+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New to Rift, and its obvious rogues are OP

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift, and its obvious rogues are OP

I am brand new to Rift, I just bought the game on Oct 13, 2011 and I have been playing for 1 week and 3 days and I can already tell rogues are extremely overpowered. I bought the game because it was on sale for $5 and I am very bored with WoW where I have an 85 Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Warlock, Death Knight, Warrior and a 76 shaman and reached 2800 on my rogue in arenas.

I played Rift during the open beta but never made it out of Silverwood and did not engage in pvp during that time.

I am leveling one of each class with my Warlock/Chloro healer being the furthest along. I play on a PvP server.

It is very obvious that Rogues are extremely over powered. Only my warrior can outlive a stun lock and thats only because he is full tank spec with 3 tank souls, he of course dies to rogues because he can hardly do any damage.

Today is the first day I have visited the Rift forums and I see that their are many forum posts complaining about how overpowered Rogues are. Their are of course the people who deny these accusations but even in WoW their are trolls who will look at the sun and call it the moon.

Rogues are very overpowered, it is very obvious.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Breca View Post
    I am brand new to Rift, I just bought the game on Oct 13, 2011 and I have been playing for 1 week and 3 days and I can already tell rogues are extremely overpowered. I bought the game because it was on sale for $5 and I am very bored with WoW where I have an 85 Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Warlock, Death Knight, Warrior and a 76 shaman and reached 2800 on my rogue in arenas.

I played Rift during the open beta but never made it out of Silverwood and did not engage in pvp during that time.

I am leveling one of each class with my Warlock/Chloro healer being the furthest along. I play on a PvP server.

It is very obvious that Rogues are extremely over powered. Only my warrior can outlive a stun lock and thats only because he is full tank spec with 3 tank souls, he of course dies to rogues because he can hardly do any damage.

Today is the first day I have visited the Rift forums and I see that their are many forum posts complaining about how overpowered Rogues are. Their are of course the people who deny these accusations but even in WoW their are trolls who will look at the sun and call it the moon.

Yep Trion likes having a OP class but Rogues are by far the worse they have done. Never before have i seen a rogue class able to litterally heal to full health and repeatedly go Immune. But just wait till you get to 50 pvp your gonna cry until you get up in rank.

the amazing amount of misinformation people have is astounding
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

0.5-1.5 stuns is now considered a stunlock.

Sub level 50 mages should have no problem killing rogues. Soul Purge is your friend, as is Break Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Sub level 50 mages should have no problem killing rogues. Soul Purge is your friend, as is Break Free.
    Post 50 mages have no problem beating rogues either. But I wouldn't depend on soul purge post 50:P
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Ascendant

Just curious, why did you give the Rift forums your WoW resume? Is that supposed to give you more credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    0.5-1.5 stuns is now considered a stunlock.
    Unless you are R1 or have no valor gear and they are R8 you will not drop that fast. It takes no time at all to get 900 valor on you giving you about 36% reduction. Will you have a shot in hell vs an R8 of course not but thats unfortunately how this games pvp was designed but no one will kill you in under 2 seconds

Banned

wow... b!tching cause he gets stunned.... use break free then scrub

Rift Chaser

this just in: break free has no cd, soul purge available on every spec and requires no charge and the gcds it takes to purge/heal etc >>> than incoming dmg from a rogue
    Last edited by Greggatron; 10-23-2011 at 06:13 PM.

pro

Lol at all the rogues defending there being OP. I personally careless about rogues bc unless i see them first i just detaunt and flicker away. But its quite obvious there OP i litterally ran WF 7hrs straight and saw 8rogues 3mages(including myself),3 clerics and 1 warrior in every WF i ran. Thats half the warfront!! Please stop trying to defend it, of course there were a couple random wf where this wasnt the case but its hard to ignore all the glowing arrows and daggers flying w
    around the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Lol at all the rogues defending there being OP. I personally careless about rogues bc unless i see them first i just detaunt and flicker away. But its quite obvious there OP i litterally ran WF 7hrs straight and saw 8rogues 3mages(including myself),3 clerics and 1 warrior in every WF i ran. Thats half the warfront!! Please stop trying to defend it, of course there were a couple random wf where this wasnt the case but its hard to ignore all the glowing arrows and daggers flying w
    around the screen.
    Lol at your sorry attempt at grammar, punctuation and general command of the English language.

Rogues are not OP, we just take advantage of weaker souls.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kithiel View Post
    Lol at your sorry attempt at grammar, punctuation and general command of the English language.
    First sign of loosing the argument, make personal attacks.

aux

It's obvious to everyone except bad rogues.
    I'm so BORED

I am brand new to Rift, I am leveling one of each class with my Warlock/Chloro healer being the furthest along. I play on a PvP server.
    You talk about being very experienced in WoW. Cool stuff!

Do you also remember in WoW when mages and rogues remain at lvl70 twinks, get sunwell gear, and dominate all other classes?

This is because after a game's release, balancing is done at max level after players are to the end of the leveling curve. Is lvl30 PvP reeetardly imbalanced when the first rogue gets the new and improved twilight trancendence that's balanced to be a part of lvl50 soul combinations? Probably.

There is one combination of rogue souls that provides slightly excessive survivability, but you really have no idea what you're talking about, other than observing massive tears on the forums, and hopping on without even observing lvl50 pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast