+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard motif suggestion to fix general bard boredom?

Plane Touched

Default Bard motif suggestion to fix general bard boredom?

I am apparently the only person I know who semi enjoy's playing a bard as my rogue (granted that's not a massive pool /shrug). The number one complaint everyone I've talked to has and the main aspect I don't enjoy of the bard is manually spamming all the motifs.

One of my guildies who often is the main raid bard and bored to tears made a suggestion the other day and I felt it was worth posting.

Add a 44 point root coda/finisher

"Extended Verse"

20meter range, cannot be blocked, parried, or dodged. More combo points spent reduces cost. Extends durration of all motifs currently in effect based on number of combo points spent:
    1 combo point 14 seconds
    2 combo points 18 seconds
    3 combo points 22 seconds
    4 combo points 26 seconds
    5 combo points 30 seconds

This would free up a bard more to be able to focus on using other abilities and playing the game vs. spending a huge amount of time just manually pressing buttons in a sequence repetitively.

The durration of refresh could be adjusted to balance if needed etc.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmaru View Post
    I am apparently the only person I know who semi enjoy's playing a bard as my rogue (granted that's not a massive pool /shrug). The number one complaint everyone I've talked to has and the main aspect I don't enjoy of the bard is manually spamming all the motifs.

One of my guildies who often is the main raid bard and bored to tears made a suggestion the other day and I felt it was worth posting.

Add a 44 point root coda/finisher

"Extended Verse"

20meter range, cannot be blocked, parried, or dodged. More combo points spent reduces cost. Extends durration of all motifs currently in effect based on number of combo points spent:
    1 combo point 14 seconds
    2 combo points 18 seconds
    3 combo points 22 seconds
    4 combo points 26 seconds
    5 combo points 30 seconds

This would free up a bard more to be able to focus on using other abilities and playing the game vs. spending a huge amount of time just manually pressing buttons in a sequence repetitively.

The durration of refresh could be adjusted to balance if needed etc.

Thoughts?
    Not a bad idea, but my main gripe with Motifs is not that they take up too much of my time but that they are repetetive and not fun to use. I don't need something to make them easier to keep up, I need something that makes me think about what I'm doing and how it might be done better.

All this would do is make you spam cadence more often

(Gear)

Plane Touched

Depending on what the raid/group needs at the time you might be right adnoz.

I guess to me it would be a nice step in the right direction and at least gives you the option to perform in different directions vs. spending a huge chunk of time just refreshing motiffs over and over.

I do agree with Kieth that it would be nice to make them become a hard but viable decision that you have to make between motiffs but it seems like that would require making them more powerful which seems unlikely.

Champion

If you're bored playing Bard then call raid strat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmaru View Post
    Depending on what the raid/group needs at the time you might be right adnoz.
    He's entirely right. Unless there are multiple mobs all you're doing is Cadence then Wrath/Restoration with the motifs every 30. Even with multiple mobs it's just Distress/Cowardice then Fury/Restoration instead. Sure we get Jeopardy in 1.6 but odds are that'll fall into Archon duty even though ours last longer. What bards need, if anything, is choice. A finisher that plays the class for you isn't helping anything.

Your finisher also doesn't specify whether it refreshes on those out of line of sight or out of the 35m motif range.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

+ Reply to Thread