+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spike Charge not stacking ??

Soulwalker

Default Spike Charge not stacking ??

Hello everyone,

This is my first rogue character - Have a lvl 50 cleric - and playing sab is definitely really fun
    There's only one thing that bothers me, is that my spike charge doesn't stack at all O_o

Is that a known bug or anything? Whether i detonate 1 or 5 charges the mob buff stays the same - lvl 23, 88dmg over 9s - also damage affecting the mob aren't increased or anything else ....
    Am i doing it wrong??? The Splinter charge on its side is working correctly, the armor number is increased per stack.

Thanks,
    Anyol

Soulwalker

I have noticed this as well, I haven't actually tried to see if it is adding the damage up and only showing one ticker on the enemy, or if it isn't adding them up and only showing one, but it sure doesn't seem that it is working as intended.

I'll give it a try in a bit as I'm at work.

Rift Disciple

I can say that at level 50 Spike Charge works exactly as it should.

Tooltips are notorious for not being correct in cases where they may stack or talents amplify them, especially at lower levels, so I can't speak there.

lol at reading tooltips, did u ever once check to see if the dot tick at 1 charge or 5 charge was the same? because it's not.. this whole thread could have been avoided.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

lol at thinking tooltips wouldn't be broken. If only things weren't broken, lots of threads could be avoided.

Soulwalker

Yep, tried it just now with 5 charges on the normal dummy and it ticks at 36 each time when detonated. With 1 charge on the dummy it only ticks 7.

Now, the tooltip says that it does 96 per charge over 6 seconds. 96/6 is 16. I wouldn't think that armor would decrease the damage that much versus the normal dummy when at level 24...

Also, I'm only actually seeing it tick 4 times for 7 damage each time. So it seems to not actually be working as intended. At least according to the tooltips anyway.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistralis View Post
    I can say that at level 50 Spike Charge works exactly as it should.

Tooltips are notorious for not being correct in cases where they may stack or talents amplify them, especially at lower levels, so I can't speak there.
    So does your charge tick for at least 17 damage when you only have one on the target? Now, this is just going off of the charge's damage by itself, not weapon damage so I realize this isn't going to be truly effective... However, if it doesn't tick for at LEAST 17 each time, then I say it's not working correctly.

Of course, I could just be stupid and misinterpreting the tooltip and totally screwing things up, that's always a possibility... XD

Plane Touched

Dummies only have 26% armor. If that helps.

But yes, many tooltips are either incorrect or don't display all the information you need. This is why we parse.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

+ Reply to Thread