+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Is it me or do warriors not even know what they are whining about?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default Is it me or do warriors not even know what they are whining about?

    ok has this happened to anyone where a warrior would but in to a conversation and start pouting about how all rogues need to do is spam fan out despite the fact that has nothing to do with anything?

    example I'm nightblade rift stalker for pvp and i was asking would it be wiser to use guardian phase for planar vortex (the new aoe threat stuff from blinking) or go stalker for the increased damage and swear to god 20 seconds after i say im a night blade rift stalker he starts pouting about fan out. It's understandable if it happened 1 or 2 times just a couple idiots but this has happened ALOT.

    I mean is it just warriors are idiots or are they just pouting about not being the top dps class anymore?

  2. #2
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    They're not (usually) idiots, and it's not just DPS issues as well. I've had a couple experiences with people insisting that rogues are now handed threat on a silver platter, tied up with a bow, when in my experience rogues are in fact not having their threat so handed to them.

    Bear in mind that my experiences do not encompass instanced raid environments and the worst case of "what silver platter" was when a level 45 warrior held aggro off of my T1 rogue long after taunts should have worn off despite her using just about everything but Planar Strike (using BD single-targets due to it being an AoE farm build in a zone event), but hey, if a warrior 5 levels under and significantly worse-geared can keep aggro off of her after the taunts wear off sub-raiding rogue threat must be getting the copper platter if it's lucky.

    Any rate, /nerdraging over patch-based hot button topics should be expected and routinely ignored. Just wait until 1.6 goes live and all the "OP" mage changes go in. /shrugs.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    They're not (usually) idiots, and it's not just DPS issues as well. I've had a couple experiences with people insisting that rogues are now handed threat on a silver platter, tied up with a bow, when in my experience rogues are in fact not having their threat so handed to them.

    Bear in mind that my experiences do not encompass instanced raid environments and the worst case of "what silver platter" was when a level 45 warrior held aggro off of my T1 rogue long after taunts should have worn off despite her using just about everything but Planar Strike (using BD single-targets due to it being an AoE farm build in a zone event), but hey, if a warrior 5 levels under and significantly worse-geared can keep aggro off of her after the taunts wear off sub-raiding rogue threat must be getting the copper platter if it's lucky.

    Any rate, /nerdraging over patch-based hot button topics should be expected and routinely ignored. Just wait until 1.6 goes live and all the "OP" mage changes go in. /shrugs.
    eh i guess your right ty man

  4. #4
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    vm is pretty stupid. yes its decently easy to deal with on both sides, but its still silly. the nerf to it is more than fine.

    as to the "op" mage changes in the next patch, the mage community for the most part is actually testing multiple builds and pointing out not only bugs, but problems with scaling (both good and bad) and in general going along with the changes from the opening "op" builds. there isnt anywhere near the whining about them that rogues were doing when we were getting our go through patch.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  5. #5
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    They're not (usually) idiots, and it's not just DPS issues as well. I've had a couple experiences with people insisting that rogues are now handed threat on a silver platter, tied up with a bow, when in my experience rogues are in fact not having their threat so handed to them.

    Bear in mind that my experiences do not encompass instanced raid environments and the worst case of "what silver platter" was when a level 45 warrior held aggro off of my T1 rogue long after taunts should have worn off despite her using just about everything but Planar Strike (using BD single-targets due to it being an AoE farm build in a zone event), but hey, if a warrior 5 levels under and significantly worse-geared can keep aggro off of her after the taunts wear off sub-raiding rogue threat must be getting the copper platter if it's lucky.

    Any rate, /nerdraging over patch-based hot button topics should be expected and routinely ignored. Just wait until 1.6 goes live and all the "OP" mage changes go in. /shrugs.
    Warriors complaining about Rogue threat just boggles my mind. No, literally, I cannot comprehend it in the slightest.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default No more sabs

    I think the biggest problems warriors are having is there are no longer any sabodancers (sabdancers) giving warriors their comfort push with incriminate. I believe that many warriors became accustomed to having this "extra" bump. Now that many have become lazy and see that rogue are handling business, they wish to argue about it.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Warriors complaining about Rogue threat just boggles my mind. No, literally, I cannot comprehend it in the slightest.
    right now for endgame raiding threat goes rogue>warrior>cleric. clerics need major love, warriors ONLY can do threat if they have spotters order (6wl minimum) thus making rogues king of threat.

    this is true for aoe and singlet target but it's felt more profoundly for single target where rogues and warriors routinely pull aggro off cleric and warrior tanks and never off rogues. oddly, this single target threat imbalance has been int he game since day 1, even with the buffs to spotters order and cleric tanking they stil have never in any patch had more ST threat than rogues, 1.5 made rogues have even more threat ST and TONS more aoe making them threat kings for all fights in the game that require high threat. with SO going to bards and archons this means come 1.6 you dont even need warrior or cleric tanks, though id still take cleric tanks since they are terrible dps and can only tank and heal, but that's just me (fix this trion, raiders everywhere want clerics doing the same dps as warriors rogues and mages).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    right now for endgame raiding threat goes rogue>warrior>cleric. clerics need major love, warriors ONLY can do threat if they have spotters order (6wl minimum) thus making rogues king of threat.

    this is true for aoe and singlet target but it's felt more profoundly for single target where rogues and warriors routinely pull aggro off cleric and warrior tanks and never off rogues. oddly, this single target threat imbalance has been int he game since day 1, even with the buffs to spotters order and cleric tanking they stil have never in any patch had more ST threat than rogues, 1.5 made rogues have even more threat ST and TONS more aoe making them threat kings for all fights in the game that require high threat. with SO going to bards and archons this means come 1.6 you dont even need warrior or cleric tanks, though id still take cleric tanks since they are terrible dps and can only tank and heal, but that's just me (fix this trion, raiders everywhere want clerics doing the same dps as warriors rogues and mages).
    Warriors are getting a threat boost outside of SO that will scale much better. I have no idea how you can say you "don't even need Warrior or Cleric tanks" when they're the best at actually tanking things. As far as raid utility goes Clerics are the best now, though Warriors still at least have their purge, cleanse, and pull-in, as well as two taunts on different CDs. Rogues can... make the raid look like it got AOE'd and give healers carpal tunnel syndrome.

    *Someone* is always going to have the best threat. Warriors and Rogues seem to be fairly even with the changes on PTS as best I could tell. Clerics still need something for threat but are otherwise, arguably, the best tanks for physical fights.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts