+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1.6 riftstalker suggestions compilation

RIFT Guide Writer

Default 1.6 riftstalker suggestions compilation

Hello fellow Riftstalkers,

I hate to start a new thread but all the current suggestions are scattered through numerous posts in different forums (Mainly PTS & Rogue forum). Since we have no Dev interactions with rogue concerns (I'm jealous of warriors / mages), I decided to give a summary of the suggestions given from the community. Please add in your thoughts & Feedback on suggestions and also please keep it constructive. Feel free to throw in your own suggestions.

1. Accurate Damage Taken Suggestion
    2. Riftstalker Suggestions
    2.1 Deflection
    2.2 Physical Mitigation (Deflection omitted)
    2.3 Utilities
    2.4 Finishers
    2.5 Scalability
    2.6 Ability Improvements
    3. Thanks
    4. References

1. ACCURATE DAMAGE TAKEN SUGGESTION

If Trion wants to obtain the most accurate data, I suggested doing the following

Have a NPC in town you can interact with that will continuously hit you for the same physical damage (be it 10K for example). The NPC would also always heal you for same amount after each hit (10K in this case). This way you can easily compare the damage taken between tanks over any amount of time / # of hits.

Note: This could very easily be added with magical damage as well and help out clerics at the same time.

2. RIFTSTALKER SUGESTIONS

Now let's begin with the suggestions provided by the rogue community. These suggestions are on the basis that Trion decided to implement a deflect mechanic for rogues (which is the case on the PTS). To not make these suggestions too long, I will not include any math to them. I divided these suggestions in three sections: Deflection, Physical Mitigation (not including deflection), Utilities & Scalability.

2.1 DEFLECTION

**There will be no +deflection added to items and it will scale with dext. Many Trinkets & Greater essences modified to work with Deflect or Block. Confirmed by Dev on 2011/10/25,

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We do not currently plan to add +deflect to a bunch of items. The current intent is to scale with Dex.

Many trinkets have been modified to work with deflect or block.

A number of greaters also have been modified. Sorry was running to a meeting as I typed out that earlier reply :P

~Daglar
    1) Change the Deflect mechanic so it deflects every physical attacks (Your chance to deflect would be 100% regardless of gear). Have the deflect % amount scale with gear but lower it from it's current value. Since we'll be deflecting every single attack, we should deflect for less damage than warriors / clerics block for. So perhaps just deflecting something like 30-40% physical damage (this % would have to be tested obviously) every single attack would close the gap in the physical damage taken between tanks. This would make our damage taken consistent. Warriors / clerics would take more damage if they did not block attacks, they would also take a lot less on blocked attacks. This is my personal favorite suggestion for deflection.

2) Bring our Deflection chance on Par with Clerics / Warrior block. Our current deflection chance is less than half what warriors / clerics obtain with similar gear levels. This could be done many ways. Doubling the coefficient of deflect rating, changing deflect rating or even simply changing the Deflect Rating to 1 Dext = 2 Deflect rating instead of 1 Deflect Rating. Whatever method is used by Trion doesn't really matter, I think we would all be happy with obtaining similar Deflect chance / Deflect % amount than the Block Warriors and Clerics have with equal gear levels.

3) Warriors / Clerics have traits & abilities to increase their chance to block. Give something similar for rogues or perhaps just have Guardian phase give an added 20-30% chance to deflect so we can compete with warriors / clerics. If the Diminish returns from Deflect rating does indeed begin at 45% (assumption from Mok with data to back it up), I would basically need 2000 Dext (Good luck having this) to have an equal % to deflect than the chance to block our cleric tank has with the current patch on the PTS. With 2000 Dext, I would still have 10% less chance to deflect than warriors have to block assuming equal gear.

2.2 PHYSICAL MITIGATION (DEFLECTION OMITTED)

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    There are some issues with Shadow Guard not working on several boss physical damage abilities. Examples of such abilities are Murdantix and Sicaron regular attacks. I'm fixing all of these currently.
    I am referring to the bosses' "attack" that is not mitigated by the player's incoming physical damage reduction.
    The bug is currently happening in both PTS and Live.
    **Shadow Guard was confirmed to be bugged for some HK bosses, extent of this is unknown at this time**

**The suggestions in this section below may not be required once Shadow Guard properly works in HK. My tests show we take the about the same physical damage as a warrior does from an unblocked attack on regular mobs**

See Link Below for details

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ior-tests.html

If we exclude the Block / Deflection mechanic (say an attack that wasn't blocked or deflected), we are still behind on physical mitigation when compared to clerics / warriors. (My data from Sicaron Parses shows about 10% behind clerics & 17% behind warriors with similar gear levels however, further testing would be needed. The best way to obtain accurate numbers would be the suggestion I gave at the beginning of this post.

1) Increase our armor value from Guarded steel. This would have to give us about 10% more physical mitigation from armor to be close to clerics. I'm not sure with the armor situation in 1.6 for warriors (I heard they may have less armor than they do now) so any changes would also depend on that.

2) Increase our physical mitigation from Shadow Guard. Since this is not additive, it would need to be greatly increased (probably at least doubled what it gives now) to have a similar effect than receiving 10% more physical mitigation from armor. The Shadow Guard Cap would have to be removed if this was done.

3) Remove the cap to Shadow Guard and make it account for every 250-300 armor after buffs. With full HK gear I have just above 10K armor buffed. This would give me 40% mitigation from Shadow guard if it were 250 Armor and 33.33% or mitigation from Shadow Guard for 300 armor. Testing would be needed to see which armor amount actually brings us on par with clerics.

4) Increase physical damage Absorption from rift guard. Pretty straightforward for this one, additive or not does not matter but just having the proper % that would balance out our physical damage taken compared to other tanks when they don't block. This is similar to the Shadow Guard suggestion.

5) Make our passive/active traits additive instead of multiplicative & make rift Guard's absorb happen before Deflect (Suggested by Khuj) to bring our Physical Mitigation on par with Clerics.

2.3 Utilities

I still consider utilities an issue. Warriors will basically lose one of their best utilities (Spotter's order) in the upcoming patch but they do have other utilities Rogues don't have such as Armor Pen (Cutting Distraction), Armor reduction (Leader's mark), Purge, etc. Obviously these vary based on which soul they chose to tank with but they are accessible in the lower part of the tree. Clerics can heal & have a battle rez. Rogues basically only have more mobility. Warrior tanks are also getting a overhaul and will likely be more viable with the different tanking souls. If this is done correctly, this should give warriors even more viable options (Rallying command from warlord, the many options from deep paladin, etc.). Give rogues some better utilities. We still have almost nothing that benefits the raid (physical wellness with a 1 and half minute cooldown being the only thing). Give us something useful (since warriors have many offensive ones, clerics have healing ones, I'd like to have Defensive ones for rogues).

1) Keep Physical wellness the way it is now but lower the cooldown. Also change it so it gives 1,500 health to the whole raid on top of increase their maximum health by 1,500. As it stands now it only increases the maximum health by 1,500. A possible option to make it slightly better at the same time is removing the GCD from it (especially if the change to make it heal 1,500 health is added).

2) Change Physical wellness to a 1,500 absorption on all raid members instead of 1,500 health. Lowering the cooldown of it to 45 seconds (just a random #, could be modified) and making it usesable off GCD would make it better. This pretty much has the exact same effect as 1) would with the proposed changes.

3) I've thought of other options for physical wellness such as making it absorb the next 1,500 * # of raid members damage throughout the raid. But this at the same time would make a tank absorb 30K damage if he was the only one taking the damage. I generally like this idea but there would have to be some restrictions applied so perhaps you can't absorb more then 5K damage per player or something like that. Be cool if it created a shadow of yourself that dies once it has absorbed the full amount. This would have a use for PvP & PvE at the same time.

4) Lower the health granted on Physical Wellness to 500 (value could be changed obviously) and have it become a permanent buff for riftstalkers (check out the Swiftkiss reference below for his suggestion on this).

5) I think having a taunt ability that can blink an enemy to the rogues location is something Riftstalkers have been wanting for a while. Check Paikis suggestion about this in the reference section below. This would be both beneficial in PvE & PvP at the same time.

6) Make planar switch into something more useful or improve the way it currently works. For example, change it to a passive ability so you can keep the combo points when changing targets.

7) Have a bubble we can use that absorbs a certain amount of magical damage for anyone inside of it. The damage the bubble can absorb would depend on the cooldown of the ability. (Longer the cooldown is more damage it could absorb and viceversa).

8) Ianto Jones suggested some very good Party Protection ideas. These are copied from his reference mentioned below:

*A. Ally of the Rift. All party and raid members within 35 meters take 10% less damage, and increases their resistances by 10. Lasts 1 hour. Obviously it should stack with other +resistance and -damage buffs.

*B. Mass Planar Refuge. All party and raid members take 30% less damage for 15 seconds. Does not affect the Riftstalker. 2 minute cooldown.

*C. Planar Blackout. All party and raid members become immune to all incoming damage and harmful effects for 3 seconds. Does not affect the Riftstalker. Causes Rift Exhaustion which prevents plane shifting for 15 seconds. Affected players cannot benefit from the effects of Planar Blackout for 5 minutes. 10 minute cooldown.

*D. Mass Rift Barrier. The next Plane Shift used by the Rogue expands Rift Barrier to all (or 10) nearby party and raid members. No cost. Does not trigger a global cooldown. 1 minute cooldown.

*E. The next Plane Shift used by the Rogue expands Rift Barrier to all (or 10) nearby party members, shielding them for 40% of the Rogue's max hitpoints. No cost. Does not trigger a global cooldown. 3 minute cooldown.

9) I'm also fine with offensive utilities as well. Perhaps have a finisher similar to annihilate deeper in the tree but it buffs the whole raids attack power by 15% or Spell power by 7.5% or whatever is deemed appropriate (10% / 5% for example). Most other offensive utilities are already covered by other classes.

10) Give rogues a purge ability

11) Planar Disruption Modification (suggested by Threx). Silences target for 5 seconds (number could be changed obviously)

2.4 FINISHERS

I'm pretty sure anyone that played on the PTS can agree that with only 1 finisher from the RS tree there's just something missing. I also don't understand why they made a change like this (removing Guarded Steel & Rift Guard from our current finishers) after it's been in the game for nearly 7 months. Some people seem to prefer this change but I am not one of the people. If this change is reverted, then I don't think we would need any new finishers however, if it stays the way it is now, we need at least 2 other finishers from Riftstalker. Since we have 3 in 1.5, we should also have at least 3 in 1.6.

**Dev responded that they are reverting some changes from the PTS and combining Guarded Steel with Rift Guard.

Just a heads up, we are looking at doing these changes to the Riftstalker from the last changes on PTS:
    1) Revert Annihilate to what it was in 1.5.
    2) Revert Guarded Steel to what it was in 1.5, except that the duration of the buff lasts 30 seconds.
    3) Rift Guard is now triggered by Guarded Steel and any Plane Shift abilities and lasts 30 seconds.
    4) We've asked the Dungeon team to look at the Sicaron encounter and make sure that the Riftstalker is able to tank this encounter effectively.
    This will bring us back up to 2 finishers in the Riftstalker Tree. I could live with this but I would still prefer having at least one more like the ones mentioned below.

1) Add in a increased % chance to deflect finisher. This goes well with some of the Deflection suggestions. This could be changed to an increased % deflect amount if option 2) of the Deflection section is implemented.

2) Have one of our finishers provide a new rogue utility. I've mentioned numerous utilities above.

3) Make rift scavenger more useful, Paikis suggested it adds a 100 point shield per combo point when using a finisher.

4) Have a new finisher that gives a small damage shield (maybe only absorbs 250 damage for example) to everyone in the raid.

5) Similarly, a new finisher that gives a reflective shield on all party / raid members that reflects up to 250 damage back to the attack. (this number could be higher or lower w/e would make it balance)

2.5 SCALABILITY

While browsing through warrior forums, I've noticed they are asking for better scalability. If we compare our current scalability with theirs it's terrible. If there getting improvements in this aspect we need MAJOR improvements.

1) Remove the reduced damage done while in Guardian phase for Riftstaker Skills. (30% is a quite steep). Keep this effect for none riftstalker skills, similar to what Justicar have (thanks Koe).

2) Make the Guardian Phase armor Bonus scale with one of the rogues stat. (for every X amount of Endurance, you gain Y armor for example).

3) To increase Rift guard's scalability, perhaps make it absorb additionally based on Endurance or Health. Check Paikis reference below on his suggestion on this.

4) Our Dodge / Parry combination is pretty much the worst between the 2 other tank classes, perhaps having Rift Guard to all give additional dodge / parry per X endurance point as suggested by Paikis. (If the dodge hard cap is indeed at 20% for rogues, it should really be increased because our parry % is much lower than clerics / warriors)

5) Have something to increase our parry rating.

6) Can we actually get Trinkets for rogue tanks instead of using the PVP one with 30 Endurance? http://rift.zam.com/en/item/BFA0DAE2...1/Way-of-Water is pretty beastly for clerics / warriors. I'm fine with this if they change it to include defletion as well.

7) I won't talk much about essences right now but when the next round of Raid Rifts comes out please make some more Rogue Tank Friendly, block does nothing for us. Some useful greater essences would be appreciated as well.

2.6 ABILITY IMPROVEMENTS

I've listed a lot of these in suggestions above. Here's a summary of Riftstalker abilities that need improvements or completely modified to make them more useful. I don't expect all of these to be implemented at the same time but many of them could be considered to make them more useful.

1) Toughened soul
    a) Increase the armor bonus it provides

2) Boosted Recovery
    a) Increase the healing benefits this provides, 6% is simply to low
    b) Change it so it provides more passive mitigation similar to Exceptional Resilience or perhaps even make it improve the mitigation provided by Exceptional resilience.

3) Exceptional Resilience
    a) Increase the passive mitigation it provides

4) Phantom Blow
    a) Increase the mitigation it provides

5) Rift Scavenger
    a) Make rift scavenger more useful, Paikis suggested it adds a 100 point shield per combo point when using a finisher

6) Improved Guardian Phase
    a) Improve the Guardian phase bonuses

7) Improve Guarded Steel
    a) Improved the Guarded Steel bonuses

8) Planar Switch
    a) Change it to a passive ability so you can keep the combo points when changing targets.
    b) Swap it with Rapid setup from the Saboteur soul. Ironically Planar Swift would actually be viable for them to convert their charges on another target
    c) Remove Planar Swift Completely for a new skill that provides utilities for the party / raid. (See utilities suggestions above)

9) Defer Death
    Excluding this ability, we have 28 Seconds of cooldown to survive an onslaught (Side Steps, Planar Refuge & Scatter of the Shadows). My experience is that I rarely even end up using this skill in the first place. It is very situational and because it is on GCD it makes it a lot worst.

a) Jereome suggested to change the ability to a passive ability but make only able to trigger once every 5 minutes or so.
    b) At the very least, I suggest to remove the GCD from the ability.

10) Physical Wellness

a) Keep Physical wellness the way it is now but lower the cooldown. Also change it so it gives 1,500 health to the whole raid on top of increase their maximum health by 1,500. As it stands now it only increases the maximum health by 1,500. A possible option to make it slightly better at the same time is removing the GCD from it (especially if the change to make it heal 1,500 health is added).
    b) Change Physical wellness to a 1,500 absorption on all raid members instead of 1,500 health. Lowering the cooldown of it to 45 seconds (just a random #, could be modified) and making it usesable off GCD would make it better. This pretty much has the exact same effect as 1) would with the proposed changes.
    c) I've thought of other options for physical wellness such as making it absorb the next 1,500 * # of raid members damage throughout the raid. But this at the same time would make a tank absorb 30K damage if he was the only one taking the damage. I generally like this idea but there would have to be some restrictions applied so perhaps you can't absorb more then 5K damage per player or something like that. Be cool if it created a shadow of yourself that dies once it has absorbed the full amount. This would have a use for PvP & PvE at the same time.
    d) Lower the health granted on Physical Wellness to 500 (value could be changed obviously) and have it become a permanent buff for riftstalkers (check out the Swiftkiss reference below for his suggestion on this).

11) Guardian Phase

a) Remove the reduced damage done while in Guardian phase for Riftstaker Skills. (30% is a quite steep). Keep this effect for none riftstalker skills, similar to what Justicar have (thanks Koe).
    b) Add a +deflect % mechanic while in Guardian phase

12) Stalker Phase
    With Complete tank gear my damage is pretty pitiful even in Stalker Phase. There are many encounters where a tank does not tank the whole fight. I will provide a few suggestions to make this phase better.

a) Give Stalker Phase an attack power bonus that scales with Endurance. This may cause PVP Imbalances since PvP gear does have a significant Endurance so that would have to be considered. Perhaps just making this not work vs other players would be a possible solution for this.
    b) Combine the usefulness of the Riftstalker abilities to also provide bonuses to Stalker Phase (This would have to be tested but an example of this is to make Riftstalker abilities do double their damage when in Stalker Phase). So Planar Strike / Phantom Blow / Guarded Steel / Annihilate do double their damage in stalker phase.

3. THANKS

Devious
    Gery
    Gyle
    Hellebron
    Ianto Jones
    Jereome
    Khuj
    Koe
    Kryptix
    McWaffles
    Mok
    Paikis
    Radak
    Swiftkiss
    Taemek
    Tatterdemalian
    Threx
    Zyzix (Only because his signature makes me laugh)
    Voodoo guild members
    Rogue Community & anyone that I may have missed

4. REFERENCES

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ole-1-6-a.html (Swiftkiss)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-feedback.html (Kryptix)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tstalkers.html (Kryptix)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...structive.html (Talaren)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...r-changes.html (Ianto Jones)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...periences.html (Hellebron)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ftstalker.html (Paikis)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-tanks.html (Paikis)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ftstalker.html (Paikis)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ion-1-0-a.html (Muffintop)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-vs-1-6-a.html (Muffintop)
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-29-2011 at 06:35 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Revision 1.

Added an 11th utility suggestion
    Added Jereome's Spreadsheet that compares damage taken between classes.

Revision 2.

Removed the spreadsheet for the time being until it is corrected. You can still see it on the bottom of this page but there appears to be a few things that need to be changed to it. Will add it again once this is corrected.

Revision 3.

Changed a few words to make things more clear.

Revision 4.

Added quote by Daglar confirming Dext will be the source of Deflection. Many Trinkets & Greater Essences to work with Deflect or Block.

Revision 5.

Added quote from Ailion that in regards of our finishers, see section 2.4
    Added new Section 2.6 (Ability Improvements) with suggestions on how to make some of our Riftstalker Abilities more useful.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-27-2011 at 06:19 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Reserved2

10char

Plane Touched

I love that image of shifting and leaving behind a shadow double of ourselves that absorbs x amount of damage then disappears. That would be a sweet cool down as well as a cool thing to see and would fit well with our image.

I think getting rid of our finishes is fine but we need more to do! Shifting is really the crux of what makes us different, so we should have cool downs and abilities linked to shifting.

The deflect needs to go off a base stat I think, not a derived one like dodge. But we need our items itemized with deflect just like warriors have theirs with block. And being lazy and saying rogues can use block gear for deflect is just not a good solution

Otherwise I think your list is great. Submit it to head office lol. Or get someone to sticky it or something!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatybetty View Post
    I love that image of shifting and leaving behind a shadow double of ourselves that absorbs x amount of damage then disappears. That would be a sweet cool down as well as a cool thing to see and would fit well with our image.

I think getting rid of our finishes is fine but we need more to do! Shifting is really the crux of what makes us different, so we should have cool downs and abilities linked to shifting.

The deflect needs to go off a base stat I think, not a derived one like dodge. But we need our items itemized with deflect just like warriors have theirs with block. And being lazy and saying rogues can use block gear for deflect is just not a good solution

Otherwise I think your list is great. Submit it to head office lol. Or get someone to sticky it or something!
    I won't be creating any other posts about rogue tanking issues since I've already done enough. It's not like were getting any Dev output on the much needed Rogue Tanking issues so I've decided to create this post. It also cross references all Riftstalker suggestion posts I found. I'm sure I have missed some and will be including them as well.

As for your question, I'm just going to copy paste something I've already posted about the whole Deflection to rogue gear below.

If there willing to implement Deflect on all rogue tank gear, I think this would take them quite some time to do so and you'll likely see some items they omitted to include Deflect on. I base this on the fact of the HK items they omitted to include stats on and these items still haven't been fixed.

This item for example, nearly 3 months after HK was released, they have yet to add endurance to it. This drops off Murdantix so they have had that amount of time to correct it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/C1AECEDD...th%27s-Advance

Adding deflect to all the current rogue tank gear would be nice but itemization mistakes are bound to happen and will only frustrate players.

If they have been carefully doing this for the last month or so than all items should be done already. I just don't see it being done without having itemization mistakes on numerous items. I may be proven wrong in the future we'll see.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-23-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Koe

2 things.

1.Justicar damage is reduced for non-justicar abilities, and reduced healing.

2. If we mitigate the same as warriors/clerics then our HP/endurance scaling needs to be lowered.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    2 things.

1.Justicar damage is reduced for non-justicar abilities, and reduced healing.
    Alright thanks, I'll modify that.

2. If we mitigate the same as warriors/clerics then our HP/endurance scaling needs to be lowered.
    For what it's worth, I have just as much Health as our cleric tank with practically identical HK gear. I have slightly more then our warrior tank (only like 500 more)

I did not do the math here it was done in 2 of my other posts that are referenced. Feel free to look at them for the current difference. Warriors should always be the #1 in mitigation if properly specced for it and I don't expect rogues to be equal to them (Warriors are the best now). I see no reasons why rogues are still so much behind clerics. (67% behind clerics on live from my tests, about 40% behind on the PTS). If we caught up with clerics we would still be ~10% behind warriors which is expected. A true test as suggested in Section 1 of my post would be needed to accurately measure this damage difference, but I don't think I'm too far off.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-23-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin911 View Post
    Alright thanks, I'll modify that.
    If you want the exact number, it's a 40% reduction in non-justicar abilities and a 40% reduction in healing provided by non-justicar abilities.

For what it's worth, I have just as much Health as our cleric tank with practically identical HK gear. I have slightly more then our warrior tank (only like 500 more)

I did not do the math here it was done in 2 of my other posts that are referenced. Feel free to look at them for the current difference. Warriors should always be the #1 in mitigation if properly specced for it and I don't expect rogues to be equal to them (They are the best now). I see no reasons why rogues are still so much behind clerics. (67% behind clerics on live from my tests, about 40% behind on the PTS). If we caught up with clerics we would still be ~10% behind warriors which is expected.

Sorry, reading it I thought you expected them to be equal. If not, just disregard what I said.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

RIFT Guide Writer

If you want the exact number, it's a 40% reduction in non-justicar abilities and a 40% reduction in healing provided by non-justicar abilities.
    Yeah the % reduction outside of RS is fine with me but ours also include RS abilities. Not that these do a whole lot of damage in the first place but reducing all riftstalker damage abilities by 30% I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-23-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Shield of Telara

Suggestions:

1. Change Guarded Steel to offer +10 Deflect and take it off of passive, but leave Rift Guard on passive, with any RS finisher.
    2. Take the 40% mitigation that guarded steel offers and roll it into Guardian phase, but have it offer 1% Armor increase per point you spend in Riftstalker for an additional 10% versus what we have now.
    3. Itemize our Rogue tank gear to offer similar avoidance to what Warriors get.

With the above changes Riftstalker will be within 500 damage of a good Void Knight spec on live in a fight where an npc attacks the tank 100 times for 3000 dmg a pop.

Void Knight:
    Damage breakdown
    Number Of Attacks 100
    Damage Per Hit 3000
    Hits Connected 84
    Total Damage Done 251569
    Total Damage Taken 37056
    Average Damage Taken Per Hit 442

Riftstalker:
    Damage breakdown
    Number Of Attacks 100
    Damage Per Hit 3000
    Hits Connected 75
    Total Damage Done 224098
    Total Damage Taken 37564
    Average Damage Per Hit 503

For those interested here is a little nifty spread sheet that Ive made on google docs to where you can play with the numbers. All of the gear entered in is the default R1 gear u get on test.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hGUXc&hl=en_US

Shield of Telara

Yeah the % reduction outside of RS is fine with me but ours also include RS abilities. Not that these do a whole lot of damage in the first place but reducing all riftstalker damage abilities by 30% I just don't get it.
    It needs to be brought in line with the Justicar stance to where it just debuffs abilities outside of Riftstalker.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    It needs to be brought in line with the Justicar stance to where it just debuffs abilities outside of Riftstalker.
    Agreed

10char

RIFT Guide Writer

1. Change Guarded Steel to offer +10 Deflect and take it off of passive, but leave Rift Guard on passive, with any RS finisher.
    Did you mean +10 deflect every 400 armor?

For those interested here is a little nifty spread sheet that Ive made on google docs to where you can play with the numbers. All of the gear entered in is the default R1 gear u get on test.
    Thanks, I'll mess around with it in a few.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 10-23-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Shield of Telara

Did you mean +10 deflect every 400 armor?

Thanks, I'll mess around with it in a few.
    No your thinking of shadow guard.

Mok
    Telaran

After playing Excel Mathcraft, I found the easiest (calculation-wise) way of getting our damage to within single digits of percentages of clerics, and only going above 10% within warriors when you are in gear less than HK:Epic.

Buff armor from 210% Coefficient to 310%, revert Shadow Guard buff (Only if the armor is buffed), and for crying out loud, remove the cap on Shadow Guard.

Assuming we are taking 40% extra damage compared to clerics, we need to reduce our incoming damage by roughly 28.5%.

The bonus to armor alone (ignoring shadow guard at 1%/1000) will grant 9% additive physical mitigation to our armor in Raid 1(55.01->64.35), HK:Epic(58.23->67.30), HK:Relic(60.82>69.62).

That 9% additive alone reduces incoming damage by 23% of the 28.5 we need, and the extra percentage or two from SG will knock off another 2%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast