+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Fix guns or break bows make them =

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default Fix guns or break bows make them =

    Was so disappointed when I realized as a guardian my p8 ranged weapon is a bow!
    For those that may not know bows leave a trail behind the shot that lets everyone know exactly where you are shooting from. Guns do not. As a MM when i cast purge everyone sees it and can make the decision to rebuff themselves. With a gun you can be purged without even knowing the MM is there. Not sure if guns have the same travel time as bows (hard to tell when they dont have a graphic) so not gonna go there.

    With as many people playing rogues these day I think this is a big deal not game breaking but should be fixed.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Could be worse, you could be a healer. Whenever a cleric or mage casts a heal they throw a hand up in the air like they're saying, 'I'm over here, come PK me'.

    Sure gun would be an advantage, but it's such a small one I don't see it as an issue.

    Send in a feedback, I'm sure they'll triage it and file it under the 'we'll get to it next century' category.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-25-2011 at 05:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Malupit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    238

    Default

    This is true, trails is a sign "I'm OVER HERE, COME GET SOME!"

    Also, gun is faster than bow, way faster, that's how I tag mobs, and kill steal. :P

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Guns do most DPS from range weapons due to Flight Time


    I tried raising this issue but everyone ignored

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    <3 my defiant guns, as guardian you have to get hk trash gun or relic gun or your hosed, sorry it's true. dont see them changing this since it makes sense logically.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post
    Guns do most DPS from range weapons due to Flight Time


    I tried raising this issue but everyone ignored
    the dps doesn't really change due to the flight time

    it is a distict advantage in pvp over bows though-

    Might I suggest farming Hammerknell I know the trash and akylios drops guns that you can use in pvp(hit is awesome in pvp)

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malupit View Post
    This is true, trails is a sign "I'm OVER HERE, COME GET SOME!"

    Also, gun is faster than bow, way faster, that's how I tag mobs, and kill steal. :P
    And such a great thing to be proud of

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    the dps doesn't really change due to the flight time

    it is a distict advantage in pvp over bows though-

    Might I suggest farming Hammerknell I know the trash and akylios drops guns that you can use in pvp(hit is awesome in pvp)
    actually the dps does change significantly, flight time is real life time and dps is based off of real life time, especially for things like marksman where you have to hit the target to get your crystal to proc, or the headshot buff to proc etc... with a gun you can shoot headshot then your next atk has the buff, with a bow you shoot headshot, and then your next atk, and then your 3rd atk has the buff, it's quite a big dps loss fully geared as MM. ofc if you are in melee range you wont notice the difference, but at 35m it's huge.

    same as playing 46sab, at 30m u have to wait for the charge to attach to detonate, in melee u dont.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Taleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    actually the dps does change significantly, flight time is real life time and dps is based off of real life time, especially for things like marksman where you have to hit the target to get your crystal to proc, or the headshot buff to proc etc... with a gun you can shoot headshot then your next atk has the buff, with a bow you shoot headshot, and then your next atk, and then your 3rd atk has the buff, it's quite a big dps loss fully geared as MM. ofc if you are in melee range you wont notice the difference, but at 35m it's huge.

    same as playing 46sab, at 30m u have to wait for the charge to attach to detonate, in melee u dont.
    you just answered too many of my damn questions as to my lag in effects since I got Lightning Kiss.....
    all I can say... I hate you Hoko :P

    thanks for the explination ^^

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    well then the devs need to fix this

    bows should only be cosmetically different not functionally
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-25-2011 at 06:01 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    you just answered too many of my damn questions as to my lag in effects since I got Lightning Kiss.....
    all I can say... I hate you Hoko :P

    thanks for the explination ^^
    yea i laugh when i see r8 rogues using lightning kiss which the dps loss before things like buffs not working is the difference between wearing 1 whetstone or 2.. the difference just gets bigger the more gear you have lol.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    well then the devs need to fix this

    bows should only be cosmetically different not functionally
    So you want arrows to travel as fast as bullets... Or bullets as slow as arrows?

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    So you want arrows to travel as fast as bullets... Or bullets as slow as arrows?
    neither, it's fine the way it is imo :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Or they could just add a gun on the PVP vendors. Problem solved.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Taleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Die Hoko,
    just die mate.....

    Tal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts