+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP tips? keybinds info + looking for feedback

Rift Chaser

Default PVP tips? keybinds info + looking for feedback

Hey yall, im a nooby pvp-er who is p7 (since attending warfronts is all that is required to obtain it) yet i was always wondering why others were so much faster then i was, so i went into options and figured out some things namely keybinds for the most part and that ya dont need the mouse at all (some iffies about this)

lets use a simple pvp rogue build for my examples namely :
    44 NB / 22 Riftstalker / 0 infiltrator

macro 1
    #show primal strike
    cast dusk strike
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery chains
    cast primal strike
    cast rift disturbance (not sure)
    cast fiery spike
    cast ebon fury (again not sure)
    cast planar disruption (same)
    cast break free
    use words of war
    suppressmacrofailures

macro 2
    #show scourge of darkness
    cast scourge of darkness
    cast blazing strike
    cast flame thrust
    cast break free
    suppressmacrofailures

This build is discussed in a couple of threads so i wont go over the spec itself and since there are lotsa variations and preferences i wont get into that either.

What i will get into and i hope to get some feedback about this are keybinds, what i did was buy a new keyboard that had a numpad, now after this i made this particular spec really slim meaning i made sure everything fit into 12 macro buttons, which i will list now.

those macro # signify where on my primary bar i have em situated offcourse ya noticed there are a few gaps on buttons: 3 which would be dusk to dawn 5 which would be shadow shift 8 which would be conceal
    and 11 and 12 which i directed to - and + on my numpad which has fell blades and hellfire blades.

So this is how currently i listed my macroes for this spec and i went into
    options ---> keybindings ----> scrolled down to main action bar and added the num pad numbers to all my macroes and abilities!

This means that i wont need to use the mouse at all to click abilities and speeds things up significantly also prevents the annoying thing that unlocks yer bar and ends up dragging abilities during a combat situations.

I have one problem tho and this is with area placement effects (not in this build) like rain of arrows of the sabo sticky bomb is there a way to manage dropping these without using the mouse in an appropriate place?

Also i bet lotsa peeps came up with this and are actually utilising a more effective way of what i listed here i would love to read about what you guys do.

Anyways thx for reading and hopefully thx for replying

Greetz styxxey
    Last edited by Styxxey; 10-20-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Rift Chaser

blech it was a mess didnt come out the way i wanted anyways macro 1 and 2 are up there already ill add the rest here:

macro 4
    #show shadow blitz
    cast shadow assault
    cast shadow blitz
    cast shadow stalk
    suppressmacrofailures

macro 6
    #show blackout
    cast blackout
    cast twilight shelter
    cast break free
    suppressmacrofailures

macro 7 #show twilight trancendence
    cast twilight trancendence
    cast break free
    suppressmacrofailures

macro 9
    use revitalization seed
    use heroic healing tonic
    suppressmacrofailures

macro 10
    cast [inactive] stalker phase
    cast planebound resilience

these macros should have been in the top message i tried to make it so that they would be listed from left to right but the post didnt show it like that after i posted and the editing was expired /sad face

anyways i hope my point still comes across!

These macros are a bit of a wreck tbh

spam macro:

#show dusk strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast dusk strike
    cast primal strike
    cast fiery chains
    cast fiery spike

the only reason ranged attacks are here in this order is so when a target is not in range you still do some damage to them

break free should not be in your main spam

scourge should absolutely be bound separately

i do not recommend putting blazing strike and flame thrust together

planar disruption needs its own key

rift disturbance needs its own key to facilitate scourge+rift disturbance

twilight force can be macroed in but i prefer to keep my snare separate so as not to trigger diminishing returns with unneeded snares

ebon fury absolutely should be on its own key

your defensive cooldowns can be macroed but it is much more effective to separate them and use them wisely, especially break free, it should not be in half your macroes, also see lag note above

To be quite honest great pvpers tend not to rely on macros but on savvy keybinds and using the right abilities at the right times

Also, including so many abilities in your macro #1 will generate lag causing delays between attacks, I won't get into the tech details but you lose speed for dubious efficiency
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Rift Chaser

yea i realize that thats why i put it out there asking for advice what keybinds a great pvp-er would use in a spec like the one i put up which is a popular one so i assumed someone might be using it!

anyways thx for replying ill look into my keybinds i have been experiencing lag between attacks and clicks

+ Reply to Thread