+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Introducing the "Night Bomber" Plus Vixtrola's PVP Compilation [Guide]

Default Introducing the "Night Bomber" Plus Vixtrola's PVP Compilation [Guide]

Wanted to start off by saying I spend a lot of time trying new builds. Most of my time in PVP has been spent trying every possible combo of souls I can come up with and what I feel would be most effective and fun in warfronts. All builds posted below I came up with through trial and error and are all ones I don't see plastered all over the forums. Also a note on macros, I'm posting what I use obviously people have different opinions of what should and shouldn't be macroed, so if what I use seems wrong to you obviously just adjust them to fit your playstyle.

The Spec

Buffs Used
    Fell Blades, Hellfire Blades, Predatory Instincts

Macros I Use
    #show Dusk Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Fragmentation Bomb
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Blast Charge

#show Scourge of Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

#show Annihilation Bomb
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Annihilation Bomb
    cast Adhesive Bomb

Play Strategy
    This is currently my favorite Melee hybrid build. It's basically played the same as any high nightblade build but has some extra tools that make it a lot of fun. On most encounters you want to open with Dark Malady-->time bomb--->attack macro--->finisher macro. You can pack a huge amount of damage with this build even outside of melee. Loading someone with 5 charges, then hitting them with scourge enhanced twilight, fiery chains, and some fiery spikes(I keep this on its own button on this build), followed by a detonate can be pretty devastating.

I use annihilation bomb as an interrupt as well as my anti-kilter and it also does a very good amount of damage as well. Its great for finishing off healers. You also have dark contam which can be used as an interrupt as well.
    Although this build lacks any sort of break free with Combat Survival from sab and the defensive cooldowns from nightblade I found CC not to be a huge issue and I like having the extra crit, ap from pred, and 4% damage from ranger as opposed to going higher sab and 0 INF. Also if I remember right having a ranged soul allows charges to be calculated off ranged weapon. Not sure if this is still valid as I haven't really tested that out but if It does then it's another good reason to pick up Ranger.
    Only trap you get is debilitating which I only use at choke points like when holding codex or on bridge in scion and such. You could drop a point in long range bombing and pick up barbed if you want but I find myself not using these that often so don't see it as a big deal.
    I mostly just use blast charge but remember you have shrapnel and spike both are situation but have there uses. Shrapnel I use obviously same area I may use debilitating trap. With only 21 in sab the AOE isn't that great but it can add some assistance to the heavy AOE's when the fight is just and AOE frenzy. Load someone with 5 Shrapnel(preferably healer in the middle of the pack )-->Chemical Bomb--->Annihilation Bomb--->Adhesive Bomb-->spam attack macro
    This can really help your team pour on the AOE and try to burst down a couple healers, also adhesive is nice to try and keep as many people together as possible to assist your main AOE damagers

Don't forget to use your defensive cooldowns wisely, they have been discussed a lot in other NB threads so I won't go into it much but they will save your life and allow you take take out several people depending on rank and situation. Although I do see a lot of NB's blow them in situations where they are outnumbered 5+ to 1. Unless they are all R1 don't waste them like that and use them when they are really going to make an impact. And don't forget you have ebon fury available for some extra burst when needed
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-23-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

The Spec

The Basic Sin
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...pobqdkR.xx0M0c

Buffs Used
    Baneful Touch, Lethal Poison, Leeching Poison

Macros I Use
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Cut and Run
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Break Free

#show Final Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blow
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

Play Strategy
    As the title says this is my basic Sin warfront build. I went back and forth between 51 Sin builds and other variations but ended up liking this one the most. 51 sin is great for ganking but in warfronts I prefer something with little more flexibility.

Play with this isn't very different than any other high sin build. You want to open with jagged--->attack macro to 5cp--->impale-->foul play--->attack macro--->finisher macro. If you find yourself getting kited hit barbed shot, pop on the double and hit them with a malicious strike when you catch up. If they break from that you have pretty good damage from barbed/swift shot/empowered. On healers you will want to throw in anathema generally right after foul play breaks.. although lot of times you could throw it out there right after your opener. Really depends on targets HP and if they are getting backup heals. If they have someone else around healing as well I'd throw it out there right away.
    One of the things i like best about this build is getting leeching poison procs from MM abilities. Since leeching with poison mastery actually heals for a decent amount now it makes this very useful. I can sneak around drop a healer in the back and bolt back to my team with on the double while spamming swift shot and getting some heals to help me get back to my team.
    For defense you have cleanse soul, blinding powder and enduring brew. Brew with my current AP crits for about 2.1k which isn't too shabby. If you macro enduring brew and a mighty heal potion together and spam that when you need a big heal you can almost get a full heal anytime normal healing potion isn't on cooldown. Cleanse soul is really amazing for taking out those high rank mages and inquisitors. There are some fights against really good chlorolocks I prob would have no chance against without cleanse soul. Blinding works great as an interrupt, you will want to try and throw it up if you get double teamed to take one person out of the fight although most of the time they will just break out of it.
    Last thing wanted to mention is poison malice and slip away. Poison malice is actually a pretty nice burst of damage so use it accordingly. I mostly use this against warriors with high HP since it will also deal extra damage when hit in melee. Slip away in this build is pretty much entirely an offensive ability, with no hidden veil you aren't going to really be using this to escape. Now saying that it really depends on situation what to reopen with. Assassinate will hit hard with high AP and is generally what I like to use it for. But really just gauge your HP, opponents HP and current surroundings when deciding what to use.
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-23-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

The Spec

The Blademan

Buffs Used

Combat Prep, Electrified Munitions, Vampiric Muntitions

Macros I Use
    #show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Disengage
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Fragmentation Bomb
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Reprisal
    cast Untangle

#show Deadly Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Deadly Strike
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

#show Dualism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dualism
    cast Double Coup
    cast Blade Tempo

Play Strategy
    This spec is one of the harder spec's to play and wouldn't recommend it till R6+. To get really good attacks from BD you need really high AP. Saying that with high AP this can do some pretty high burst damage when dualism or double coup is going. On test dummy precision strike and quick strike crit for over 2k a hit when double coup is going. Adding MM to the spec's gives you the range attacks BD is lacking as well as nice AP boost on crits, speed boost, couple ranged weapon enhancements w/heal debuff and of course 25% armor pen. Then the 4 in Sab give you another 12% Dex to addon to the 15% you are already getting from BD, frag bomb, plus one other trick sab offers ill get into in a min.

My basic playstyle is open from range with barbed, get two more CP's from range to hopefully put vampiric on them and then flash of steel to them, follow with a 5cp deadly, next depends on targets rank and current hp. If they are low rank or low hp I generally will not use any of my rhythmic abilities. Instead ill generally just burst them down with my two macros and usually disengage will pop for any melee fight and for casters remember you have weapon barrage. For harder fights Ill use my power macro after my deadly strike hits. Also don't forget you have disassemble as well which can be a life saver.

One drawback with this spec and any BD spec generally is lack of self healing so you need to use your CC wisely. VM is really you're only source of self healing and isn't terribly reliable. Mass subdue is really a great CC. One thing i like to do is while under mass subdue charges from sab don't break the incap so you can load up CP's on someone and pop a finisher as soon as they get out. Adhesive bomb is also at your disposal to help with kiters.[/CENTER]
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-23-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Here are some other builds I've played and work well. Wish we had more roles so I could keep more up.
    This is a link to an old build guide I did
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ank-4-pvp.html
    the build linked on there still works great although I like using sab instead of ranger now.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rss.VbdNzoRR0d
    Similar to the one above but utilizes NB instead of Sin

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...hRo.EI0qM0skoz
    This build is similar idea as my Boomstick build you utilize deadly strike but in this case to buff healing from cadence. It actually works pretty well.

Also linking my older Charge Blade Spec which still works well although I like the new "Blademan" build more

So thats it for now. I'm always on the hunt for new and fun builds in PVP and will share them If I find anything I enjoy. Hope everyone enjoys the builds

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...iable-pvp.html

there's the charge blade link seemed to of forgotten it heh..

Rift Disciple

As someone who will be hitting 50 sometime early this week all of this looks a little overwhelming, but I'm going to be sure to go over it a bunch and try them all out. Thanks a lot, very useful

Bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn73 View Post
    As someone who will be hitting 50 sometime early this week all of this looks a little overwhelming, but I'm going to be sure to go over it a bunch and try them all out. Thanks a lot, very useful

Bookmarked.
    no problem, and let me know how everything goes I like feedback as it gives me ideas to improve current spec's and come up with new ones

Rift Disciple

Will do, I'm definitely trying the Sb/Ns one as soon as I hit 50, Sab is my favorite rogue spec and I'd love to be able to use it. I'll prolly get owned cause of crappy gear but it'll still be fun to try.

Do you happen to have any support builds you'd suggest? After the initial thrill of getting 50 wears off I'll have to start playing support until I get to R4-5 so as not to drag down my team, dps might be more fun but I'm not gonna be able to kill anyone at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn73 View Post
    Will do, I'm definitely trying the Sb/Ns one as soon as I hit 50, Sab is my favorite rogue spec and I'd love to be able to use it. I'll prolly get owned cause of crappy gear but it'll still be fun to try.

Do you happen to have any support builds you'd suggest? After the initial thrill of getting 50 wears off I'll have to start playing support until I get to R4-5 so as not to drag down my team, dps might be more fun but I'm not gonna be able to kill anyone at first.
    I never really cared for bard at all in PVP.. although the one bard spec I posted at the very bottom works well I just hate sitting there spamming cadence which is same reason I don't play high MM I don't like standing in one spot. Though for R1-4 now I'd probably do 44MM/22Sin/0Inf.. you get eradicate to help your team also if you can get a good bow/gun and are loaded up on epic lessers you can put out some decent damage as well also perm stealth allows you to move around and not get destroyed in 2 seconds all the time
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.

These are some pretty nice builds. I have tried a few of the Flavor of the Month builds, so to speak, and wasn't really a big fan. But some of these look interesting and I am going to have to try some of them out. Thanks for posting these. Keep it up
    You can look at the glass half full, or half empty. Either way, someone drank your sh!t...

You
    should
    this
    too
    just
    to
    make
    it
    hard
    to
    read.

And it's cool to see people experimenting with specs, but your gun and run (or something) spec is horrible, please make a spec where you don't have to jump around as if you had ants in your undies, and can match other more conventional specs in terms of dps and utility.
    I bet if you played a spec that doesn't require hitting your space bar between every macro click, you'd have the stamina to finally get to R8 already! ;)
    Last edited by Angryorc; 10-24-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
    You
    should
    this
    too
    just
    to
    make
    it
    hard
    to
    read.

He didn't type like that. He typed entire paragraphs that just happened to be centered. I guess that is your big issue?

Your NB/sab build looks interesting for WFs. I wanna try it out. I have 0 faith in BD atm so I don't think I'll be trying that.
    Last edited by Fonk; 10-24-2011 at 03:15 PM.

You
    should
    this
    too
    just
    to
    make
    it
    hard
    to
    read.

how does centering the macros make them hard to read?

And it's cool to see people experimenting with specs, but your gun and run (or something) spec is horrible, please make a spec where you don't have to jump around as if you had ants in your undies, and can match other more conventional specs in terms of dps and utility.
    I bet if you played a spec that doesn't require hitting your space bar between every macro click, you'd have the stamina to finally get to R8 already! ;)
    you don't have to jump at all its just habit like for many people besides other people jump WAY more than I do. And im not R8 yet cause I have a two kids and a dog:P
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-24-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonk View Post
    He didn't type like that. He typed entire paragraphs that just happened to be centered. I guess that is your big issue?

Your NB/sab build looks interesting for WFs. I wanna try it out. I have 0 faith in BD atm so I don't think I'll be trying that.
    the NB/BD build on the last page of the guide works very very well.. its actually becoming one of my favorite builds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast