

it seems 40ass/26nb having hard time kiilling messeh clerics or Justicar/shamman/sen clerics

any tips ?
    some build ideas in my sig
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Sword of Telara

I'm saving up to buy another role slot and try out some assassin/nb combos. Honestly though... I've come over to the assassin bandwagon for open world pvp. 51/15inf is just... funtastic for open world killing. Warfronts I usually go 40nb/26rs, or 39nb/27rs depending on my mood and how I'd set it up that day. I tweak my specs a bit more than my plat supply can handle. I'm kind of hoping the changes on the test server go through for NB though... I may get to go back to a 51nb spec. I love those.

Quote Originally Posted by wingedarr0w View Post
    44/22 can take most other specs.
    ive killed many 44/22's that have jumped me as 51mm/15rng

20-35m deadzone with terrain anyone?
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    ive killed many 44/22's that have jumped me as 51mm/15rng

20-35m deadzone with terrain anyone?
    must of been some crappy NB's:P I've never lost 1v1 to a MM with nb/rs spec(especially one with 26RS).. now when there's like 5 of them on me, like there usually is, that's a different story
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    1.40 ***/26 nb?
    2. 44nb/22rs
    3. 40nb/26rs

any tips ?
    I haven't read anyone else's builds at all. I run my own that suits my playstyle. I run 40 ***/26 nb right now mostly (with 0 point RS, I like riftwalk in stealth to get away especially). I find that it has lower burst from stealth but much higher survivability and much greater gap closing ability than the 51 ***/15 nb that I ran up til 1.5.

From what I've seen, one of the most important thing you can do is switch your weapon enchantments to fit the fight while you're in stealth AND pay attention to your own buffs. If they get cleansed/purged/whatever you need to keep them up, especially fell blades against a healer.

I'm rank 7, if I'm fighting a healing cleric or a healing mage who is 7 or 8 I use fell blades and debilitating poison so that I eat their heals and slowly whittle away their mana. For WFs I mostly use fell blades and leeching poison for max self healing (survivability).

NOTE: My suggestions are based on 1 v 1 fights.
    EDIT: The gist is you need to adapt to each fight individually and "roll with the punches", and be situationally aware, these are most important.
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 10-26-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

I used to run a 45 NB, 21 Inf spec. It is still very viable.

My current favorite is a PvP version of the Bloodstalker. 32 Assasin, 16 MM , 18 Rift
    Has slip-away, foul play, sand, cut n run, three ports, rift barrier, get-away, outstanding melee bleeds and dps, and very, very good ranged damage. Can kick MM's butt's, even at range, can beat 40+ NB with skill and proper use of cooldowns. Even pretty good for PvE grinding and world pvp. I use it on non-serious raid rifts and T2 experts.

Taken down a NB/RS is done as a MM with the following parameters if equally geared.

Room to kite somewhat and knowing their mechanics.

Always eradicate for no other reason than you will probably have to pot at some point. The key to winning is getting them to blow their ports rapidly and surviving the cooldowns.

Here's what I do, take it for what its worth. . .

I run 44/16/6 MM/RS/Rng

If they pop on you from stealth . . .
    -Repelling shot (They will usually blow a port to get back to you)
    -Retreat ( eats another port)
    -On the double(most will blow their 3rd port here)

You have also been dmging them the whole time. Keep barbed shot on them and swift shot to keep up some movement buffs. At this point they have used 3 ports. Reset your MM abilities. Here i usually run at the Opponent and Shift through them and on the double, usually disorients them for a few seconds, Im now out of their 20m rng and can use some burst to start making them blow CDs if they havent already.

Pot when necessecary and make sure you have FB off them with Eradicate. Remember you can purge everything but Blackout.

I find this spec deals with them better than a 51MM build. I honestly see no point going past 44 for a PvP spec. Electrified will deal as much if not more dmg than SM. If its not a cleric, its not surviving long enough to make SM worth it. My burst rotation can do upwards of 5k in a window of 2.5sec timestamp.
    -------------------------

As to the OP's original question, Depends on gear rank honestly. I dont believe my spec will be very good if you arent R6+

If you are just grinding in Port for prestige, I would just grab an easy MM spec and stand with your team.
    A 32A/18RS/16NB is fun for Codex and Black Garden. 44NB/22RS/0BD is a good low prestige spec because of the survivablity but be warned, its getting nerfed and people are learning fast how to deal with it.
    Repine

+ Reply to Thread