+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are level 50 Riftstalker tanks?

Rift Disciple

Default How are level 50 Riftstalker tanks?

Hey guys, I'm level 43 right now and I'm leveling using two specs: BD/RS/AS for solo questing and Bard/RS/BD as my tanking spec for instances. I absolutely love tanking and can easily say that out of the 4-5 other MMOs I've played, RS is by far the most fun tanking spec I've ever played with.

So I'm curious, how viable are rogue tanks once I hit 50? So far I haven't heard a single complaint from healers about being to squishy but idk if that changes at 50. In a lot of other games the warrior is the primary tank and while there's usually a second class that can tank, often times they're subpar and can't equate to warrior tanks. I'm just wondering if that's how it is in rift as well, or if RS is actually a valid tank for raids and experts.

Any input is welcome, thanks.

I have done Rapid Assault tanking with my rogue tank in every T2, tanking fine through all 10 man and tanked fine in River of Souls and Green Scale Blight, Hammerknell is yet to come, I feel the right build the right gear you can be a much better boss tank than warriors for most bosses, but they come out clear ontop for physical mitigation.

In short they are awesome tanks and soon to be even more viable for harder physical type bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    I have done Rapid Assault tanking with my rogue tank in every T2, tanking fine through all 10 man and tanked fine in River of Souls and Green Scale Blight, Hammerknell is yet to come, I feel the right build the right gear you can be a much better boss tank than warriors for most bosses, but they come out clear ontop for physical mitigation.

In short they are awesome tanks and soon to be even more viable for harder physical type bosses.
    yeah its the spec and the gear that makes you take more damage than warriors. which is why rogues are clearly the best!

General of Telara

As I understand it rogues were perfectly fine for tanking through T2s and low-content instance raids pre-1.5, and now they're even better for those roles. It's high-tier raiding like Hammerknell where game mechanics break down on rogues and often leave them unable to survive the amount of punishment they'll take due to lower mitigation and avoidance values than other tanks.

Maybe, doubtfully but maybe, 1.6 will significantly improve that situation, but don't bet on it. The last I read on the subject rogues were still taking a third again the damage of clerics and warriors which is somewhat insane.

+ Reply to Thread