+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp

Soulwalker

Default Pvp

I keep hearing people complain about pvp rogues. What spec are they mad about? I've been running 51ass/15inf for a while now and never really noticed that big of a change.

Just curious.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ZoidbergPhD View Post
    I keep hearing people complain about pvp rogues. What spec are they mad about? I've been running 51ass/15inf for a while now and never really noticed that big of a change.

Just curious.
    ....but you have STEALTH !

...probably easier to state which Spec they don't complain about - and that would be Bard........

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    ....but you have STEALTH !

...probably easier to state which Spec they don't complain about - and that would be Bard........
    Naaah they complain about bards as well =)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Miffo View Post
    Naaah they complain about bards as well =)
    Rightfully so. A bard is way more useful in PvP than an archon.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 10-24-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Plane Touched

People complain about the 500+ Marksmen rogues in every WF - but typically these fanout spamming dolts are awful and bad and die within a matter of 1 to 2 GCDs max. Except me, I'm that one MM that you think is a free kill that ends up GCD-GGing you which causes you (figuratively) to the boards to QQ and thus the cycle is perpetuated.

Of course there's also the RS/NB spec that's a warping, heal debuffing, damage mitigating, self healing painus in the anus, that a lot of bad players have started playing poorly but does a good job of eating other classes regardless of the player's skill.

Then there's my favorite which is the basic 51sin/15inf spec that can burst down most players sub 7k health in a matter of seconds, without stuns. People complain because this spec gets stealth and vanish so you can basically spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon following around groups running Rifts, killing them 1 at a time without them getting a chance at killing you back.

These are the specs I notice people mostly complaining about but you know, cry babies will cry... we still can't beat a S&B RB with 8-9k health and a full heal off CD 1v1, so whatever.

NB/RS gets billed as the invulnerable beast tanking entire raids while killing people, although Trion appears to be slowly reducing the effectiveness of the defensive cooldowns.

MM fanout spam is hated mostly for its ridiculously fast application of vampiric munitions to packs of people ( which is getting nerfed). The damage is also complained about when you get 3-4 of them spamming it, although IMO mages and cabs hit quite a bit harder, it is in vogue to whine about rogues.

Only other niche that solicits rivers of tears is shard running specs. IMO either shards/stones should give a movement speed debuff or the running builds need another nerf because it is kinda silly trying to catch one, lol.

Personally 51sin is still my favorite and it's fallen under the QQkachoo radar
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 10-24-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by ZoidbergPhD View Post

Just curious.
    people are complaining about rogues cause of the number of them that's really it nothing else to really complain about.. NB/RS is a little strong but not insane or anything.. just when you see half the raid MM of course people are going to whine about it(it is pretty annoying I will admit). Also might want to try one of my spec's(in sig) 51sIN/15iNF is incredibly boring imho...
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

+ Reply to Thread