+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So seems we got nerfed in upcoming 1.6

Default So seems we got nerfed in upcoming 1.6

At least, according to ALL the people who came here telling me "Enjoy the upcoming nerf in the next patch!".
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

my #'s are lower on PTS but dunno why lol.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

In what way we are getting nerfed lol ? I can only see some really nice buffs, and do not consider toning down VM Fan Out spam a nerf !

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Shadowlander

The VM change is a PVP nerf, but thats fine. Crybabies want to blame their bad play styles on OP MMs sot hey get nerfed.

The changes to the other munitions is a massive PVE nerf to MM though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naginataka View Post
    Nop, likely a buff acutally, may give you the ability for silver tip to be useful in AoE (can probably maintain stacks of it on multiple mobs). Since those abilities (electrified and silver tip) can't proc on more then 1 target per ability usage, it's really no difference.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Default ..

..guys....I was being facetious. Everyone and their mothers were telling me in game and out that we were about to get nerfed ...and we aren't. We are pretty balanced atm, but they just don't realize Im PR8 when i kill them.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

The VM change is a PVP nerf, but thats fine. Crybabies want to blame their bad play styles on OP MMs sot hey get nerfed.

I don't really see a nerf in MM. ST dps will remain unchanged. I am not even sure of the AE thing will result in a huge nerf because of the cooldown we have atm. I already see fights where the munitions aren't stacking on soke od the targets in an AE encounter.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    This worries me

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    By how much? And is it total dps, or just the sheer damage per ability?

The changes to Annihilate are what really worry me. It is going to essentially destroy all of our blink based DPS specs. This means Sin becomes useless for PvE again, and BD will only be viable with a 4 piece HK crystal, if even then. Not to mention it will be an AoE DPS increase for MM since both Silver Tip and EM will be able to proc on AoE. There will be absolutely no reason to be anything other than MM now. We will just have traded Sabdancer for 51 MM.
    Last edited by Gyle; 10-19-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    The changes to Annihilate are what really worry me. It is going to essentially destroy all of our blink based DPS specs. This means Sin becomes useless for PvE again, and BD will only be viable with a 4 piece HK crystal, if even then. Not to mention it will be an AoE DPS increase for MM since both Silver Tip and EM will be able to proc on AoE. There will be absolutely no reason to be anything other than MM now. We will just have traded Sabdancer for 51 MM.
    Wait what?

Reading the list Annihilate currently gives 15% AP and some ****ty damage

New annihilate will give

30% armor increase x 30 secs
    15% AP increase
    and 15% dam absorb for 50% health for 30 secs.

All for very few points. (cut below).

Where is this *** nerf?

* Guarded Steel: Now unlocks with 6 points spent in Riftstalker. Changed to a passive ability. Increases armor by 30% after using Annihilate, lasts for 30 seconds.
    * Blighted Steel - New Ability: Unlocks with 8 points spent in Riftstalker. Increases Attack Power by 15% after using Annihilate, lasts 30 seconds.
    * Rift Guard: Changed to a passive ability. All Plane Shift abilities and Annihilate trigger Rift Guard, absorbing 15% of all incoming damage for up to 50% of the Rogue's current maximum health. Lasts for 30 seconds.

Wait what?

New annihilate will give

15% AP increase

Where is this *** nerf?

* Guarded Steel: Now unlocks with 6 points spent in Riftstalker. Changed to a passive ability. Increases armor by 30% after using Annihilate, lasts for 30 seconds.
    * Blighted Steel - New Ability: Unlocks with 8 points spent in Riftstalker. Increases Attack Power by 15% after using Annihilate, lasts 30 seconds.
    * Rift Guard: Changed to a passive ability. All Plane Shift abilities and Annihilate trigger Rift Guard, absorbing 15% of all incoming damage for up to 50% of the Rogue's current maximum health. Lasts for 30 seconds.
    None of new tack-ons to annihilate do anything to boost dps. Its duration, however, has been shortened to 30 seconds. Currently it lasts for 60 seconds. That's a pretty significant change to dps specs that feature annihilate.
    Swirl @ Shatterbone <Fracture> http://fracture-rift.guildlaunch.com/
    HK: 10/11 | R7
    "Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient champagne"

Wait what?

New annihilate will give

15% AP increase

Where is this *** nerf?

Having to use this finisher every 30 seconds rather than a useful finisher is going to significantly impact the DPS output of those builds. Or at least it might. It depends on how much of a DPS loss using a 1 point Annihilate every 30 seconds just to keep the AP buff up will be. As long as they keep it giving the 30 second buff even at 1 point it might not really have an impact.

As for the defensive changes, wtf do i care, i was talking about DPS specs, i am not saying they are not nice, i am saying if they lower my DPS you can keep them, i dont need more defenses in my DPS specs.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Swirl View Post
    None of new tack-ons to annihilate do anything to boost dps. Its duration, however, has been shortened to 30 seconds. Currently it lasts for 60 seconds. That's a pretty significant change to dps specs that feature annihilate.
    Its one GCD more a minute. Thats not a "significant" nerf, and considering that RS is a tanking soul and we have all used it for DPS and survivability, I will take the -1 GCD per minute for the greatly increased survivability. I think most people were expecting a big RS DPS nerf, and it did not happen.

Its one GCD more a minute. Thats not a "significant" nerf, and considering that RS is a tanking soul and we have all used it for DPS and survivability, I will take the -1 GCD per minute for the greatly increased survivability. I think most people were expecting a big RS DPS nerf, and it did not happen.
    Not to be a jerk, but if you need more survivability in your DPS specs you are doing something wrong. You shouldn't be dying now, what good does more defense stats do? Also its only an increase in armor, and i can tell you that REALLY does not matter, like REALLY, if im taking a melee hit in HK an extra 30% armor means absolutely nothing against a 200% crit modifier, im going to die. Also, depending on how they set it up when it goes live, it is not just 1 GCD. Like i said, so long as a 1 CP Annihilate gives you the AP buff, it may not be a big deal, but if it takes a full 5 CP to get the 30 second buff it will reduce the DPS on BD/RS and Sin/RS hybrid builds by hundreds.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast