+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Rogue

Rift Chaser

Default 51 Rogue

I've been watching my brother play and decided to join in the fun. He is a war and all he does is ***** about rouges. So I thought that's what I want to be.

Question? He was playing with a 51mm,14rg,1r (or something like that) and said this person was awesome.

I would like to strive to be a good DPS Rogue (mostly playing PVE until I get better with PVP). Is there a good soul to lead to this position (macro's) . I don't mind it being a 50 build because I can work toward that build and make changes if need as I go along. Figure to have the top 50 right away and work toward that goal. Any helps comments would be great.

Hope he doesn't see this threat,right now using his account
    Last edited by Brilliant; 10-21-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I've been watching my brother play and decided to join in the fun. He is a war and all he does is ***** about rouges. So I thought that's what I want to be.

Question? He was playing with a 51mm,14rg,1r (or something like that) and said this person was awesome.

I would like to strive to be a good DPS Rogue (mostly playing PVE until I get better with PVP). Is there a good soul to lead to this position (macro's) . I don't mind it being a 50 build because I can work toward that build and make changes if need as I go along. Figure to have the top 50 right away and work toward that goal. Any helps comments would be great.

Hope he doesn't see this threat,right now using his account

Alright, lets start with a few things to try and clarify this post.
    * By 51 rogue, do you mean a level 50 rogue, with a 51 point alotment in a particular soul? I'm assuming this is the case, but I am mentioning it to make your post more clear.

* "***** about rouges" Pet peeve, it's Rogue, not rouge. One is a class, one is a colour.

* "Is there a good soul to lead to this position (macro's) " I'm just honestly not sure what you mean by this. Are you after A) a guide to how to set up a 51 MM rogue? or.. B) Something else. If it is the former, there are a ton of threads already in this section of the forum. RTFM, so to say. If it is something else, you'll have to clarify that so you can be helped.

* "Figure to have the top 50 right away and work toward that goal. " I'm not a 100% clear on what you are trying to convey, but I am fairly certain you are saying you want the end build and will work toward it? You could also be stating that 51 MM rogues are the best level 50 Rogue, which a number of folks would not agree with. If it is the former, once again read the multitude of posts already in the forum.

* "Any helps comments would be great." Is this "Any help or comments would be great"? If so, I hope I have been of use!

* "Hope he doesn't see this threat,right now using his account" Hmmm, by threat I assume you mean "thread", good try though. By "right now using his account" I assume you mean "right now I am using his account"? Not the wisest thing to announce, if indeed this post is a real one and not someone just trying to be assaulted verbally.

Regardless, I hope to have aided you. *chuckle*

- Laban

I don't know much about leveling in a melee build - I hope someone else can answer that.

I'm leveling up as a Ranger/MM/Sin using this as a rough guide:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...d-1-3-a.html#3

The boar is VERY helpful when questing solo and the wolf (eventually raptor) provides decent DPS in dungeons.

Unfortunately, dungeon queues for DPS are ridiculously long. I also have a Bard build so I can get in a little faster. YMMV.

Once I hit 50 I plan on checking and re-speccing the 51Ranger build for soloing, a 51Bard for raid support, and creating a 51MM build using this as a guide:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...de-v1-5-a.html

You'll note that the Ranger leveling build and the 51MM build both have decent macros.

+ Reply to Thread