+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Calo

Thread: Should Igive up on melee PVP. Enjoy your AOE spam fest.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple DotDotWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default Should Igive up on melee PVP. Enjoy your AOE spam fest.

    I am leveling in PVP so I can collect marks and be ready for 50. I have a 5RS/41As/10Infiltrator build and I can kill people fairly well at my level except for one small thing. I can't stay close to them. It seems half the BG is made of rogues spamming AOE and the other half is made of an assortment of various classes who can heal through any damage I do or just teleport away. I don't even bother targeting marksman rogues unless they are half dead because I know once I do my opener they will just kite me to death.

    Also I love how pets can see me from far away while I'm stealthed, keep chasing me after I use Cleanse Soul and Slip away even though they don't attack me they just follow me around so people know where I am. That's so glassy Trion.

    I like how I can be stealthed anywhere near a group of people and I'll get pulled out of stealth, because, you know, only most of my abilities require stealth. Stealth isn't important for my spec right?

    My account cancels tomorrow and I see little reason to resub. If I wanted to play a hunter I would play WoW.
    WoW did one thing right, crippling poison. At least they understood melee classes need people to stay in melee.
    Zaros suggested you can get R8 gear in 24 hours using potions.
    imBad "How would you get 24, 100% prestige potions?"
    Zaros: "Subscribe since beta?"
    Yes, Zaros, obviously the answer to the gear gap which makes people hate PVP on Rift, is time travel.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    You have a melee snare as assassin. You have a teleport as RS. If you used MM instead of Inf, you'd also have a speed run finisher, etc etc. This truly is a L2P issue.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Odaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    With that ****ty spec you should probably give up on the game. Sin has little trouble with mm at 50 if you have half a brain when you spec. Even if it did suck sin isn't the only melee in the game, nb/rs is the most opd rogue combo atm and it is melee.

  4. #4
    Qia
    Qia is offline
    Champion of Telara Qia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotWin View Post
    I am leveling in PVP so I can collect marks and be ready for 50. I have a 5RS/41As/10Infiltrator build and I can kill people fairly well at my level except for one small thing. I can't stay close to them. It seems half the BG is made of rogues spamming AOE and the other half is made of an assortment of various classes who can heal through any damage I do or just teleport away. I don't even bother targeting marksman rogues unless they are half dead because I know once I do my opener they will just kite me to death.

    Also I love how pets can see me from far away while I'm stealthed, keep chasing me after I use Cleanse Soul and Slip away even though they don't attack me they just follow me around so people know where I am. That's so glassy Trion.

    I like how I can be stealthed anywhere near a group of people and I'll get pulled out of stealth, because, you know, only most of my abilities require stealth. Stealth isn't important for my spec right?

    My account cancels tomorrow and I see little reason to resub. If I wanted to play a hunter I would play WoW.
    WoW did one thing right, crippling poison. At least they understood melee classes need people to stay in melee.
    You are aware that 100% increase potions last 2 hours?
    Ip

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple DotDotWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    You have a melee snare as assassin. You have a teleport as RS. If you used MM instead of Inf, you'd also have a speed run finisher, etc etc. This truly is a L2P issue.
    I have a melee snare I can use instead of damaging them that everyone seems to be removing automatically when they start the abilities that let them run faster. So, yeah, try harder.

    I have the RS teleport but that doesn't actually help very much when EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO.
    I do it, they do it, or they leap backwards and I'm still out of range and they are kiting me to death, again.

    But, oh, yes, telling me to not take the PVP soul so I can be viable in PVP, that my friend, is elegant proof of just how ****ed Trion had made the rogue class.
    Zaros suggested you can get R8 gear in 24 hours using potions.
    imBad "How would you get 24, 100% prestige potions?"
    Zaros: "Subscribe since beta?"
    Yes, Zaros, obviously the answer to the gear gap which makes people hate PVP on Rift, is time travel.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple DotDotWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    You are aware that 100% increase potions last 2 hours?
    100% what? Movement speed? Rep Gain? Armor? ***** size for dwarfs?
    Zaros suggested you can get R8 gear in 24 hours using potions.
    imBad "How would you get 24, 100% prestige potions?"
    Zaros: "Subscribe since beta?"
    Yes, Zaros, obviously the answer to the gear gap which makes people hate PVP on Rift, is time travel.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Mgrave66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Honestly, your spec is awful. My suggestion, drop the 5 in RS, pick up 0 in Ranger.
    Repine

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Odaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I've only fought mm with 51 sin, never touch the lower sin specs. It's 51sin/15bd/0rs. The other is 51 sin/15mm/0rs(or inf). Either one should have no trouble against a mm. Also the snare suggestion was idiotic, open with jagged strike, get impale on them and then foul play. If they break free you must wait until on the double drops to charge with flash of steel. After that they're dead unless they hit retreat which is what the 0pt rs teleport is for.

    None of this involves slip away which is on hand if they pop quick reload for a 2nd on the double/retreat but most are dead by that time.

    =p It's still not as easy as 22sin/44mm ganking though... paralyzing strike and most are dead after RFS. Its not melee, but initially it plays like one.
    Last edited by Odaman; 10-22-2011 at 02:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple DotDotWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odaman View Post
    With that ****ty spec you should probably give up on the game. Sin has little trouble with mm at 50 if you have half a brain when you spec. Even if it did suck sin isn't the only melee in the game, nb/rs is the most opd rogue combo atm and it is melee.

    Yes, if I want to be a warrior in leather I'll play NB/RS but I want to be a ROGUE you know, sneaking around, attacking people from the shadows, killing one guy standing between two other guys then running off laughing as they look around confused about what the **** just happened to their friend.. a ROGUE.

    I am not a warrior in leather, I am not a tank, I am not a ****ing musical side show I am a ROGUE. Trion seems to have forgotten what the definition of the word means.
    Zaros suggested you can get R8 gear in 24 hours using potions.
    imBad "How would you get 24, 100% prestige potions?"
    Zaros: "Subscribe since beta?"
    Yes, Zaros, obviously the answer to the gear gap which makes people hate PVP on Rift, is time travel.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Odaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I like how you focus on the NB part and ignore the fact I blame your spec for your failure as a sin.

  11. #11
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    its called adapting, you should try it. "rogue" means many things, not just what you want it too, and in general trion has done a fairly decent job of representing the many varied definitions of it.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Intoxication's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Firstly, Physical damage is not preferred in PvP at the moment for obvious reasons.
    Secondly when your a low rank in PvP your AP/Crit and Armor will be low, Meaning lower burst+Survivability, sounds pointless
    I'd advice you to go ranged until your a few ranks up and better gear and some more valor going on then try your 51 sin spec.

    If already quit the game, then bye and hf.
    Last edited by Intoxication; 10-22-2011 at 03:07 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple sirdanile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    1. I only count 56 points in that spec instead of 66... you're not level 50 are you?
    2. The above means that you're going into the defensive side of the infiltrator tree...
    3. Which then leads to me pointing out that you've probably got a lot of wasted points in sin
    4. If you don't want to be the warrior in leather drop riftstalker...

    Try a spec like this...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...tobqddR.VV0G0o

    or possibly

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ftobqddR.x0xzV

    Or maybe even

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...g0ss.0Vkcx0b.o

    or invert that last one if you absolutely hate nightblade...

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...AkfxobodbR.VMo

    Almost all of these options give you some form of ability to catch up/snare/kill at range while still being a melee who bursts from stealth.
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

    Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Play as a bard in a WF? rift stalking bard is about the hardest pre 50 to kill and supports the others.

    And as said your spec is simply terrible. If your unable to adapt to any specs suggested then it really is a case of suck up the deaths till 50. And when you get to 50? Again you will need to adapt because the masses will eat you.

    Not to sound rude, you will not be an arseassin of any sort till r6 and even then, it is now simply not a realistic spec for pvp, NM all the videos of the people claiming Sins are great, they rely to much on CDs'. With the change to slip away I no longer even spec a sin.

  15. #15
    Qia
    Qia is offline
    Champion of Telara Qia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotWin View Post
    100% what? Movement speed? Rep Gain? Armor? ***** size for dwarfs?
    Look at your signature.
    100% Prestige/Favor/XP potions last 2 hours. In order to get 24 Hours worth of potions you would need only 12 potions, not 24.
    Last edited by Qia; 10-23-2011 at 01:25 AM.
    Ip

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts