+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Assassin: Stealth useless, they can see me!

Plane Touched

Default Assassin: Stealth useless, they can see me!

How much higher level and how far away can people see you even if you're stealthed. This is getting outrageous.

I got attacked by another rogue who is level 40 and I am level 38, while I was stealthed. I first noticed him while he was still a great distance away from me, and since I was already stealthed I didn't worry about him. Then suddenly he attacks me from stealth out of nowhere, I used slip away and sprint, ran about 50m away, then turned and ran about 100m the other way in an L pattern so I would end up somewhere as random possible so he wouldn't know where I went. I remained in stealth and continued moving then in another direction thinking I was now safe since I went so far away into a random spot while remaining stealthed.

However it did not work, somehow he managed to go straight to where I was without any problem at all! and ambushed me again. How is this **** possible!
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Plane Touched

I also went up to another player yesterday who was 1 level lower than me. I was just messing around bored, but I came across him while I was stealthed so theres no way he should have known I was there. I stayed about 15m away jumping around in circles around him, and he kept turning his character facing exactly to my direction as I moved. If I stopped moving he would stop and be facing right at me, then I start moving again and he would rotate his character in the direction facing me the entire time. I asked him how he could see and he said "Level advantage". But he was 1 level lower!
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Plane Touched

Do you have two points in Silent Foosteps? Without that, you are very easy to spot.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Renynzea View Post
    Do you have two points in Silent Foosteps? Without that, you are very easy to spot.
    First of all of course I do.

Second of all, when you get detected in stealth, doesn't that generally "pop" your stealth away. Meaning you will suddenly lose stealth?

These people are down right 100% watching my exact movements the entire time I am stealthed. I know that everyonce and a while you can see someone for a Brief second, but thats hardly enough to know their exact position, maybe enough to AOE that area, but not to track their exact movements.

I know there is a radar hack out there that tracks other players on the minimap, showing their exact position, maybe this is it.-
    Last edited by Fade2Black; 10-21-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    How much higher level and how far away can people see you even if you're stealthed. This is getting outrageous.

I got attacked by another rogue who is level 40 and I am level 38, while I was stealthed. I first noticed him while he was still a great distance away from me, and since I was already stealthed I didn't worry about him. Then suddenly he attacks me from stealth out of nowhere, I used slip away and sprint, ran about 50m away, then turned and ran about 100m the other way in an L pattern so I would end up somewhere as random possible so he wouldn't know where I went. I remained in stealth and continued moving then in another direction thinking I was now safe since I went so far away into a random spot while remaining stealthed.

However it did not work, somehow he managed to go straight to where I was without any problem at all! and ambushed me again. How is this **** possible!
    Stealth detection is a function of:

1) Distance
    2) Time in Line of Sight
    3) Level Difference Beween Characters
    4) +/-Stealth Augmenters

You were the victim of factor number 3. There's no good description of the mechanic in Rift, but it works nearly (if not completely) identically to WoW's stealth mechanic.

Read for tips: http://www.wowwiki.com/Stealth_(mechanic)

Rift Disciple

I had that once happen to me also, at lvl 50 another 50 was pinpointing me and ambusching me while i was stealthed.
    Only happend once though, maybe they used that potion that shows other players im still not sure.

there are items in game that will show you the location of all "stealthed" players on your mini-map.
    Retired from raiding

It could also be a skill that detects stealth at a farther distance.

Plane Touched

Yes, exactly. That explains why everybody at all times seems to be able to pinpoint exatly where I am while stealthed.

For me personally, when I see an enemy lower level than me while stealthed, they only show up for a milesecond before dissapearing completely again. This does not provide me enough to target them and does not allow me to follow their exact path should they turn and start moving another direction. It only tells me their general location.

Everybody seems to be able to see me 100% as if I wasn't stealthed at all. Explain the difference here between only seeing a stealthed enemy for a milesecond and they are gone again, and them having 100% sight on me at all times.

Rift Master

38 points into ranger you get "Track Humanoids". Although I have no idea if it actually shows stealthed players on the minimap.

I see this all the time too. Stealth is near worthless and even at 50 you might as well just call it the "I walk slower spell"

But it's no big deal. Stealth isn't important at all to the class.
    Everyone should be able to see through it at close range.
    After all, assassins are known for being polite and gentle folk, right Trion?
    Zaros suggested you can get R8 gear in 24 hours using potions.
    imBad "How would you get 24, 100% prestige potions?"
    Zaros: "Subscribe since beta?"
    Yes, Zaros, obviously the answer to the gear gap which makes people hate PVP on Rift, is time travel.

You shouldn't have any issues with being detected through stealth as a sin at 50. If you do you should look at improved stealth and put elusiveness on your ****ing bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    I know there is a radar hack out there that tracks other players on the minimap, showing their exact position, maybe this is it.-
    Good Lord.... Hope about this. Check out your PVP vendors. For Guardians the guy in the back right hand corner of the tent, SELLs potions that reveal stealth. I'm on a PVE server so there is no open world use, but you can obviously see where these potions come in handy during WFs. They are MADE so rogues can't slip into your base, undetected grab the flag and hit tubro back to their base. Do we really have to have the conspiracy threories? C'mon guys are you rerolls or have you been playing this class? L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbro View Post
    Good Lord.... How about this. Check out your PVP vendors. For Guardians the guy in the back right hand corner of the tent, SELLs potions that reveal stealth. L2P
    Opps, correction.....back left hand side of tent

Shadowlander

next rogues are going to be asking "How do I shot web?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast