+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift stomping build?

Soulwalker

Default Rift stomping build?

What's the best "rift stomping" build for rogues? I currently am using the "mob blender" variant from the DPS bible, and was previously using a similar personal build for general AoE grinding (it actually worked better because it had stronger in-combat healing for the big pulls, could handle 5 mobs constantly without need to stop for healing), and the mob blender works fairly well for minor rifts up to level 45 (I just hit 50 today, so I am 50, but with sub-par gear), but even at that, I have to use a few cooldowns to handle the boss, but I noticed taking more than 3 normal mobs during the rift and I have to watch my health, it basically doesn't handle groups of 5 as well as my AoE grinding build did.

Is there any build better suited to soloing rifts than the mob blender variant? Its said it can handle elites, but without using cooldowns I have a bit of a hard time handling elites even lower level than I.

thats not a bad build, i would go more something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...hR.0VRctzbmz0z
    but the one you have should work fine. The trick is to maximize the healing from Rift Scavenger
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    thats not a bad build, i would go more something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...hR.0VRctzbmz0z
    but the one you have should work fine. The trick is to maximize the healing from Rift Scavenger
    this guy has the right idea. here's a variation I use to get a second interrupt for when you have a caster boss at the end. I solo all stages of every major rift in the game with this.

disclaimer: I use full r8 gear to do it.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 10-25-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    this guy has the right idea. here's a variation I use to get a second interrupt for when you have a caster boss at the end. I solo all stages of every major rift in the game with this.

That is very similar to my own build (25/17/24, as/rift/bd), though I must ask, how come you do not have boosted recovery or exceptional resilience? That's both 6% more healing and 6% damage reduction......how well would that work on a lesser geared player?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    Gear is key. The above build is very good, but until you have good enough gear, majors (and end stages of minors) will stomp you.

Champion

Until you get better geared I would run a Bard/Ranger hybrid (probably can't beat the timer on stage 4 majors though, but will take the stage 5 guy no problem) or some kind of Battlebard (deadly dance + Cadence).
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mwpeck View Post
    That is very similar to my own build (25/17/24, as/rift/bd), though I must ask, how come you do not have boosted recovery or exceptional resilience? That's both 6% more healing and 6% damage reduction......how well would that work on a lesser geared player?
    the heal from rift scavenger is based on your total health, which makes great fortitude just as good as the other talents imo. i haven't theorycrafted it though. at my gear level it doesn't really matter. i just like seeing more health and i take on like 4-5 elites at a time in stage 4's so i feel like the big heal when one dies is more helpful.

to be honest, when i was lesser geared i left the majors alone and plowed through minors until i got to the end bosses where i would switch to battle bard. the leeching poison change may make that unnecessary now. i dunno.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 10-25-2011 at 06:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread