+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tanking Trinkets

Default Rogue Tanking Trinkets

Right now this is the only hole in my gear and I cant find one. What do you guys suggest? Where do I get it? You know, those sort of useful things.

i use whitefall one. and i just macro the buff into my attack macro, it isnt very good or anything. but the 30 end is good.

Mok
    Telaran

Skull of Damnation for pure stats if you want an easy-to-get pvp type, or that one from Revered with Storm Guard (Or whoever guardian side of White Fall is) that gives 30. As a stand by, that Uruluuk totem is okay if you like something that has an absurdly low proc chance and (most likely) an internal cooldown of at most 8 seconds. Nothing else comes to mind, except for that meh trinket from E:IT that gives you a gimp Rift Guard (Half absorb for up to 500 damage, chance on hit).

Ascendant

Talisman of Lashing Rain - Revered with Whitefall PvP faction, ~10K favor to buy

Honestly, it's the only one I've used that's worth a crap.

Crustacean Talisman can be good when you're just starting out and could use the extra threat, but it's unreliable. The stack drops off all the time even when spamming attacks.

Can't block, so that rules out all the on-block trinkets.

Song of Lost Souls is trash. When it procs (it has an abysmal proc rate), it'll just be overheal anyway unless your healer is asleep.

Same deal with the Uruluuk trinket, although it's slightly more useful as it procs on GETTING hit, rather than on hit, so at least you're going to be down health when it procs.

Lashing Rain (and whatever the Guardian equivalent is) sits in my tank set because 30 END is 30 END, always and forever, and I can just macro the trinket in with my Planar Strike spam to throw up the shield every time it's up -- hey, it's a shield, so the buffer is always good even when I'm at full HP.

Arkryion's Mirror will be good in 1.6, as on-block trinkets currently proc on Deflect on PTS. But seeing as our Deflect will be considerably lesser in rate than warrior Block (assuming they don't do a gear pass, which they won't because they're lazy), it won't be as valuable for us as it will be for them. I'll have to parse it once 1.6 hits to see if it works out to being worth more over the course of a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

wonder if its worth getting some block trinkets in advance if they work with deflect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Talisman of Lashing Rain - Revered with Whitefall PvP faction, ~10K favor to buy

Honestly, it's the only one I've used that's worth a crap.

Crustacean Talisman can be good when you're just starting out and could use the extra threat, but it's unreliable. The stack drops off all the time even when spamming attacks.

Can't block, so that rules out all the on-block trinkets.

Song of Lost Souls is trash. When it procs (it has an abysmal proc rate), it'll just be overheal anyway unless your healer is asleep.

Same deal with the Uruluuk trinket, although it's slightly more useful as it procs on GETTING hit, rather than on hit, so at least you're going to be down health when it procs.

Lashing Rain (and whatever the Guardian equivalent is) sits in my tank set because 30 END is 30 END, always and forever, and I can just macro the trinket in with my Planar Strike spam to throw up the shield every time it's up -- hey, it's a shield, so the buffer is always good even when I'm at full HP.

Arkryion's Mirror will be good in 1.6, as on-block trinkets currently proc on Deflect on PTS. But seeing as our Deflect will be considerably lesser in rate than warrior Block (assuming they don't do a gear pass, which they won't because they're lazy), it won't be as valuable for us as it will be for them. I'll have to parse it once 1.6 hits to see if it works out to being worth more over the course of a fight.
    the mirror will be really good. we get so much health anyway. anything that gives us more mitigation is a great choice. it will be tough to give up an "oh sh*t" button and the whitefall trinket makes for a good one.

Awesome, last I heard was the block trinkets didnt count towards deflection. This is great news to me as that opens up a whole lot of trinkets.

I dont like to pvp on my rogue, I have a cleric to do that, so I was trying to avoid going in there. But Rift Stalker is still really awesome at whitefall. So at least it will be relatively painless. But I am raid ready, so I have gotten by without one. Just wishing I could get one.

I am using mother's broken heart, from a T1 expert. Lost the roll on crustaceon three times already. With the 1.5 changes, I don't need the agro anymore, so will probably go with the whitefall trinket next.

I'm using akiron's mirror in 1.6 gonna be soooo awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I'm using akiron's mirror in 1.6 gonna be soooo awesome.
    Yeah it'll be great... every 5 minutes when you deflect something you'll get some health back. Shame that health isn't worth as much as the other tanks because... well... no armour.

I use the Crustacean Talisman at current but I've got Arkryon's Mirror in my bags, just waiting.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

+ Reply to Thread