+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.6 RS changes PvP concern

Soulwalker

Default 1.6 RS changes PvP concern

First i want to say im liking the way RS is looking in pve for tanking. seems the changes will make the game play less tedious !

The changes to Annihilate and how it activates some of our defensive abilities along with our atk pwr buff raises some concern in a pvp aspect tho. It just seems to good when combined with other souls . So i wanted to offer my opinion on how to balance it while its still on the PTS and not on live servers to avoid massive QQ and frustration.

My recommendations:

1.) change the 15% ap buff gained to only effect RS abilities.

I know that its a huge change and it will effect alot . Things of concern are killing variety of choice for pvp
    specs , lost in potential threat, effect "blink" type specs . Even after those loses i feel like it would be beneficial in the long scope of things to make the change . If people want to spec into a tanking soul it just seems the most balance when theres more of a trade off for gaining defense by loosing a little offense. This change would definitely kill pve blink specs tho. Threat wise we barely use Annihilate as it stands now with no threat problems i dont really see much concern there

2.) Make the AP buff a stacking buff with a short or long duration

Same idea as the above generally but if its a short duration and stacking you would be making a choice of using some defense when need while gaining potential damage to use when you go back to attacking. Long duration depending on the stacks could keep PVE blink specs viable in longer encounters with less movement.

well this is just my opinion take it for whats it worth and yes i am a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by hotfixed View Post
    First i want to say im liking the way RS is looking in pve for tanking. seems the changes will make the game play less tedious !

The changes to Annihilate and how it activates some of our defensive abilities along with our atk pwr buff raises some concern in a pvp aspect tho. It just seems to good when combined with other souls . So i wanted to offer my opinion on how to balance it while its still on the PTS and not on live servers to avoid massive QQ and frustration.

My recommendations:

I know that its a huge change and it will effect alot . Things of concern are killing variety of choice for pvp
    specs , lost in potential threat, effect "blink" type specs . Even after those loses i feel like it would be beneficial in the long scope of things to make the change . If people want to spec into a tanking soul it just seems the most balance when theres more of a trade off for gaining defense by loosing a little offense. This change would definitely kill pve blink specs tho. Threat wise we barely use Annihilate as it stands now with no threat problems i dont really see much concern there

2.) Make the AP buff a stacking buff with a short or long duration

Same idea as the above generally but if its a short duration and stacking you would be making a choice of using some defense when need while gaining potential damage to use when you go back to attacking. Long duration depending on the stacks could keep PVE blink specs viable in longer encounters with less movement.

well this is just my opinion take it for whats it worth and yes i am a rogue
    Gotta love PvP suggestions that destroy PvE dps specs. Ya, lets dismantle the only specs that come even close to marksman DPS because of an ability with limited usefulness in PvP. That way we can all be MM's instead of Sabdancers.... sounds like a brilliantly thought out plan.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by hotfixed View Post
    No

/10noes
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Gotta love PvP suggestions that destroy PvE dps specs. Ya, lets dismantle the only specs that come even close to marksman DPS because of an ability with limited usefulness in PvP. That way we can all be MM's instead of Sabdancers.... sounds like a brilliantly thought out plan.
    especially considering no one uses it in pvp as it's a waste of a finisher :P

it really sux having to annihilate every 30s instead of 60s, imo the buff should be passive so i never have to activate it, just put it with stalker phase, then make annihilate do something special for tanking.

but then that would make it OP in pvp which imo needs no balancing ever since it's just a gear grind, u can gear grind naked and in a graveyard just as fast as you can fully geared and killing ppl.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread