+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps

Soulwalker

Default Dps

I'm sure this was brought up before but In search I can't find it anywhere. My question is does dps from daggers affect the dps if you are ranged? I'm marksmen doing 1.7k+ in gsb and I think that the dagger dps gets factor into it but others do not think so. There is no possible way to test this either because if i remove the daggers I lose the ap and dex bonus. Has anyone stumble upon something that might clear this up for me?

Rift Chaser

As a MM, your melee weapon DPS does not affect your ranged attack damage.

Putting whetstones on your daggers increases ranged dps though, but the daggers themselves are just for stats.

Qan

Quote Originally Posted by Dyntai View Post
    I'm sure this was brought up before but In search I can't find it anywhere. My question is does dps from daggers affect the dps if you are ranged? I'm marksmen doing 1.7k+ in gsb and I think that the dagger dps gets factor into it but others do not think so. There is no possible way to test this either because if i remove the daggers I lose the ap and dex bonus. Has anyone stumble upon something that might clear this up for me?
    If you want to test it just equip 2 caster weapons that have int/wis/sp. That way when you remove them it won't change your AP/Crit.
    The two posters above are correct though.
    Last edited by Qan; 10-20-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

Soulwalker

I see. Thanks for the information guys. Some people do still think melee increases range. So melee classes get the average of their dps i'm assuming? Since range dps is at a higher level.

it affects them in a weird way, since whetstones increase ranged dmg... i need to do further testing but there is an issue with there being stats on the wpns screwing up results.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Dyntai View Post
    I see. Thanks for the information guys. Some people do still think melee increases range. So melee classes get the average of their dps i'm assuming? Since range dps is at a higher level.
    Most all melee abilities use the mainhand DPS. A few use the offhand DPS. 4 of those are Bladedancer and one is Rift Disturbance (Riftstalker). Aside from those few abilities and auto-attack, the offhand is a stat-stick for meleers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    Most all melee abilities use the mainhand DPS. A few use the offhand DPS. 4 of those are Bladedancer and one is Rift Disturbance (Riftstalker). Aside from those few abilities and auto-attack, the offhand is a stat-stick for meleers.
    Which I think is one of the inherent problems with the class. All melee rogues dual wield... all melee skills should be effected by OH weapon DPS (at a much lower coefficient of course).
    Equal Opportunity A-Hole/Rogue of <Momentum>.
    Drathmar - Lvl 50 Rogue (51mm/Blink Blade/51RS/44NB-22RS/Bard)
    "The fundamental cause of trouble in the world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

+ Reply to Thread