+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1.5 PvP Vid - Boomx

Default 1.5 PvP Vid - Boomx

So I wanted to put together a montage of some good fights throughout 1.5, but because of my recent decision to retire my rogue for PvP I wanted to share an almost fully recorded game (youtube some how cut off like 2 mins of the vid) of me playing in Codex.

Summary of the video:

- Defiants win 1000-999, amazingly close game
    - Me working together with my team, means controlling/defending Codex and Scope
    - NO PREMADE, THIS IS A COMPLETELY SOLO VENTURE
    - A few lower ranking players fell victim to me, but so did some equally ranked players as well
    - Music in the background was the music I was listening to on StereoLove Pandora statio (good to listen to while PvPing)
    - I'm not using a full NB/RS spec, or a full MM spec - it's an old spec that has become some what obsolete in the age of the pure ranged spec, or the pure melee spec
    - Just my overall style of play

Critics are welcome, as this may be my first and last rogue PvP video for now (playing my mage!), I still would like to hear what people say about how I play, or my video editing skills (lol).

Enjoy!

PS - VYBZ THIS WAS NOT A PREMADE, NO ONE FROM MY GUILD, OR ANYONE I WOULD EVER PVP WITH FROM MY SERVER IS IN THE GAME. NO POCKET HEALING, OR MARKING (since I was lead) OCCURRED.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tigruz; 10-24-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    <Retired>

I believe the spec is widely known as gunblade.

Dunsparrows blog for more deets.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-24-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I believe the spec is widely known as gunblade.

Dunsparrows blog for more deets.
    Gunblade 1.0, he changed it to get Blackout later, which I don't have. I don't know where he distributed his points in MM, but I just altered the spec from Nightman to what I have now when 1.5 hit.
    <Retired>

Shield of Telara

Default Premade

OMG premade stop cheating!

I love codex for this reason get more these close battles than any other warfront. Had a 997 to 1000 the other night wish I recorded it cause it was an amazing comback we lost but were originally down 100 to 650. Anyways good fight
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

This is a premade and there is no skill involved whatsoever!
    ~Quiescent

Hey bro you forgot your barbed shot hotkey! hth

In all seriousness nice video very enjoyable. Nice to see what a well played rogue can do.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-24-2011 at 02:32 PM.

nice vid, good match, good spec looks fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    PS - VYBZ THIS WAS NOT A PREMADE, NO ONE FROM MY GUILD, OR ANYONE I WOULD EVER PVP WITH FROM MY SERVER IS IN THE GAME. NO POCKET HEALING, OR MARKING (since I was lead) OCCURRED.
    What does this have to do with me?

I never realized calling you out hurt so much you had a put a disclaimer.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    What does this have to do with me?

I never realized calling you out hurt so much you had a put a disclaimer.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    Nah it doesn't hurt, it's just funny anytime I play against you, you decide to claim its I'm in a premade. Some of the time you are correct, but most you aren't.

At least you stopped by to read the thread.

Carry on.
    <Retired>

Some of the time you are correct.
    Check and mate, good sir.

You run premades abusing the duo queue system, you kill under geared opponents, and then post videos as if it's skill.

If I call you out you deny deny deny. And yet the quote above proves me right.

Did I miss anything?

No? OK.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-24-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Check and mate, good sir.

You run premades abusing the duo queue system, you kill under geared opponents, and then post videos as if it's skill.

If I call you out you deny deny deny. And yet the quote above proves me right.

Did I miss anything?

No? OK.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    I didn't say the video was skill, I was just posting a fun game. I duo queue sometimes because I don't want to sit in queue for 34 minutes at a time just to play with some friends (we're a raiding guild, not a hardcore PvP guild).

I even stated in the description of the video, I killed some undergeared players, and I killed some equally geared players. Read what you want, but it's all there. This video wasn't posted to brag, or gloat about anything. I wanted to post a video to display a non-generic spec (something of the likes you run) and how it works in today's game.

And I never deny the premades. I always say in /yell that I brought all 14, or 19 of my friends to the Warfront and we're communicating in my mumble elaborate strategies to thwart the guardian assault.

Other people seemed to enjoy a fun PvP video, so if you don't have anything else constructive, or critical to type (in regards to the content of the video and/or my game play) then;

Carry on.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 10-24-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    <Retired>

Other people seemed to enjoy a fun PvP video, so if you don't have anything else constructive, or critical to type (in regards to the content of the video and/or my game play) then;

Carry on.
    I would have left this thread alone but you had to mention my name; so here I am. I'm replying to you in the context of your PS, that for some reason, you dedicated to me. I'm glad you admit that you run premades. Because it truly is funny when I catch you in Warfronts without one you die constantly; as with the rest of the Brocliff Defiants.

If you need to duo queue premades to beat PuGs what does that really say about that "skill" you're so proud of?

I'm glad I could touch a nerve.

My work here is done. I shall leave you and your silly thread alone now.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-24-2011 at 08:26 PM.

I would have left this thread alone but you had to mention my name; so here I am. I'm replying to you in the context of your PS, that for some reason, you dedicated to me. I'm glad you admit that you run premades. Because it truly is funny when I catch you in Warfronts without one you die constantly; as with the rest of the Brocliff Defiants.

If you need to duo queue premades to beat PuGs what does that really say about that "skill" you're so proud of?

I'm glad I could touch a nerve.

My work here is done. I shall leave you and your silly thread alone now.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    Make a video and display your amazing "pug" skills please. I die constantly without a premade? I'm sorry I didn't die at all in this vid, as with many other times that I queue solo. When you do "catch" me on those non-premade queues your guardian side completely rolls our side.

I'm glad I roped you into this thread enough to continue posting, really you are helping me bump this thread to the top of the forums each and every time you post!

I would love to see me die constantly, please provide visual evidence of this accusation! And I honestly doubt that the 2 people that I play with as a "premade" are enough to win every Warfront. Maybe you just need to organize your Guardians a bit better.

Once again Vybz, thanks for bumping my silly thread! I can't thank you enough.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 10-24-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    <Retired>

get a room already you two

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast