+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fastest way to gain prestige level for a rogue

Rift Disciple

Default Fastest way to gain prestige level for a rogue

Hello,

Currently I'm P4 (80%) and It takes forever I'm looking for ways to get prestige quicker.
    I do all my dailies accept kill 25 guardians because I'm in a PVE server.
    I try to do 3-5 PVP rifts daily, and on weekends when we get warfront bonuses I enter warfront plenty of times. Problem is I mostly end up against a grouped guardians and we get spawn camped.

I know some people are just going to say fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out fan out. But it gets boring, If I see we have no bard in the raid I switch over since I'm useless in DMG.

I use my PVE Gear for pvp since I deal alot more damage but die quicker, once I hit P6 I'll start using my pvp gear since it will be equal to my PVE gear + valor.

Would it be best if I switch to a PVP Server?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FaiKKo View Post
    I use my PVE Gear for pvp since I deal alot more damage but die quicker, once I hit P6 I'll start using my pvp gear since it will be equal to my PVE gear + valor.

Would it be best if I switch to a PVP Server?
    PvPing has the same rules as PvEing. A dead DPS does no DPS. Get in your PvP gear.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 10-24-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    PvPing has the same rules as PvEing. A dead DPS does no DPS. Get in your PvP gear.
    this, i have hk pve gear and im only R5... i ear full pvp gear in pvp, a dead dps does 0 dps.

also the speed doesnt change no matter ur spec or class, just never sleep and farm warfronts, find the one that u win the most of (it's never the weekend one, the guardians always premade the weekend one) and just do that one and none of the others, u will win much more and lvl faster. this past weekend defiants in my cluster were winning most of the codexes and losing all the whitefalls (weekend was whitefall) so i just did codexes and got a sizeable chunk of prestige.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

OP, spamming fan out will just get you killed faster. I always look for the fan out nubs and focus on them. They don't notice the CP builders, then *wham* comes RFS and they dead. Only time it doesn't work is against premades where they have a lot of healers and coordination. Fan out has its uses to keep people from getting the fang, from shards in whitefall and if you got good healers and want to clear the bridge in scion. Use it strategically, don't spam it 100%. I mostly went bard from p1-p5 during the 1.4 days. Once you hit p6 you get some good upgrades and can start putting out good damage.

You just have to keep on playing to get the presitge. There are no shortcuts other than veteran potion rewards Premades make a big difference. We ran two groups on vent on saturday in whitefall and wiped the floor about 90% of the time and I got 200k prestige(with potions) and was one step closer to r8 and dinged on sunday. Once the premades breakup and I'm by myself or just one other the guardian pugs get stomped and it's not much fun. Unfortunately there's too many idiots who won't mark and focus fire in pugs.
    Fyra | R8 Rogue | Retired | Shatterbone

Rift Master

It depends, I wear my full HK gear and just make Chloros cry themselves to sleep. Fan out is good during certain situations, but I tend to just focus healers and dispell the warriors / rogues that charge into our healers.

MM is definitely the way to go for grinding to P8 and if you're undergeared imo, just don't spam fan out if you don't want attention.
    Last edited by Kublakan; 10-24-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Farm warfronts. Save vials for bonus weekends and gogogo. If you find your battlegroup is suffering from premades, you need to put your own together or you will lose the majority of the time. Plus it's actually fun (surprise surprise) when you get your own regular premade going and you go up against other premades you've fought before. We actually share our vent with a guardian premade sometimes LOL

I used this bard spec for several of the more painful prestige ranks. Great for bonus weekends and every map but Codex.

If you find you are getting rolled, you can go 51sin and just try to pick off stragglers 1v1 until the end of match. Even a rickroll loss can be fun - better than sitting in graveyard and whining like somebody just shot your dog
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Xsi

The problem is that you are 'grinding' PvP. That is absolutely the easiest way to burn out (especially in RIFT). I would not recommend it for anyone.

1. Capitalize playtime on weekends on the bonus warfront.
    2. Don't run a premade for grinding - you will likely only get into half or less of the warfronts (especially with afk members) that a solo would get into. You may lose far more but you'll net more in the grind. Try to queue immediately after a winning warfront; wait a few moments if you lose more than a couple in succession (you'll notice that you are playing with the same people a lot).
    3. In between warfront queues, do your dailies (unless you want to zerg it with a raid).
    4. Only do PvP rift grind if you want a challenge. It's less favor/prestige than queuing unless you are killing repeatedly during it. However, you need to get the notoriety as well.
    5. Only run 44+ MM if you absolutely have no PvP gear. Full MM is not the best in most PvP situations in open world or warfronts (you'll get run down far more often because you sit in back/have low health/tend to separate yourself from your group/and use a highly visible graphic, Fan Out = come kill me). Learn where to position yourself near your group (far enough away not to get hammered by AoE) but within LoS of a few of the group members.

... Don't grind. Enjoy it. Since your Defiant, also remember to PvP with your team members if you have are getting trashed by the other team while you wait for the next game. (If you're Guardian ignore this last bit)
    Last edited by Xsi; 10-24-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Soulwalker

Default Fan Out?

Fan Out Sucks. I'd prefer my teammates spam Eradicate.
    (with exception of keeping the enemy mob from picking stuff up)

Quote Originally Posted by Maladept View Post
    Fan Out Sucks. I'd prefer my teammates spam Eradicate.
    (with exception of keeping the enemy mob from picking stuff up)
    yes, i only spam fan out if there is an objective node nearby or the other team is in the poll position and have tons of healers (in which case spreading the VM is mandatory), but 99% of the time i just single target focus ppl down and spam eradicate on the hard to kill targets. if a melee jumps me i eradicate all their buffs before i even start to atk them, once they are buffless kiting becomes super easy, especially with a knockback and a retreat ability.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    this, i have hk pve gear and im only R5... i ear full pvp gear in pvp, a dead dps does 0 dps.
    ಠ_ಠ...

Valor only helps if you're being hit.
    ~Quiescent

@OP
    I plaid Quake 2 CTF for almost 10 years, every day. There were no ranks, gear or anything else, just mindless head smashing and a score board at the end of a match and i still did it for so long

What im trying to say is that, try playing for fun because you like PvPing not because you want top gear and youll get there. If you look at it as a grind your bar will never move.
    Last edited by Blays; 10-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

AFK in stealth, if you get caught Fan Out spam.
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6849/senokasigzl1.jpg
    Senoko - R50 Rogue, Greybriar - Guardian
    Subscribe/Watch my vids! - http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzSenoko
    Check out my livestream! http://www.twitch.tv/Senoko
    Latest PvP video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AV7xpAFSg

Shadowlander

At lower levels I find it best to chuck the ego and assist assist assist. If the healers are marked, I purge them. Also purge the other rogues and that power house warrior. I notice most will not notice that their buffs are gone.
    Also help kill the lone player whacking on the healer.
    this might not guarantee a win, but it def seems to help

Quote Originally Posted by Senoko View Post
    AFK in stealth, if you get caught Fan Out spam.
    Just go die in a fire, I wish I could donkey punch people through the computer monitor who do this, they are just leaching scumbags and the reason pre-mades roftstomp pugs. Why even play a game if you aren't even going to play. Do you steal money from cash registers, or shoplift too? Cheat on your homework and tests? Plagiarize your term papers or pay somebody else to write them? Is this you? http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/

+ Reply to Thread