+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 40sin/16rs/10nb for pvp?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default 40sin/16rs/10nb for pvp?

    Here is the build I was thinking of using for pvp. I am only R4 so just thought this would give me alittle more durability.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...x0fodbR.Vckcbo

    let me know what you think are better alternatives.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Champion ninefourtyfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danron View Post
    Here is the build I was thinking of using for pvp. I am only R4 so just thought this would give me alittle more durability.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...x0fodbR.Vckcbo

    let me know what you think are better alternatives.

    thanks
    ya may not have enough burst dmg at your level to be competitive on wfs. Not much survivability besides stealth, youll get squish. If you are going for stalker phase, shadow mastery is a must.

  3. #3
    Champion Cinerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    508

    Default

    I'm using 40 Sin / 26 RS myself.

    + A lot of mobility. Cannot be kited.
    + 2 breakfree options (Shadow Stalk and Cut 'n Run)
    + Big healthpool, sitting at ~8k health selfbuffed @ Rank 8
    + Damage reduction from Rift Barrier, Phantom blow and Exceptional Resilience
    + Leeching Poison and Enduring Brew for some okay selfhealing
    + An interrupt with 8 second cooldown unaffected by GCD

    - No heal debuff
    - Need decent gear to burn down healers
    - Hardly any AOE
    - Only 1 defensive cooldown compared to NB/RS

    Sure, having no heal debuff can make killing wardens difficult and/or time-consuming, but they'll still die. Debilitating poison might not sound impressive, but I have found it to be very efficient in practise. I have no problem keeping myself alive in warfronts (and dominate open world pvp with this spec), although I guess it's a little harder for lower ranks.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Would I be better off putting the 15 points in infiltrator and 1 in assassin instead of 16 riftstalker?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xoboddR.xx0M0c

  5. #5
    Champion ninefourtyfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    I'm using 40 Sin / 26 RS myself.

    + A lot of mobility. Cannot be kited.
    + 2 breakfree options (Shadow Stalk and Cut 'n Run)
    + Big healthpool, sitting at ~8k health selfbuffed @ Rank 8
    + Damage reduction from Rift Barrier, Phantom blow and Exceptional Resilience
    + Leeching Poison and Enduring Brew for some okay selfhealing
    + An interrupt with 8 second cooldown unaffected by GCD

    - No heal debuff
    - Need decent gear to burn down healers
    - Hardly any AOE
    - Only 1 defensive cooldown compared to NB/RS

    Sure, having no heal debuff can make killing wardens difficult and/or time-consuming, but they'll still die. Debilitating poison might not sound impressive, but I have found it to be very efficient in practise. I have no problem keeping myself alive in warfronts (and dominate open world pvp with this spec), although I guess it's a little harder for lower ranks.
    I havent run a heal debuff since the patch on wfs, so many mms in greens spamming vm. I still like heavy sin for world pvp, I prefer 51 sin / 15 inf tho.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danron View Post
    Would I be better off putting the 15 points in infiltrator and 1 in assassin instead of 16 riftstalker?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xoboddR.xx0M0c
    You would be better off going 10 in Inf instead of in NB.

    You would also be better off going to at least 20 in RS or not really bothering with it too much.

    You would also, imo, be better off with Backstab and Poison Mastery and not Imp FB/SS.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts