+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: HK Synergy Crystals - Consider revising 4-pc Bladedancer and Sin

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default HK Synergy Crystals - Consider revising 4-pc Bladedancer and Sin

    It seems once you get 4 pc HK, MM is the best way to go for basically every fight. Kind of ruins the variety that 1.5 introduced.

    It'd be nice if the Bladedancer one didn't force you to go 51 pts to get the bonus as 51 pt bladedancer is inferior to MM even with 4 pc HK (based on what I've read).

    The Sin one is good except there are too many fights in HK where you can't use Sin due to the positional requirements. Maybe add a buff that removes the positional requirement of backstab to the current bonus. It'd be nice if the teleports ported you towards the target instead of behind as well.

    It's probably obvious that I prefer playing melee specs. I don't mind playing 51 mm/15 ranger but I find 32 sin/20 rift/14 mm and 27 sin/19 blade/20 rift are a lot more fun. Hopefully some changes will be made to increase melee's viability to more than a few encounters.

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithran83 View Post
    It seems once you get 4 pc HK, MM is the best way to go for basically every fight. Kind of ruins the variety that 1.5 introduced.

    It'd be nice if the Bladedancer one didn't force you to go 51 pts to get the bonus as 51 pt bladedancer is inferior to MM even with 4 pc HK (based on what I've read).

    The Sin one is good except there are too many fights in HK where you can't use Sin due to the positional requirements. Maybe add a buff that removes the positional requirement of backstab to the current bonus. It'd be nice if the teleports ported you towards the target instead of behind as well.

    It's probably obvious that I prefer playing melee specs. I don't mind playing 51 mm/15 ranger but I find 32 sin/20 rift/14 mm and 27 sin/19 blade/20 rift are a lot more fun. Hopefully some changes will be made to increase melee's viability to more than a few encounters.

    51 BD is good, it also is probably the most gear reliant of the specs, because of the need of both a MH/OH (2 relics), where as when you see the MM they're pushing 4k with just the relic gun. You can play any of the melee specs on just about any of the fights, the one exception being Estrode and Grug it just sometime requires you to be way more attentive.

    Don't believe everything you read on here I would wager most of the individuals don't have their four piece quite yet.


    IF they are going to change crystals the Bard and Riftstalker need the most love.
    Last edited by Kublakan; 10-25-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Vera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    IF they are going to change crystals the Bard and Riftstalker need the most love.
    Signed, the RS crystal is a joke. Who needs less of a cooldown on RD these days? It's not bad, but it should really be something better.

    As the the 4 point, I could get the boots this week to rush to it, but I'm not sure why I'd bother - doesn't look that brilliant.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Signed, the RS crystal is a joke. Who needs less of a cooldown on RD these days? It's not bad, but it should really be something better.

    As the the 4 point, I could get the boots this week to rush to it, but I'm not sure why I'd bother - doesn't look that brilliant.
    Boots are one of the best pieces IMO. Anything that's dual stated (has crit and ap) always seems overbudgeted.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    sin crystal is fine, BD is just a bad spec, all it offers is an interrupt since nb is beating it at our current gear lvls, we just need a better sin build that doesnt rely on teleporting behind akylios and jumping in the water for a swim.

    fix blinks!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  6. #6
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    fix blinks!
    I think they could do it pretty easily. Just add a new toggled "Phase" ability that can be used in conjunction with the other two and move the GP blink modification to that ability instead. Done and done.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    What they need to do is nerf the MM crystal TBH. +50% damage to a skill that makes up 30+% of your damage before you get the crystal is WAY too much. No other crystal can even come close to comparing to that, and no crystal should, that is way too much damage to be giving, especially to the spec that is already one of the top DPS specs for the class.

    That said, the BD crystal makes 51 BD competitive, if you are geared for it, and the Sin crystal makes the Asstalker spec really competitive as well. If the MM crystal gave like +30% to EM damage, or did something else that was even remotely balanced the BD and Sin crystals would actually make their associated builds just as good as the 4 piece MM.

    The problem is not with the BD and Sin crystals, it is with the MM crystal.

    *edit* oh ya, and seriously fix blinks to just teleport you in a straight line to your target. I am a rogue, lets assume that if i wanted to be behind something... i would be already.
    Last edited by Gyle; 10-26-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I hope the devs would consider changing the Bladedancer one. It forces you to go 51 pts which wastes way too many points. If they changed it to affect deadly dance or blade tempo then blink'blade spec could continue to be viable after 4-pc. That spec is definitely my favorite to play.

  9. #9
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithran83 View Post
    I hope the devs would consider changing the Bladedancer one. It forces you to go 51 pts which wastes way too many points. If they changed it to affect deadly dance or blade tempo then blink'blade spec could continue to be viable after 4-pc. That spec is definitely my favorite to play.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxofVz0R.x0x0m

    similer play style, much better scaling.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxofVz0R.x0x0m

    similer play style, much better scaling.
    Yeah, I compared the two specs on Prime last night. At my current gear level (p8 with 4-pc t1 raid) I seem to do better with the Blink'blade spec.

    http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...593804/635920/

    I can definitely see 32 sin/20 rift/14 mm being really good with 4-pc HK though. I see a few MM with 4k sicaron parses, has anyone tried to beat that with the sin spec and HK crystal?
    Last edited by Mithran83; 10-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I find it strange however that u pull 2.4 k on murdantix and 2.5 k on vlad with blinkblade, yet on sicaron u only pull 2.8k .. seems weird in comparison, unless u had a ton of contracts or so?

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absent View Post
    I find it strange however that u pull 2.4 k on murdantix and 2.5 k on vlad with blinkblade, yet on sicaron u only pull 2.8k .. seems weird in comparison, unless u had a ton of contracts or so?
    I was mm on Sicaron and was one of the purgers

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Oh lol, my bad.. i kinda overlooked.. in my defense, it's early :P Good job though

  14. #14
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    625

    Default

    The crystal is amazing, just saying
    Last edited by Kublakan; 10-26-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kublakan View Post
    The crystal is amazing, just saying
    Which one?

    All I'm saying is that pre-HK crystal, there are a couple of melee specs that beat MM. With 4 pc-HK all of the Sicaron 4k parses have been done using MM spec.

    I'm not one to play melee just for the sake of playing melee. Don't want to sandbag the raid. If MM is highest dps spec with crystal, then that's what I'll play. At least until I get like 1800 AP and 51 Bladedancer actually becomes better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts